The ever expanding BANG.
I think (oh woe, oh sigh) that Season 11 will be AMY , getting cold feet because she's not ready for marriage or she gets insecure about Ramona or SOMETHING, and we will have the truly icky spectacle of Sheldon wooing Amy back, in as OTT ways that he can, because 1) comedy and 2) because no one knows what to do with a couple once they get together. 
And this will prove to all Shamy fans that Sheldon and Amy are Twoo Luv and they will live happily ever after.  Sarcasm

Season 12 will be the SHAMY wedding  cry 

Oh gag.
The following 2 users Like Melvin's post:
  • Toad, Nutz
(05-21-2017, 04:34 PM)Melvin Wrote: I think (oh woe, oh sigh) that Season 11 will be AMY , getting cold feet because she's not ready for marriage or she gets insecure about Ramona or SOMETHING, and we will have the truly icky spectacle of Sheldon wooing Amy back, in as OTT ways that he can, because 1) comedy and 2) because no one knows what to do with a couple once they get together.
And this will prove to all Shamy fans that Sheldon and Amy are Twoo Luv and they will live happily ever after. Sarcasm

Season 12 will be the SHAMY wedding cry

Oh gag.

First of all, welcome to HQ Melvin, great to have you with us.

Totally agree that Amy will say NO because they'll want a few false starts before Sheldon 'learns' he has to give her the fan fiction romantic proposal she's always wanted. It seems the audience want to see this too. Sheldon being taken down a peg is a staple of the show. The thing that breaks my heart is how they have every other character pushing Sheldon in the same direction. The last episode really got me riled up. I know its just a silly comedy so I need to take a step back but the message !!! Did you see it?
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Melvin
(05-21-2017, 05:06 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: First of all, welcome to HQ Melvin, great to have you with us.

Totally agree that Amy will say NO because they'll want a few false starts before Sheldon 'learns' he has to give her the fan fiction romantic proposal she's always wanted. It seems the audience want to see this too. Sheldon being taken down a peg is a staple of the show. The thing that breaks my heart is how they have every other character pushing Sheldon in the same direction. The last episode really got me riled up. I know its just a silly comedy so I need to take a step back but the message !!! Did you see it?
Fan fiction romantic proposal  Puke

I saw the season finale and I hated it! That whole episode was a complete mess. Sheldon being insecure about Amy, his friends trying to 'protect' him from Ramona - it was such a far cry from the alpha-male that Sheldon used to be. Once upon a time, he was the most confident, the most accomplished and the acknowledged genius of the group. Now we have everyone trying to give him relationship pointers, and trying to protect him from Ramona's wiles. Remember when Ramona first came on the scene, everyone was horrified/shocked/amused at Sheldon's obliviousness but they didn't interfere as much as they did. Okay, mostly it was trying to take Sheldon down a peg by letting him make his own mistakes, but that itself showed that he was in a league of his own. Now it's like oh no, Sheldon doesn't know what he is doing; or Ramona is going to deuce him fro- , I mean to the Dark Side... as if he is complete dimwit.

That episode where he was eating Amy's oatmeal and telling her that he had become completely dependent on her - I was horrified. Can you imagine the Sheldon from the first five seasons saying that??? 

And people like this stuff? Why???
The following 6 users Like Melvin's post:
  • Toad, CTR69, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, Ratman77
It is suggested that Ramona will come back in Season 11, Riki should appear in couple more eps. Fingers crossed, I want more of them together. 
Cmon, reach with your left hand and comb her strands, she kisses you and lays on top, while the hag is calling you on skype. Shemona  Heart
[Image: sheldon-and-ramona-the-big-bang-theory-s10e24.jpg]
The following 2 users Like CTR69's post:
  • shennyari, Ratman77
(05-21-2017, 07:45 PM)Melvin Wrote: Fan fiction romantic proposal  Puke

I saw the season finale and I hated it! That whole episode was a complete mess. Sheldon being insecure about Amy, his friends trying to 'protect' him from Ramona - it was such a far cry from the alpha-male that Sheldon used to be. Once upon a time, he was the most confident, the most accomplished and the acknowledged genius of the group. Now we have everyone trying to give him relationship pointers, and trying to protect him from Ramona's wiles. Remember when Ramona first came on the scene, everyone was horrified/shocked/amused at Sheldon's obliviousness but they didn't interfere as much as they did. Okay, mostly it was trying to take Sheldon down a peg by letting him make his own mistakes, but that itself showed that he was in a league of his own. Now it's like oh no, Sheldon doesn't know what he is doing; or Ramona is going to deuce him fro- , I mean to the Dark Side... as if he is complete dimwit.

That episode where he was eating Amy's oatmeal and telling her that he had become completely dependent on her - I was horrified. Can you imagine the Sheldon from the first five seasons saying that??? 

And people like this stuff? Why???

The dependancy line was on the nose even if it was done for Amy to get a laugh. And NO he would never have said that, in the past. He would never want that. I agree that the episode felt like a mess. The way all the characters were compliant in Amy's long-distance manipulation annoying the hell out of me.  Sheldon isn't allowed to spend time with outside females now? He had Dr Plimpton stay in the early years and it was leonard who had sex with her. The overbearing protectiveness was not normal! And they all think Sheldon is the crazy one.

