Hate Lenny?
THIS. So this. I mean, my god. The very fact that he admits in canon, in front of the AUDIENCE and several others that his whole relationship with Penny was built on a house of lies, you would think that people wouldn't like Lenny. But NOOOOOOOOO. Somehow, that very fact escapes every Lenny shipper out there. And when it's brought up, it's waved away, /somehow/. Would you, as a real person/individual, like the fact that someone lied to you about dang near EVERYTHING just to get at whatever's in your pants??? I think not. Relationships need trust and honesty to work or else they crash and burn horribly. Yet due to contrivance by the producers and writers, Lenny manages to survive all freakin' 12 seasons(And we might've had a 13th hadn't Jim finally said "no"). I'm pretty sure if this was an actual real life relationship, Penny would've dumped his butt within the first week of them getting together, if not the first time they had sex(I mean, consider the disparaging remarks she made in the later seasons about his sexual prowess) or the first DAY.

Then there's the fact that he's such a whiny little &%$#@, that everything has to be about him and if it isn't, he'll quickly find a way to make it about him. Heck, he even uses his mommy issues and psychological tricks he picked up from his mother and therapy to trick Penny into sex at one point! Anything and everything is fair game for him in the pursuit of Penny's V. And this guy is "friends" with who exactly? Oh, only a foreigner with selective mutism towards girls yet still desperate for sex, a guy who's just as desperate for V as him but somehow dressed /worse/, and an asexual who's not interested in sex. That basically screams to me that he looked for guys who were just as desperate as himself but worse, to look better and be seen as the 'head' of a group(Even though we all know that's Sheldon). Sheldon being an asexual was just icing on the cake(The actual cake being the apartment), since even though Sheldon is better looking and more interesting to girls, Sheldon isn't interested and as such, no hurdle in his quest for sex.

And then... Then there's the Arctic experiment. Oh boy. This guy has lived with Sheldon for how long again??? And yet it takes only about, what was it, 3 months before he snaps and gets Howard to fake the results? How exactly did he know the electric can opener would work anyways(I confess, if it was explained in the show, I have forgotten)? And that particular can opener too? And then there's the fact that no consequences fell on any of the 3's heads because the writer's made Sheldon fall on his sword and then leave for freaking Texas after he had contacted everyone at Caltech and then finds out the experiment results were faked and his experiment messed up due to forcibly introduced outside factors. That's tampering with another scientist's work, which I imagine, would basically lead to excommunication either by the faculty or by public opinion. Had Sheldon even brought up the fact that they admitted such to his face to his boss, those 3 would've been screwed six ways to Sunday. To make things /worse/, in a later season, it turns out Raj doesn't even have a green card without his work in the US, so Sheldon gives him a job to help him stay in the country even though Raj had screwed him over! And Raj basically thanks him for a minute, then continues to be a jerk in season after season after that.

Plus, there's the North Sea Expedition. Stephen Hawking apparently hires Leonard for it and he hooks up with a girl on the ship even though he's in a relationship with Penny. But hey, he's a sailor now, so a girl in every port, right?! And later on, after they're married when they go to a convention for Penny to sign Serial Ape-ist pictures, he tells a bunch of nerds how he "scored with the hot actress/girl over there" and that they wound up getting married and everything. Even tells them how to manage it themselves. Like, what the heck?! Not cool, man! Plus, we don't need /more/ Leonards in the world! And then there's the fact that he goes after Raj's sister and scores, Leslie and scores, that doctor chick that Howard had a date with and scored with instead, etc... and yet he always messes it up and runs back to Penny and the writers force Penny to take him back ANYWAY.

Leonard is everything wrong with that relationship, is actively detrimental to Penny, and the Lenny ship only lasted this long with all the holes in it due to the writers and producers forcibly shoving it along. How fans actively bought this for 12 seasons, it still boggles the mind.
The following 6 users Like Nostalgia's post:
  • CTR69, devilbk, Jela, Ratman77, Idle Miscreant, CassandraElise

Messages In This Thread
Hate Lenny? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-10-2018, 04:22 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Nostalgia - 08-24-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Ratman77 - 08-25-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by CTR69 - 08-25-2018, 11:07 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Nostalgia - 08-25-2018, 11:31 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by CTR69 - 10-21-2018, 11:02 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Nostalgia - 10-24-2018, 01:06 AM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 10-25-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by CTR69 - 10-27-2018, 02:33 PM