Hate Shamy?
Hey all. I'm new to the site(Keeping the name because it is oh so appropriate). I hated Shamy, because ultimately, Amy and Sheldon wanted two different things. Sheldon wanted a partner of the mind and /only/ the mind. He didn't care for sex. Amy was fine with that...at first. But then she quickly realized that she /wanted/ sex, a partner or relationship of the body. The 'mind' bit seemed to be forgotten or just summarily ignored all together thereafter. And since Sheldon was her boyfriend, he MUST give it to her, even though that went against his own wishes and desires. So, rather than dissolve the relationship, as you would think two highly intelligent and generally rational people who have two different desires that are in great conflict with the others would do, Amy decided to browbeat and trick Sheldon into putting hands on her in a sexual manner and eventually, sex. That's essentially forced coercion I believe. Not a cop or lawyer here people, but the entire situation was skeevy as hell from the very start. Not to mention what I could only consider the rape of a character, metaphorically and possibly literally.

I mean, she could've just moved the #%^@ on with another scientist if she was /that/ hung up on someone of high intelligence/someone within the same sphere(Even though science has many, many different fields. And if the 3 traitors were any indication of Caltech's departments, many would've welcomed the chance to be with a women even like Amy.) or just gotten on with another guy with a one-night stand and then kept moving on until she found a guy she actually /wanted/ to be with. Yes, yes, I know her mother fed her a load of %&#! about not having sex until you're married and stuff, but c'mon! You're an adult woman, Amy! Your mother has no control over you unless you give it to her and the times have long since changed then! No one is going to care if you have sex with some random stranger beyond making sure you were safe(In both senses, as in feeling safe and practicing safe sex) during it, that it was good, and you're not pregnant beyond your mother. And if she does, time to leave her behind.

And to make things worse, everyone else in the group(Even Penny at times I think) kept telling him to essentially "man up" and do it, that her behavior was normal(HECK NO) because she never had sex before then, that he'll like it even though he explicitly stated in the past that he just wasn't interested, etc... until he gave in. They normalized(Or trivialized, if you prefer) the situation to him. Even though everything about it wasn't normal, they made it seem that way to him until he essentially thought it was and gave in! They consciously or unconsciously, maliciously or not, manipulated things around Sheldon(A man who didn't know any better because he'd never truly been in a situation like this before. Ramona didn't even come /close/!) until his prior character and convictions were all but non-existent!

Like Betram said to Stewie on Family Guy, "You'll be yesterday's hopscotch chalk on a sidewalk Stewie! Erased!", TBBT's producers and the characters had erased Sheldon's wonderful quirky personality that had been established in the very beginning of the show. And the few signs that he had been changing and growing a little as a person were quickly and forcibly changed and twisted until they were pointing him towards growing into the Sheldon of today. A Sheldon I can't even recognize. A Sheldon I never conceived of before and wish never existed in all possible timelines and in the multi-verse, just like how he says he never dances in any possible timeline.

I'm not saying Sheldon was a total innocent in their relationship together or that he was an utter saint. But Amy was the source of most of the troubles in that 'ship, certainly ALL of the sexual ones, and provided both the vehicle and thrust for the producers to utterly warp Sheldon to whatever you would call the Sheldon of today.

Would I have loved to see Shenny on the big screen/TV and would I have been cheering if it potentially lead to sex? Of course! But I would've also been fine if she and Sheldon had just stayed friends even with the chemistry they have between each other so long as it meant Sheldon would've remained largely unchanged(And by that, I mean his core personality and quirks would've stayed the same, just changed somewhat by actual character development and not the forced mess that lead to Shamy having sex and getting hitched.). Plus, I'd like to imagine that unlike Amy, Penny wouldn't have forcibly changed Sheldon. Temporized his behavior and quirks, maybe. But utterly change him and ruin him? No. And I'd imagine that Penny would've taken her time about changing Sheldon's mind on sex and made sure that Sheldon's first time /would/ be special and as perfect as she could make it with her *ahem* extensive experience.

But I would've totally been against Shenny or any relationship for Sheldon not of "the mind" if I thought it'd change him as badly as the current Shamy we got.

...Sheldon, buddy. I miss you.
The following 8 users Like Nostalgia's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, CTR69, devilbk, FlyingMonkey, Ratman77, Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Jenger

Messages In This Thread
Hate Shamy? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-10-2018, 03:51 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by CTR69 - 06-11-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by FlyingMonkey - 06-11-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-13-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Jela - 06-20-2018, 08:21 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 09:06 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Ratman77 - 07-22-2018, 08:38 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Jenger - 08-05-2018, 12:49 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by wellplayedpenny - 08-05-2018, 06:39 AM