SPOILER WARNING: Shenny : Season 10
First Shenny scene this Season...

[Image: tumblr_oe6kkahZTh1s6fovto1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oe6kkahZTh1s6fovto2_r1_1280.png]

Sheldon thinks they are in sync over their troubles with their friends.

He also apologizes but then he's been apologizing to Penny since Season 1. (yet all that gets credited to Amy Sad by those with shorter memories)
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz, Idle Miscreant, Ratman77, shennyari
[Image: Csc5rClVYAAJNNQ.jpg]
Season One
[Image: Csc9JwHUAAE6OfR.jpg]
Season Two...

Even the writers of that "Sheldon apology Tour" episode didn't remember the blighter's apologised before.
And judging by the way Sheldon has been written for the last few years, NOBODY on staff remembers the first four years at all.

I don't remember Sheldon being an imbecile. He was brilliant and eccentric, with social blindness. There's quite a difference.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • CTR69, Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, wellplayedpenny, Ratman77
Ah yes, there's a couple. And the time he asked her to drive him in Euclid using the fact they were "friends" and friends did favours. He apologised because he thought she was praying. Later she boots him out of the car because he's driving her nuts. Big Grin notice how back then we were allowed to call them friends without a quick disclaimer being added!
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
They've ALWAYS had this bond... it's canon that they have one that confounds everyone else... I only say that because a few folks are always under the impression that shenny don't like each other/are not friends/only use each other... when the show itself and recently at that! Has been showing over and over again how close they are. Proving to the canons that they are friends.

But that aside, Sheldon's always done things with Penny, for her, without being told to. From opologizing to even smiling sweetly. It just naturally happens around her. And it goes the other way to, with Penny instantly taking Sheldon's side or being the most tolerant of his most excentric ways... neither do these things because they're supposed to. They want to. They're friends and they love each other. Plain and simple.

(And I'm still stunned that while they've made Leonard much angrier in his attacks on Sheldon even over the smallest thing... or just to make a rude comment... they've stopped that from Penny, they might have her laugh but she doesn't say anything awful to him...)
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
At first they didn't speak the same language at all. Sheldon didn't like Penny's lack of education and thought she was driven by impulse. Penny thought Sheldon was annoying literal and rude. But underneath they were hidden similarities in the way they operated. Sheldon WAS a strong character once, he knew is own mind and so did she. I think the bond developed in spite of their differences and that it was an unexpected to the writers, as to us. There was something that felt very 'real' about Shenny, unlike the cartoon like canon they went with. In comparison, Shamy with always seemed a little too forced, even though the writers worked very hard on Shamy. And Lenny was pretty easy to ignore.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, QueenOfShebaSays, CTR69, Toad, Nutz
Sheldon was the reason I was drawn to the show, Penny was the reason I stuck around. Her response to his oddities was exactly the thing I've always admired in reality; the challenging, pisstaking, yet loving reaction to a thing beyond our ken. Acceptance above all.

Not to MOCK the thing misunderstood, not to demand it CHANGE, but to accept it, if you love the damn thing.
Sheldon and Penny always accepted each other, even to infuriation.

Their relationship was the solitary glory of Big Bang. A unique event surrounded by the usual circumstantial sitcom chaos and charm. It didn't ask for anything, it wasn't selling anything, it just leapt out as a unique event. Bizarre and extraordinary.

When Amy turned up I lost that. She seemed to hate him. She saw him as a cutout "boyfriend" and a substandard one, that she took because she had no other option. His role was reduced to "idiot manchild who doesn't put out", rather than extraordinary, otherworldly genius, flummoxed and annoyed in the land of social ventures.

I don't watch the show now, because I can't stand to see that beautiful character being dragged through the dross.

The writers are exceedingly clever, the owners are sharp, but there is a abyss between what they think is noble and worthy of artistic continuation, and what they are producing.

But again, perhaps this is indeed our own sufferance, forcing itself upon their device. Perhaps they think it poetic? If so, there is nothing else to do than back away and weep, quietly.

Perhaps it is glorious! Perhaps!
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, QueenOfShebaSays, Toad, Nutz, Ratman77
No, sorry, it's just crap.

And I'm not sure the writers *are* particularly clever. A modest talent for cobbling together and recycling generic plots, but there's nothing unique or unpredictable.
Brief Shenny scene from The Military Miniaturization

Still don't get why Jimbo isn't doing Sheldon's voice anymore.

They changed his voice in Season 5 (along with his personality) and have never gone back... *disgruntled sigh*

The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Ratman77
I listened to Jim's voice during a sports podcast, last week, and his voice is much deeper than his Sheldon voice. 

I truly feel like, when they retconned Sheldon, and they explained some things to Jim: Sheldon's mannerisms are different now, he moves differently etc.... when they stopped making him an eccentric genuis and started making him more Steve Urkle/Kramer... he changed his voice. 

I mean would Sheldon seem more normal if Jim just used his own voice even now? Maybe. But I don't think Jim wants Sheldon that close to him. 

The ONLY time he's not sounded weird and "flamboyant" on the show is when they have Sheldon being normal, scavenger hunt he was very normal and chill, etc... last season during Viewing Party he started out sounding annoying but by his final lines his voice was low... but that's literally only because Jim had the flu lol.

Idk. His voice gets annoying as this new Sheldon and his body movements kinda annoy me. He said also more hunched over all the time... which Jim is not.

Maybe Jim really is that good, they dramatically changed Sheldon and so he changed him as well

What am I even talking about.... .
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Ratman77