10 Years Later: 1.5 - The Hamburger Postulate
Season 1, Episode 5 - The Hamburger Postulate (First Aired on October 22, 2007)
[Image: ce80f4157c6fe051927630acd8a5f1e2.jpg]
Leonard, realizing his pursuit of Penny is fruitless, has an unexpected encounter with a fellow scientist (Sara Gilbert).
Canon Facts:
  • It is revealed that Sheldon went to college at the age of 11
  • First time we see Penny serving the guys at The Cheesecake Factory

I liked this episode. The opening scene was pure geek fun, the scenes between Leonard and Leslie were very funny and the Shenny scene was delightful (and a little uncomfortable). Leonard seems to be more likable when he has a firm dominate female to take him in hand and I was hoping they would allow him to "move on" from his stalking behavior with Penny.

My Favorite Quotes/Moments
Opening scene

Blossom
Penny: (To Sheldon) Sweetie, I know you think you're explaining yourself, but you're really not.
Blossom
Sheldon: Who do I talk to about reserving this table every Thursday?
Penny: I don't know. A Psychiatrist?
Blossom
Leonard: Well, what did she mean by that? Or was that just a generic platitude or was that a subtle bid for attention?
Sheldon: You know why this hamburger surpasses the Big Boy? This is a single-decker hamburger whereas the Big Boy is a double-decker. This has a much more satisfying meat to bun to condiment ratio.
Leonard: Are you even listening to me?
Sheldon: Of course I'm listening. "Blah blah, hopeless Penny delusion, blah blah."
Blossom
Sheldon: [learning Leonard has a girl over] This is very awkward.
Penny: Oh, come on. You know, Leonard's had girls over before, right?
Sheldon: Oh, yes. But there's usually planning, courtship, advance notice. You know, last time I was able to book a cruise to the Arctic to see a solar eclipse.
Penny: Wait, wait. You had to leave the state because your roommate was having sex?
Sheldon: I didn't *have* to, the dates just happened to coincide.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons

Messages In This Thread
10 Years Later: 1.5 - The Hamburger Postulate - by Nutz - 10-24-2017, 06:17 AM