20.83%
5 20.83%
I'm an Alternative Shipper
4.17%
1 4.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of HQer are you?
I guess I would classify myself as a Shenny shipper first, then a Nostalgic, and then a Sheldon Purist. Although I ship Shenny romantically, I should add the caveat that I never actually want to see them together in a relationship… that is until the series finale of this show. Just increasing sexual tension will do nicely for me, thank you. Like many of you, I believe the Sheldon/ Penny storyline is the best one on this show and together, they are quite simply one of my favorite friendship/relationship couples ever to appear on TV. I will always hold on to the hope that TPTB are simply slow walking the other viewers to an epiphany that many here realized 10 minutes into the pilot. The writers always show us how dysfunctional the canon relationships are - that is for anyone willing to see it - and we have written pages here (and on other sites) chronically all the examples. I guess at its root, TPTB believe that this dysfunction is what provides the comic fodder. After all, this show is supposed to be a comedy, right? Whether their strategy succeeds or not is another matter entirely.

As I see it, the writers have always had a choice - a choice to portray the canons either sweetly or romantically but they rarely do this. The interactions of the main couples usually always carry qualifications. Proposals are either given or accepted not when a person is in a position of strength in his/her life, but rather when they are actually in a position of weakness. Shamy kisses are ones born out of manipulation and frustration, offered because Sheldon quite literally has to and not because he wants to (altogether the opposite advice given to him in The Monster Isolation, wouldn't you say?). In the meantime, the writers continue to build a strong friendship between Sheldon and Penny, one based on better principles than those found in the main relationships. I can't remember which member here said it but he/she was wise to point out that writers usually dream of having the kind of chemistry that exists between Jim and Kaley onscreen in their lead actors. To ignore it over the course of the entire series borders on professional negligence if you ask me. My greatest wish is that the writing, acting, directing, and casting haven't been massive failures these last few seasons and that the reason I don't feel any chemistry between the canon couples is that I was never really meant to in the first place. I don’t presume to know how this show will end, and the writers never promised anyone a happy (and by happy, I mean healthy) ending. My good friend gamma reminded me so wisely once that the writers could just as easily have Sheldon pick up his bongos in the finale and walk the earth (roll credits and fade to black). I guess all I am saying is that, with any luck, hopefully these writers are just dragging me kicking and screaming to exactly where I want to go - Shenny endgame. Angel
The following 3 users Like Satnight815's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, Tuesday Pajamas

Messages In This Thread
What kind of HQer are you? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 02-14-2014, 07:18 PM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by Wisp - 02-14-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by Wisp - 02-14-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by SpaceAnJL - 02-14-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by FranEssi - 02-14-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by Gamma - 02-15-2014, 03:21 AM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by FlyingMonkey - 02-15-2014, 03:25 AM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by Toad - 02-15-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: What kind of HQer are you? - by Berliner - 02-17-2014, 05:20 PM