10 Years Later: 1.6 - The Middle Earth Paradigm
Season 1, Episode 6 - The Middle Earth Paradigm (First Aired on October 29, 2007)
[Image: The-Middle-Earth-Paradigm.jpg]

The guys are invited to Penny's Halloween party, where Leonard has yet another run-in with Penny's ex-boyfriend Kurt.

Canon Facts:
  • It is established that Sheldon brings tea to people who are upset because of "cultural convention"
  • Penny kisses Leonard for the first time

There were some great moments in this episode, but it will never be a "favorite" of mine. Although the Flash scene was funny I was disappointed that they were all "store bought" costumes which made them look really cheap after seeing the quality of their 2nd costumes. The other thing that keeps this being a favorite is the Leonard/Penny kiss. Leonard is such a jerk during the Kurt/Leonard interaction that I really had no sympathy for Leonard, so to see him rewarded with Penny kissing him later left a bad taste in my mouth. (of course we know now that Leonard is always rewarded with Penny taking a step closer to marriage when he behaves like a Jackass)

Favorite Quotes/Moments
Sheldon: I'm confused. If there's no costume parade, what are we doing here?
Leonard: We're socializing. Meeting new people...
Sheldon: Telepathically?
Blossom
Sheldon: Like Jane Goodall observing the apes, I initially saw their interactions as confusing and unstructured, but patterns emerge, they have their own... language if you will.
Leonard: Go on.
Sheldon: Well, it seems that the newcomer approaches the existing group With the greeting: "How wasted am I?" which is met with an approving chorus of: "Dude!"
Leonard: Then what happens?
Sheldon: That's as far as I've gotten.
Blossom
Raj: [dressed as Thor, Norse God of Thunder] Hey. Sorry I'm late but my hammer got stuck in the door on the bus.
Leonard: You went with Thor?
Raj: What? Just because I'm Indian I can't be a Norse God? No, no, no Raj has to be an Indian God. That's racism. I mean, look at Wolowitz. He's not English but he's dressed like Peter Pan. Sheldon is neither sound nor light but he's obviously the Doppler effect.
Howard: I'm not Peter Pan. I'm Robin Hood.
Raj: Really? Because I saw Peter Pan and you're dressed exactly like Cathy Rigby. She was a little bigger than you but it's basically the same look, man.

Blossom
Leonard: What's that?

Sheldon: Tea. When people are upset, the cultural convention is to bring them hot beverages. ... There, there. ... You wanna talk about it?
Leonard: No.
Sheldon: Good! "There there" was really all I had.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jela

Messages In This Thread
10 Years Later: 1.6 - The Middle Earth Paradigm - by Nutz - 11-01-2017, 03:31 AM