CTR - so we have a Shemona shipper? Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Melvin, Ratman77
Oh definitely. After they get together in the finale, she makes his dreams a reality, by taking him to CERN through the summer and together, they accomplish several breakthroughs in particle physics. Ramona is the key to Sheldon's Nobel and they share credit for it.

Leonard also gets a position in CERN, thanks to Sheldon's good nature. Although it was his affection for Penny, that made him arrange another position at his workplace for Leonard. Sheldon remains in Penny's debt for encouraging him to break up with Amy and follow Ramona to Switzerland, in that couch scene they had. Penny will always remain someone special to him, no one can change that. But unlike the jelly hag, Ramona understands that and trusts him completely. 

After Sheldon returns the favor in life-altering decision, Penny bravely takes the leap of faith and gets a position in Merck.
Dream apartments overlooking the Geneva lake and doing what they all love the most, that's something I'd love to happen to these characters. Their potential without Amy is infinite and all it took was one ep with Ramona.

We're dreamers Big Grin

Riki and Kate should become regulars on the show, they're hilarious as Garfunkel and Oates.
The following 4 users Like CTR69's post:
  • shennyari, Melvin, chaotic temptation, Ratman77
(05-22-2017, 04:03 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Oh definitely. After they get together in the finale, she makes his dreams a reality, by taking him to CERN through the summer and together, they accomplish several breakthroughs in particle physics. Ramona is the key to Sheldon's Nobel and they share credit for it.

Leonard also gets a position in CERN, thanks to Sheldon's good nature. Although it was his affection for Penny, that made him arrange another position at his workplace for Leonard. Sheldon remains in Penny's debt for encouraging him to break up with Amy and follow Ramona to Switzerland, in that couch scene they had. Penny will always remain someone special to him, no one can change that. But unlike the jelly hag, Ramona understands that and trusts him completely. 

After Sheldon returns the favor in life-altering decision, Penny bravely takes the leap of faith and gets a position in Merck. Dream apartments overlooking the Geneva lake and doing what they all love the most, that's something I'd love to happen to these characters. Their potential without Amy is infinite and all it took was one ep with Ramona.

We're dreamers Big Grin

Riki and Kate should become regulars on the show, they're hilarious as Garfunkel and Oates.

You know I could get behind this Smile

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I could become a Shamona shipper, although the Shenny is what is nearest and dearest to my heart. Anything but Shamy. Or Lenny for that matter...

In fact, in the above scenario, I would rather not have Leonard at all. Maybe once Sheldon gets together with Ramona, everyone in the group shuns him for dissing the almighty Amy, except Penny, who meets him secretly and, because she is still brainwashed, to convince him to get back with Amy. But seeing how happy he is, she is forced to evaluate her life and realizes that she is not happy either. And when she ultimately breaks up with Leonard and is forced to leave everything, it is Sheldon who gets her the new job. And maybe, Raj might follow her and maybe we could have a Penny-Raj relationship. That would be really something.... a Penny who gets her mojo back, a Sheldon who rediscovers who he is... I wonder if I should continue watching BBT - my dislike for Amy and Leonard is beginning to affect my viewing of the earlier seasons  Undecided
The following 1 user Likes Melvin's post:
  • Ratman77
Hi Melvin, I still hang out here, and I haven't watched an episode since the elevator blew up. (The Abomination made my skin crawl in the promo, that was quite enough.)

I think we all just want Sheldon and Penny away and free of their tormentors now, in whatever form. Watching the toxic disaster presented as 'funny' or 'romantic' in any way is distressing.
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Melvin, chaotic temptation, Ratman77
At first also from me a a fat and warm HELLO to Melvin.
Fine that you are here and that our family is-despite all circumstances- still growing. Smile I can imagine that your antipathy towards certain figures affects your view of the earlier seasons. But I can assure you that this will not develop into the negative direction. How longer it continues like now, how more you will learn to honor the previous times.

It is like the Batman-movies. When the film by Tim Burton came out at 1989 it was for me dark, orginal* and ambitiously* (*Like the first seasons of TBBT). But this view changed when I saw Batman & Robin which was the purest crap and defaced the character that there was not longer only a little bit of similarity. The orginal-movie changed for me from orginal and ambitiously to an epic masterpiece which level was never reached.

What you've written....

(In fact, in the above scenario, I would rather not have Leonard at all. Maybe once Sheldon gets together with Ramona, everyone in the group shuns him for dissing the almighty Amy, except Penny, who meets him secretly and, because she is still brainwashed, to convince him to get back with Amy. But seeing how happy he is, she is forced to evaluate her life and realizes that she is not happy either. And when she ultimately breaks up with Leonard and is forced to leave everything, it is Sheldon who gets her the new job.)

......would be the Batman begins of TBBT. A complete newstart and a detour into another direction. And that woud be necessary because like Batman & Robin the "Shamy"-and "Lenny"-stuffs driven the series to the wall. This turn, which you described could bring the show again nearer to the roots which can only be a profit......(and where are again chances for the Shenny Big Grin  to come true).  Let us together hope, that the creators and writers reflect and remember what the show once made great.

