Sheldor the Conqueror
Really like this picture of Sheldon. He doesn't look like an annoying squeeeeing man-child we ended up with. How they ruined his character by making such a mess of him.

[Image: aabf82e11d1f8db3baf53ab1f365a274]
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
So today, I went looking into Reddit for some reason, although I don't know why. After my venture into Reddit, I decided to come here.

Sheldon, on Reddit and everywhere else, is called names. Repeatedly degraded, and several state that he doesn't have friends, that Howard and Raj for example are Leonard's friends rather than Sheldon's friends. I always felt like Sheldon is lovable, and innocent. I know he's changed. but Sheldon was amazing in the early years, and they were all friends in the early years. I just don't understand how no one notices the negative changes in Sheldon.

However, that doesn't make sense. in the early seasons, there were plenty of times that Sheldon hung out with Raj or Howard without Leonard. There have been times even in the later seasons where the boys hang out with Sheldon.

Hell, Raj wouldn't have a job without Sheldon. How can anyone say that Raj is not Sheldon's friend, given that he wouldn't be in the country without him? What about the times that Raj and Sheldon spent without the others?

Howard has asked for Sheldon's help (in addition to the other two) several times. Howard considered Sheldon important enough that the FBI asked him questions about Howard for his security clearance...mind you, Sheldon told the truth and messed that up, but at least Howard considered him enough of a friend to ask. Howard also just recently went out with just Sheldon to set off model rockets, if they weren't friends, why spend time alone with him?

And what about Bernadette? He made a specifically altered Dungeons and Dragons game for her, and she actually liked it. She clearly knows how to work with Sheldon, and clearly cares somewhat for him. He helped her and cared for her on a night when everyone else left her alone.

And what about Penny? He clearly has a friendship with Penny. He's helped her out multiple times, and she's helped him. They have a give and take relationship that works. She has spent a lot of time and energy in understanding Sheldon, and working with him. She goes to him for help. They spend a lot of time alone just talking and relating to each other. Something that doesn't happen with the Lenny. No one will ever convince me that she feels that she has to deal with him because of Leonard. She clearly wants to be around him.

Honestly, if anyone should declare they are not friends, it should be Sheldon because they don't deserve to have him as a friend.

This is the man who helps you without question. This is the man who defends his friend's right to the things they like (i.e. the time machine). This is the man who saves the damsel in distress even if it makes him uncomfortable. This is the man that likes to be alone, and yet, never has an issue with all of the people that spend a lot of time in his apartment.

Also, on that note, it is HIS apartment, which means that if anyone didn't want to hang out with him, all they have to do is go elsewhere. I was always angry when Leonard told him he had to leave the apartment so he can have a date...If you live with a roommate, then you have accept that you might not get your apartment to yourself...deal with it.

Anyway, I am done for now. What do you guys think?
The following 3 users Like Jenger's post:
  • CTR69, Idle Miscreant, CassandraElise
You're right, this is just another case how we see things differently from the rest.

Sheldon went beyond the call of duty many times, to help and save his friends, when it really mattered. Sure he can be a dick, when people bother him with useless banter and the least important things, but when it counts, he will always be there for all of them, despite them showing no gratitude ever:
-Helped Raj from being deported
-Helped Howard cover up the Mars rover incident, gave his daughter the scolarship money
-Saved Leonard's life with the rocket fuel incident
-Helped Penny on many occasions, including money and injury
-Helped Amy dealing with her deranged mother

These people would all end up dead, deported, broke or in prison, if it wasn't for Sheldon and his selfless actions. So what have others do for him? Arranged him a fake GF? Yeah, thanks for that.
He should let that fuel bomb go off and be with Penny. Because she's the only person who showed real gratitude for him being in her life.

But I understand people, if they're fed up with Sheldon's behavior. He was really turned into an idiot these last few seasons.
The following 2 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jenger
I completely agree with you. Sheldon is there whenever they truly need him, but they are never there for him.

I can't believe there are people out there who think he's the one that's the problem. At least at the beginning.

I understand that now, it's a little different because he's an idiot that can survive on his own...but he did survive before on his own. And yes, he should have let them all suffer without his help.

Especially the boys after what happened in the Arctic. Hey, does anyone know if it were to come to light when they did years after they happened, would they still get in trouble?
I don't think reddit page of TBBT is as anti-Sheldon. Many people laugh at Sheldon's classic jokes and not get butthurt by him. I am on the sub-reddit for Big Bang Theory and they actually crib about ALL characters equally. I found a lot of hatred for Amy, Bernadette and Raj lately. Especially Bernadette who is considered an evil bitch. Plenty of people there also wonder why Leonard and Penny are together and find them VERY boring. It is a popular opinion that they are sad and toxic couple- very few disagree with that. The only thing I disagree is that there are some misogynistic comments about Penny and how Leonard can do better than her, but thats about it.

The common opinion popping up seems to be that Amy and Bernadette ruined the show. If you look at some other threads they consider Bath Item Gift Hypothesis , Adhesive Duck Deficiency and many of the early seasons episodes as some of the best of TBBT . Recently many people ranked season 2 or 3 as the best season on a thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigbangtheory/c...t_what_do/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigbangtheory/c..._episodes/

If you look at the 9.02, Separation Oscillation thread, the top rated comment is about how hot the shenny kiss was:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigbangtheory/c...cillation/

Another thread recently was about the Shenny kiss being hotter than Shamy kiss . And there really aren't that many arguments about "ships" or people getting defensive over Shenny. I don't think they hate the main pairings, just that they are un-enthused by them and indifferent to them . The sub-reddit is dead anyway and not that active. But it is not ship-oriented. They are just watching what is fed to them.
I never said anything about the Ships because Reddit is very anti-ship, people on Reddit don't really focus on the ships.

