Season One - 10 Years Later
On September 24, 2007 we were introduced to 4 Nerdmigos and a beautiful waitress with big dreams. This thread will celebrate each episode as it hits the ten year mark. Talk about what you thought the first time you saw the episode, what your favorite scene(s) or quote(s) are and after 10 years, is it still fresh, or has it become dated as last years fruitcake.

Season 1, Episode 1 - The Pilot (first aired September 24th, 2017)
[Image: bigbangtheory-pilot_1191022216.jpg]

Summary:
Leonard and Sheldon are trying to make some extra cash by visiting a sperm bank for geniuses, but they chicken out and go back to their apartment. When they get home they notice that a very beautiful new neighbor, Penny, has moved in across the hall. They befriend her in the best way they know how: by inviting her over for day-old Indian food. The boys' best friends, Wolowitz and Koothrappali, stop by, and they're equally as challenged with girls. Penny asks the boys for a favor, and they're willing to do whatever she needs. Even if it means going to her ex-boyfriend's place to retrieve her television. Unfortunately for Penny, they come back without the tv, and even more unfortunately for Leonard and Sheldon, they lose their pants as well.

Reviews:
The TV Critic said: "Penny is a brave new world for Sheldon and Leonard and it’s a fun start to The Big Bang Theory. The show will have to work hard to maintain the delicate balance between geek jokes and real characters. I wish them luck"

IGN said "The writing in this episode was some of the best we've seen in a standard sitcom in some time -- it's very smart. We'll be the first to admit, however, not everyone will love the show. Let's face it, not everyone wants to see a sitcom about nerds playing World of Warcraft and Klingon Boggle. That being said, the pilot was a great start for the series. If the writing remains at the level seen in the pilot, we're certain the show will continue to be worth watching"

Favorite Quotes/Moments:
Penny: So, what do you guys do around here?
Sheldon: Well, today we tried masturbating for money
Blossom
Penny: I'm a vegetarian. Well, except for fish, and the occasional steak. I love steak!
Sheldon: Well, that's interesting. Leonard can't process corn
Blossom
Leonard: We need to widen our circle.
Sheldon: I have a very wide circle. I have 212 friends on MySpace.
Leonard: Yes, and you've never met one of them.
Sheldon: That's the beauty of it
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Ratman77, Jenger

Messages In This Thread
Season One - 10 Years Later - by Nutz - 09-25-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: The Big Bang Theory- 10 Years Later - by Nutz - 10-02-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: The Big Bang Theory- 10 Years Later - by Nutz - 10-08-2017, 02:37 PM
RE: The Big Bang Theory- 10 Years Later - by Nutz - 10-18-2017, 04:26 PM