Season 7 Ratings
Well now, isn't THIS a fascinating topic!

[Image: tumblr_m4fz43qaEC1rwv6h5o1_250.jpg]

Browsing through the U.S Neilsen Ratings on Wikipedia, I came upon the rather horrifying bit of news that it seems, far from us being Elitist Miserable Bastards (EMB's), we might actually be Populist Miserable Bastards. Because most of the highest rated episodes appear to be our favourites (sorry, our "least despised")...What has gone WRONG here exactly?
A good fellow I know has informed me that the 18-49 Demo ratings are the only ones that matter to the Mr Moneybags amongst the TVlanders, but as that demographic ignores the opinions of about a third of my friends in "real life" and about a quarter of the folk on this board (for example the enfant terrible Witchdoctor Fantastic) then don't bother your arses too much about them...

Episode “Real Time”/ Total /(18-49 demo)

Hofstadter 18.99 /24.16/ 7.8
Deception 20.44 /26.14/ 8.6
Scavenger 18.22 /23.70 /7.6
Raiders 17.64 /23.23 /7.7
Workplace 17.80 /22.90 /7.5
Romance 16.98 /22.97 /7.9
Proton 16.89 /22.48 /7.5
Itchy 18.30 /23.34 /7.6
Thanksgiv. 18.94 / 24.95/ 7.9
Discovery 15.63 /20.81 /7.1
Cooper 17.68 /23.44 /7.6
Hesitation 19.20 / 24.75 /7.9
Occupation 20.35 / 25.28 /8.0
Convention 19.05 / 24.75 / 7.7
Locomotive 17.53 /24.02/ 8.0
Table 17.73 /?

Yes I know that all looks like a pig's breakfast, but I can't get the bloody formatting to transfer...or to paraphrase Sheldon, I can but I don't want to.

The point is, for all the Shenny folk, that the Top Six (thus far!) includes 3 of the sole 4 Shenny advertised episodes (I don't know why the fuck Scavenger isn't higher rated...it was possibly the best of the season...) and for the Nostalgics, the remaining 3 contained Zack Johnson and Darth Vader. (I can't answer for Hesitation Ramification's ratings...other than it had Penny proposing, and Sheldon dropping his trousers. AGAIN.)

So there you go. You can choose whether to be distraught or delighted by this. Or completely ambivalent. Knock yourselves out.

(not literally)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, muaaimoi
What was the episode after thanksgiving? that is a significant drop....

now i have to do some research cuz i don't remember watching half these episodes.Undecided I shall go to the main site and report back

Edit: the Discovery episode was the one where Sheldon is ashamed that he mistakenly was successful. I did NOT watch that one, or the itchy sweater one....
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
I am the only person who LIKES that damn episode...or rather, I found it INTERESTING....Pajamas even let me do a feature on it...(sniff)

http://www.shennyhq.com/#!the-discovery-...ation/cikw

And I actually thought Itchy Sweater was quite brilliant....in a terribly black-humoured way. I thought you people would have enjoyed it....it was HORRIBLE to Leonard. Galecki also got to ACT for once, which I'm sure the poor chap enjoyed. It was very amusing. They really give him fuckall to do usually, other than look exasperated...

EDIT - Re, Dissipation....I might just like Wil Wheaton and model train sets.....
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-02-2014, 09:17 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: I am the only person who LIKES that damn episode...or rather, I found it INTERESTING....Pajamas even let me do a feature on it...(sniff)

And I actually thought Itchy Sweater was quite brilliant....in a terribly black-humoured way. I thought you people would have enjoyed it....it was HORRIBLE to Leonard. Galecki also got to ACT for once, which I'm sure the poor chap enjoyed. It was very amusing. They really give him fuckall to do usually, other than look exasperated...

EDIT - Re, Dissipation....I might just like Wil Wheaton and model train sets.....

The page for the discovery episode is beautiful Big Grin. But i still missed it. and Itchy sweater......
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35
(03-02-2014, 09:22 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: The page for the discovery episode is beautiful Big Grin. But i still missed it. and Itchy sweater......

Pajamas is responsible for all the beauty on THIS site...don't involve me in that hippy nonsense! I just do words.

I was thinking perhaps we could have a Season 5,6,7 Recommendation thread, to spare folk accidentally stumbling into the sticky fronds of a relationship episode. There's about 5 episodes from each season that I'd recommend to my fellow Vintagers.

Think you all what of this? (words me do goodwise. My job it is.)
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35
an episode recommendation thread is cool with me. my knowledge of any of the episodes post season 3, is shotty at best. I don't think I've seen any of season 5....
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-02-2014, 09:17 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: I am the only person who LIKES that damn episode...or rather, I found it INTERESTING....Pajamas even let me do a feature on it...(sniff)

I rather liked Itchy Sweater. Sheldon was very Sheldon and Leonard was very IC too. I know there were many complaints that Sheldon was being mean to Leonard on the other site, but ultimately Leonard was his own worst enemy. It was fun to watch.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 4 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, Jislane35, CassandraElise
Watching Season 5 is like being caught inside the pantaloons of a cut-price sideshow clown...It's incredibly vaudevillian. But in a Minstrel fashion, not early Buster Keaton....
Also, I'm not sure what the otherwise marvelously subtle actor Parsons thought he was doing with Sheldon, or what the wardrobe department thought they were doing with Sheldon's hair, but both of them should have been smacked with a wet lettuce.

Alright so. I'll set up a recommendation/warning thread. Er, soon....(later).
Thanks for looking into this Gripe. I am confused by anything beyond wiki and didn't know about the demo significance. From those numbers it's still Lenny and Shenny stories that pull in the big crowds. It will be interesting to list it in order, once the season ends.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
The major demo listed is not from TV alone, those are way too high for TV. Maybe it's TV and DVR viewers combined.
The major demo is the only thing CBS cares about because, the major demo is the one advertisers pay attention to and will buy commercials on the network. Meaning = tons of money.
Over all viewers number is basically meaningless. If TBBT only had 10 million views but still was getting a 5.0 in the demo, it would still be considered a huge hit.

Season 6 average in the major demo after 16 episode was 5.36
Season 7 average in the major demo after 16 episode is 5.25

The major demo dropped some this season but lets be real, it's still a smash.
The following 2 users Like taffinabean's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi