The Big Bounce
I was on a tech site, and we were discussing alien life. It started with the Mars rover discovering some possibly organic compounds. I started looking into it, and realised that NASA were actually mapping the mineral contents of Mars, and they were willing to sell the info. Any hints at alien life were actually just good PR. I then found out it was the demands of Silicon Valley that was driving this mining the planets idea. That's when I came across the idea(above), that if we know the environment on another planet, we can use Darwin's ideas to work out what aliens on that planet might look like.

Here's an interesting scientist, Dr. Dudley Buck(new to me). He is credited with inventing the Cryotron, ferroelectric memory, content addressed memory, and developments in electron beam lithography. He was a key figure in the development of the computer. What's also interesting is that in 1958 as a goodwill gesture to Russia, some of it's best scientist were invited to study in the US. Of course they all turned out to be KGB agents. After 7 Soviet scientists visited Dr Buck at MIT, both he and Dr. Ridenour, died of a mysterious illness on the same day. Reminds me of the Skripal poisoning.
http://www.dudleybuck.com/

Messages In This Thread
The Big Bounce - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-28-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: The Big Bounce - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-21-2018, 02:05 AM
RE: The Big Bounce - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-29-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: The Big Bounce - by Nostalgia - 09-29-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: The Big Bounce - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-29-2018, 08:19 PM