GAMING ADDICTION.
(12-06-2018, 09:06 AM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: I did play some AC, but it seemed a bit too controlled, and I probably didn't get good enough. I prefer open world, and only do missions when I need to. I started looking into this stuff, because some people were looking to blame school shootings on violent games.

AC is meant to be controlled, considering it was originally meant to be a stealth/assassination game before it got to be more MMO/just out and out fighting rather than actual assassination(The games past the Ezio/Desmond Trilogy fell away from their roots a lot in my opinion) and you were also playing set "memories" of your ancestors. Later games like Origins give you the open world concept by putting you in /directly/ as the ancestor in those times rather than going through the Animus, but that loses a lot in the transition and it's become less AC than "20XX MMO with AC skin" now. The primary reason I liked AC though was the inclusion of the Isu and their mythos. It blew my mind when I first played ACII and you beat up Rodrigo Borgia in the Vault at the Vatican before finding out the whole journey Ezio and Desmond were put on from Day 1.

I tried playing open world a few times, but it inevitably bores me and I have no want or need to try grasping at every "trophy" out there or getting 100% completion. Skyrim(GOTY), for example, I had and played a lot, but just wandering around trying to find things to kill or do bored me to the point I just dropped it. I guess I'm just the opposite of you, I just want to get into the thick of things and if I'm just aimlessly exploring an "open world" I'll get bored and not feel like I'm getting anything out of it.

Messages In This Thread
GAMING ADDICTION. - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-25-2018, 03:42 AM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-25-2018, 03:47 AM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by ricardo shillyshally - 11-26-2018, 03:28 AM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-27-2018, 05:15 PM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by ricardo shillyshally - 12-02-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by Nostalgia - 12-04-2018, 05:27 AM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by ricardo shillyshally - 12-06-2018, 09:06 AM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by Nostalgia - 12-06-2018, 09:56 PM
RE: GAMING ADDICTION. - by ricardo shillyshally - 12-12-2018, 12:01 AM