SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S9
As discussed in the chatbox!! (we may as well be writing this crap) the baby will not emerge until the S10 finale. They will drag it out. Possibly in the hope of getting more seasons and because their biggest stars, Kaley and Jim both don't want to work with children.

http://www.australianetworknews.com/big-...ed-finale/
I knew it! I knew they wouldn't have the baby during the season... And you know... If S10 is the last season, that way they can have a good finale of a baby being born. Then the show ends. Esp if Jim and Kaley don't want to work with kids... That might make them not sign up for S11 (if it goes that route.)
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
They might write out Howard and Bernadette at the end of Season 10 thus avoiding children on the show.
I guess there are a few options... Like what you suggested (that would suck and I feel like worst case scenario) or it ends after S10... Or Jim and Kaley leave... OR they try not to mind a kid on the show for at least a season...
Bitches be crazy. 
I once thought there were too many characters to fit in all the story arcs. Now I guess there are too few story acrs left to play out. I have no interest in seeing Bernadette and Howard's spawn but there might be enough people out there that do. I dunno. They have some big decisions to make.

Ending?
Spin offs?
Carrying on for more cash?
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Toad
PJ, you're right. The tiny little conformist box TPTB have put these characters in does not allow for much creativity.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Toad, Kimk26
"That all stinks, no wonder you got cancelled."

It's funny how BBT caught up on itself like the shows they were making fun of. Karma?
The following 3 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, chaotic temptation
"Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season till we were grateful it ended."

End, already.

I'd be fine with this series going on forever, had they not removed the main characters' defining personality traits...
In sitcom terms, watching Sheldon now is about as discombobulating as if Kramer had a wife and kids, wore beige, knocked politely on Jerry's door, and entered the apartment quietly to discuss his financial portfolio...

I keep waiting for old, brilliant Sheldon to blast his way out from the suburban schmuck/gormless toddler meatsuit he seems to be stuck in.

Somebody send up a Morlock symbol when he returns.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, Kimk26, chaotic temptation
If they could just kill off Amy... All will be freaking fantastic! She's ruined the show. Oh and make Leonard do something so stupid that Penny is single again. You don't even have to make shenny a thing... Just let them interact and be free....
Bitches be crazy. 

DVD cover photo for S9, out in September.
Bitches be crazy.