[Image: shenny_by_skyla_258-d4zhozi.png]
Heart Soft Kitty Blossom

Hope see you later.

To CTR69s post: You wrote that we are dreamers. I would say that we are more analysts. We see the things on the show and recognize immediately which possibilities would be offered to make again the characters credible and the show better.

And there is an interesting parallel. Are the questions "What could be" and "What happened if" not the drives of science? Some day people asked themselfes "What could be if we could transfer blood from one human to another?" What could be if everey human could have electric energy at home? What coud be if everyone could have a device with wich he/she could talk to a person who is at a very different place?"

And than this people started to work so long as the imagination had become reality.
Our dilemma: We have no opportunity to take influence to make thinks (the characters/the show) better. Thats hard (although I am convinced that the creaters of the show know this site) but does not change our thoughts about the show and Shenny are important and right.

"Some people see things as they are, and ask," Why? "I dream of things that have never existed, and ask," Why not? "
                        G.B. Shaw

So, from this point of view, I would say that we are analysts.

Emotional scientists.

P.S.:
In general:
We know it from the "Shamys" and "Lennys". If there is only one little scene which could scratch on their ships

[Image: tumblr_inline_mn9y5zmUOJ1qz4rgp.gif?resize=500%2C259]

But-my opinnion- if this canons should be "sacrificed" Sarcasm to rescue the show.....

[Image: tumblr_ohr0jqWF901vjdt8po1_400.gif]
Big Grin
The following 5 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • CTR69, Idle Miscreant, chaotic temptation, Tuesday Pajamas, Melvin
Hi everyone,
I can't figure out which thread is better suited to introducing myself, so I decided to land here. First of all, I'm so happy that I have discovered this place! I started watching BBT couple months ago (I blame Delta, because they had three BBT episodes in their in-flight entertainment, and that led to my current predicament; although it wasn't even good episodes, it was S10 episodes, so I should probably share the blame).
Anyway, I had binge-watched the show in several weeks and it was like meeting someone, falling in love, and then watching your loved one develop Alzheimer's. It left me feeling so sad, but even more baffled, because I couldn't understand why the showrunners would do such awful things to their own creation. I went online, because I couldn't believe that the viewers would not object to the things happening in the later seasons, but apparently people love it! It is mind-boggling!
I understand that I may be biased, because I work in academia, and most of the people I know are pretty much like the ones we see in the show (well, in the early seasons, at least), but my biggest issue is with Amy. She is not a valid representation of women in science, nor is she a "female version of Jim Parsons", she is a mean and ugly caricature of either. I understand that money is money, but I honestly don't know how the actress who plays Amy deals with it considering that she apparently has a scientific background herself. It is so infuriating that the producers (I think it was Molaro) do not even understand how offensive it is when they say that while Sheldon and Amy both missed a whole lot of "normal" experiences in life, the difference between them is that he is fine with that, but she is eager to make up for it (I'm paraphrasing because I don't want to look it up, it makes me too angry). Which means they think that while a man can be interested and happy and satisfied with something other than dating, getting married and having babies, a woman can only pretend to be until she has a chance to "get a life", and then she apparently turns into this frightening creature that is Amy?
I remember when I first heard about BBT, it was from one of PhD students in our department who was obsessed with it and kept repeating that everyone who works in academia should watch it. It was about eight years ago; I doubt she would say that about current version of the show. Which is sad, because the idea had so much potential.
But anyway, as I said, I started reading discussion boards, and it turns out, people love Amy, they think she is lovely and beautiful and a sweetheart (that made me think that something is wrong with my TV or with me, because I totally don't see that), and they love "Shamy", which is probably one of the saddest and creepiest pairings in TV history. I turned to fan fiction, and at least that didn't disappoint, because most of the fics seem to be about Sheldon/Penny. But if fanfic writers can see that, why cannot show writers? Why on "Friends" (that ended more than ten years ago), Joey was allowed to stay single until the end of the run, and Ross and Rachel were allowed to have an oops baby and not get married, and that was a show about "regular" people? Why the show about outstanding, exceptional scientist(s) does not allow him to do anything interesting? I can understand lazy writing and poor plotlines every once in a while, like with the can opener (which was completely unbelievable: if someone tampered with my results and let me publish it? I wouldn't still be friends with those people, I might let them live but only if I couldn't figure out where to hide the bodies), I can sort of gloss over it and pretend it didn't happen. But when the writers systematically destroy the characters that were the reason of the show's success in the first place?
As I understand, there will be at least two more seasons of BBT, and despite the fact that the ratings seem to be declining, they are still the highest on TV (right?), so it is unlikely that the writers will try to change anything. I couldn't bring myself to watch two last S10 episodes, and I don't want to watch the next seasons if the show continues to translate the message that people cannot have any aspirations in life besides being married and boring.

(Sorry about the long post and abuse of English language!)
The following 11 users Like Shelatte's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, wellplayedpenny, Jela, chaotic temptation, Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, SpaceAnJL, Gamma, Melvin, Ratman77