However, I clicked on a few of the last couple of days threads ->although not the episode threads because they are too long, and the ones involving Sheldon, all started off as 'Why is everyone mean, he's so lovable' and devolve into calling him names and saying he doesn't deserve friends. I didn't look into rating the seasons because people always make the list, but there's no discussion...I like Discussion.

Also, again, I'm not focusing on Shenny here. This is the Sheldon thread, I was talking about him, and how great he used to be. The man who risked prison to help Howard when he brought a date to the Mars Rover lab, the man who found a job for Raj to stay in the country even though Raj had helped destroyed his experiment, the man who risked his life to save Leonard when he played around with rocket fuel in his apartment instead of a lab, the man who risked a car crash -> since he's bad at driving, just to save Penny someone he pretended to be barely friends with, the man who gave his manipulator, Amy, a bath despite his aversion to germs simply because he had an obligation, but also because he did somewhat care, the man who built a dungeons and dragons scenerio and had other things just for Bernadette who couldn't enjoy the night out that her husband left her for, the man who gave a percent of his earnings to their daughter despite the fact that Howard and Bernadette act harshly towards him sometimes...because he wanted their daughter to have a future.

Sheldon is an amazing man underneath it all, and every time someone says something nice about it in a thread on Reddit and other places, they get shot down. Even one of the threads I read, the OP came back and said, "Okay, maybe he's not lovable".

I was just upset about it, and I really want to focus on the amazing Sheldon, not the bad. He was difficult in the first few years, but he was a good guy underneath and he cared...even if it came out the wrong way.

EDIT: I didn't see complaining about any of the other characters, aside from the one thread about the LENNY being unequal due to Penny.
The following 1 user Likes Jenger's post:
  • CTR69
(12-24-2017, 04:06 PM)chaotic temptation Wrote: I don't think reddit page of TBBT is as anti-Sheldon. Many people laugh at Sheldon's classic jokes and not get butthurt by him.   I am on the sub-reddit for Big Bang Theory and they actually crib about ALL characters equally. I found a lot of hatred for Amy, Bernadette and Raj lately. Especially Bernadette who is considered an evil bitch. Plenty of people there also wonder why Leonard and Penny are together and find them VERY boring. It is a popular opinion that they are sad and toxic couple- very few disagree with that. The only thing I disagree is that there are some misogynistic comments about Penny and how Leonard can do better than her, but thats about it.

The common opinion popping up seems to be that Amy and Bernadette ruined the show. If you look at some other threads they consider Bath Item Gift Hypothesis , Adhesive Duck Deficiency and many of the early seasons episodes as some of the best of TBBT . Recently many people ranked season 2 or 3 as the best season on a thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigbangtheory/c...t_what_do/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigbangtheory/c..._episodes/

If you look at the 9.02, Separation Oscillation thread, the top rated comment is about how hot the shenny kiss was:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigbangtheory/c...cillation/

Another thread recently was about the Shenny kiss being hotter than Shamy kiss . And there really aren't that many arguments about "ships" or people getting defensive over Shenny. I don't think they hate the main pairings, just that they are un-enthused by them and indifferent to them . The sub-reddit is dead anyway and not that active. But it is not ship-oriented. They are just watching what is fed to them.
I think it's entirely accurate to say that Amy and Bernadette ruined the show. Amy ruined Vintage Sheldon. Bernadette ruined Vintage Howard. I would add that Leonard ruined Vintage Penny. The show went from great to unwatchable. cry
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I am curious.

Do you consider Sheldon a bully?

I know that we talk about how everyone on the show mocks everyone else now-a-days, but I am curious, at what point does it become bullying? Does Leonard bully Sheldon? Does Penny bully Leonard or vice versa? I'm just curious at what point do the comments become bullying?
(01-11-2018, 09:44 AM)Jenger Wrote: I wasn't sure where to put this, but I am curious.  

Do you consider Sheldon a bully?  

I know that we talk about how everyone on the show mocks everyone else now-a-days, but I am curious, at what point does it become bullying?  Does Leonard bully Sheldon?  Does Penny bully Leonard or vice versa?  I'm just curious at what point do the comments become bullying?

This is a question I've been considering lately. I think people especially children tend to bully those who are different. I think in the past people who were physically developed tended to bully those who were intellect focused. But I wonder if that's shifting. 

There was an episode where I think they mock Zack, and bully him to some degree, and for the reasons Penny gives at the end, I also thought that tech heads wouldn't resort to bullying. I'm still thinking about this. But I wonder if any group will mock or bully someone who is different.

The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jela
(09-10-2018, 11:12 PM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: There was an episode where I think they mock Zack, and bully him to some degree, and for the reasons Penny gives at the end, I also thought that tech heads wouldn't resort to bullying. I'm still thinking about this. But I wonder if any group will mock or bully someone who is different.

No doubt. Doesn't matter, tech heads or jocks. When pack mentality takes over, all bets are off.