Penny Blossom
They're not for wearing, more obsession/status symbol. It's bizarre that girlfriends feel they should wear flat shoes when going out with a short man. It's not as if he's not aware of his height! [Image: OOD-1.jpg]
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales
Monkey see, monkey kill! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I have a new ship Penton or is it Wilney...

The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally
(07-26-2014, 03:27 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Monkey see, monkey kill! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I have a new ship Penton or is it Wilney...

Possibly the best thing they've done in a long time!

(07-26-2014, 04:31 AM)devilbk Wrote: Possibly the best thing they've done in a long time!

One wonders if this will cause problems for Penny's new career. (Though it will give Leonard something else to show strangers.)
[Image: 256279d4263a483946507f.jpg]Okay, here's another plot anomaly, in the beginning Penny was a very popular young woman, who spent all her free time; dancing, watching football, going to parties. What happened to her great social life, and all her friends? I know Leonard is embarrassing, pretending to like football,etc, but that's not her fault! [Image: NEb1.jpg] [Image: The-Dumpling-Paradox-The-Big-Bang-Theory.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Trust No One
Look at all the friends Penny had in the early days. These days whenever they have a 'party' it's just the cast. It makes for such an artificial environment.
(09-16-2014, 12:22 AM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: [Image: 256279d4263a483946507f.jpg]Okay, here's another plot anomaly, in the beginning Penny was a very popular young woman, who spent all her free time; dancing, watching football, going to parties. What happened to her great social life, and all her friends? I know Leonard is embarrassing, pretending to like football,etc, but that's not her fault! [Image: NEb1.jpg] [Image: The-Dumpling-Paradox-The-Big-Bang-Theory.jpg]

This all goes back to the fact that Leonard and the Lenny cannot compete. Whether it is the Shenny or Penny's friends, Leonard cannot compete so everything else has to go away.
Yes I remember it as Leonard couldn't even stand to have Penny's ex boyfriend at her party(even though she invited him). And it was Leonard who started the unpleasantness. Maybe her friends couldn't tolerate the manipulative homunculus. Homo Homunclous! [Image: tumblr_lyowdxRA2P1qbj5bfo1_250.gif]
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Gamma
I'm noticing more, the range of expressions that Kaley uses for Penny. It's very obvious what she's thinking/feeling! [Image: penny-s-reaction-face-o.gif] [Image: measuring-cup-wine.gif] [Image: giphy.gif]
The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Gamma, queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant
So I'm having a hard time with TOTB's declaration that Penny could never be an actress, yet they feel she has all the qualifications for a RX Sales Rep job (which in the LA area would start around 85,000 a year)

Description: Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Job Purpose: Serves customers by selling pharmaceutical products; meeting customer needs.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Job Duties:
* Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
* Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
* Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
* Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
* Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
* Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
*!Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
* Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Motivation for Sales, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships.

Education: While there are no specific educational requirements to become a pharmaceutical sales representative, most of these professionals hold a four-year bachelor’s degree. Many have science backgrounds, which help them to understand new products and to communicate effectively with health care professionals. Aspiring reps should therefore take some coursework in biology, chemistry and statistics. Business training is also desirable to sharpen sales and negotiation skills.
Representatives who hold graduate degrees in business or the life sciences are especially attractive to employers. To apply to graduate school, candidates must earn a four-year degree from an accredited institution and achieve a high score on the Graduate Records Examination (for science programs) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (for business programs).

Training: Most pharmaceutical companies provide on-the-job training to new sales reps as well as tuition reimbursement for ongoing coursework in pharmacology and the life sciences. PSRs are expected to engage in rigorous continuing education throughout their careers.

Oh yeah, now I see it Sarcasm

I wonder how many episodes will go by before they fire her and she realizes once again all she has left is to become the breeder to Leonard's smart & beautiful children
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Yes. I'm willing to suspend a lot of disbelief for a sitcom, but this is wildly unrealistic. One gal I knew with that job had a bachelor's in chemistry.

It might've been a step up from the CCF if she became, say, a receptionist at a salon, or maybe a salesperson at an upscale department store. At least she wouldn't have to handle food. And even then, there would be applicants with more varied retail experience. The job market is tough.

Or maybe she could go into business for herself, like with the Penny blossoms, start selling things on Etsy, something like that. Sometimes a huge success story can start with something very simple.

Jobs/money are one area where TPTB seem very out of touch: the idea that the guys make relatively little $$$, the fact that Penny can afford that apartment in the first place, etc.

Personally, I think L&S live this college-guy sort of lifestyle because they enjoy it, not because they have to. Aside from paying off student loans, which can be considerable, they prob. both have plenty of savings and investments.

You've all heard my tirade about the idea that H makes no money and lives off B, so I won't go there again....

Is this new twist really better than letting Penny succeed at acting? I dunno. Seems kind of sudden and random.