Hate Lenny?
Let me kick this off with something I found which I think sums up why I became a Shenny shipper and never even considered Lenny.

Bad Behavior is OK, If Leonard Does It.
- By Rachael Lefler.

"Oh, Leonard. I wanted to be able to like you, I really did. I mean, you are the obvious hero of the show, right? Destined to get into Penny's panties instead of anyone else, because you're the main character. Always right in an argument, even when you shouldn't be, because you're the main character.

Hey, I get it. I've tolerated lots of douche-ish behavior from main characters before. Harry Potter's father, James, was a bully. In My Little Pony, Twilight Sparkle sometimes seems paranoid, alarmist, and obsessive, and would be so if the plot didn't usually prove to the audience that her hunches were right (like when she accused Cadence of being evil, for example). But when Leonard can get away with things like lying to a long-time friend about Penny just to sabotage the friend's chances with her, or, idk, jeopardizing another long-time friend's entire research career just because you found him a little annoying as a traveling companion? That's a little harder to swallow. I also hate how Leonard is the designated love interest for Penny, when she has greater chemistry with Sheldon, and seems to understand him better than, and have more patience in dealing with him, than anyone else does.

Furthermore, Leonard's personality is not that good. He's whiny, and always focused on himself, even when his friends are having real problems and his are relatively minor. He also whines way, way too much about not getting laid. He also admits in one episode that his entire relationship with Penny was at one time all founded on lie after lie after lie; he admitted to pretending to like things she liked to do, and generally enjoy her company, solely as a deception to get in her cooch. I feel that a relationship should be based on honest communication and a real understanding of each other as well as a real mutuality of beliefs, values, and interests. Even if you don't like the same things as your significant other, you still owe them to be honest about it. For example, I never give my boyfriend the impression that I like baseball, and he never pretended to like anime. Why should the audience of the show be sold on one hand the idea that the Penny/Leonard ship is seaworthy, even romantic or cute, and on the other hand be told that the times they were together almost everything Leonard said to her was a lie so he could have sex with her? I mean, if all that matters to Leonard is sex, why doesn't he just rent it."
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nostalgia, devilbk, Ratman77

Messages In This Thread
Hate Lenny? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-10-2018, 04:22 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Nostalgia - 08-24-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Ratman77 - 08-25-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by CTR69 - 08-25-2018, 11:07 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Nostalgia - 08-25-2018, 11:31 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by CTR69 - 10-21-2018, 11:02 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Nostalgia - 10-24-2018, 01:06 AM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 10-25-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: Hate Lenny? - by CTR69 - 10-27-2018, 02:33 PM