Hate Shamy?
(08-26-2018, 05:41 AM)CTR69 Wrote: There are so many bad messages with Shamy, I don't even know where to begin:
- Extortion into dating
- Viewing asexuality like a curable disease
- Gaslighting disguised as true love
- Stepfording disguised as character growth (turning early-season Sheldon into an obedient, submissive husband with no free will)
- Spreading ones scent over other people's possessions (that alone is worthy of a restraining order)
- Treating your spouse like one of your test subjects
- Arranged dating and marriage (is this show taking place in rural India?)

I mean, considering how many of these things you mentioned(And I'm sure there's more we could all come up with if we brainstorm) are anathema to Hollywood's PR campaign and /especially/ the bit about asexuality considering how much they've tied themselves to LGBT+ groups and campaigns and are trying to be more inclusive...well, I don't know /why/ there isn't any backlash* over the various themes and messages the show puts out on a regular basis considering the times of today** and the reactions to people like Harvey Weinstein, the Louis C.K. stuff(Check out the recent flare up), the (relatively minor in comparison) disastrous date for Aziz Ansari, etc... And yet nothing comes of it and the /ONLY/ reason it's ending is because of Jim Parson putting his foot down and the producers not wanting to continue the show without him(It's too soon after the marriage after all. Otherwise, I'd expect them to continue the show, but with Sheldon dying in a "mad scientist/super villain accident" as mentioned early on in the show. Maybe they'd even include a step-father, to add more "drama" and be more "inclusive"(Look how diverse and accepting and woke we are!) or add another punching bag like Penny/Sheldon of today. Or maybe they'd force Raj and Amy together if Raj was still unattached by the end of season 12... Not something I'd wish on anyone, even one of the 3 traitors. Well, maybe Leonard considering how awfully similar they can be).

I mean, there's 12 seasons of this crap now, or rather, going to be once 12 ends and yet no mainstream media ever picked these blatantly obvious problems about the show up to run. I have come across random blogs and news articles and videos about TBBT and it's problems, but they're never mainstream and never go viral. Maybe they'll get the guts to go after TBBT once it ends, but I doubt it very much, as satisfying as it would be to reveal to people they have, consciously or not, been supporting these themes and messages that have cropped up over the seasons once Amy and Bernadette arrived and the show went downhill.

*Well, beyond the stuff about the media I said in my previous post. What I don't get is why there isn't any backlash by people who actually watch the show/the common people, considering I'd bet a VAST majority of people who watch the show consider themselves some version of "woke" or "feminist" or "LGBT+" or an "LGBT+ supporter".
**#MeToo and diversity movements and such like.

Messages In This Thread
Hate Shamy? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-10-2018, 03:51 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by CTR69 - 06-11-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by FlyingMonkey - 06-11-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-13-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Jela - 06-20-2018, 08:21 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 09:06 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Ratman77 - 07-22-2018, 08:38 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Jenger - 08-05-2018, 12:49 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by wellplayedpenny - 08-05-2018, 06:39 AM