25.00%
1 25.00%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.03 The Dependence Transcendence
I didn't mind this episode as much as I thought I would. Sheldon wasn't the manic-Mr. Bean-twit that I was expecting and I felt there was sympathy for him. Even though there's this change in the shows dynamic where everyone laughs AT Sheldon now, not WITH Sheldon. In the early years, the dynamic was different. Sheldon was funnier because he made fun of the normal and it was clever. Of course mainstream audiences couldn't handle an imperfect, intelligent and unapologising character. They are weak! I loved him.

Anyway... the rest of it was okay. Bernadette talking about how she doesn't feel maternal was refreshing. This idea that women always want kids and if you don't then you must be abnormal and all the female competition which verges on a kind of feminine machismo about the subject, rarely gets discussed. I thought it was in keeping with early depletions of Bernadette so I'm pleased they did this. They have found a new use for Raj which almost works.

Penny agreeing to go to Burt's was too much of a stretch though! She gets enough of feeling uneducated around the others and would never put herself in that situation. Also, did Amy really need this ego boost? She happily reminded Penny she wasn't smart. Amy could quite easily become a real bitch. There's some interesting undercurrents going on with these two characters which almost have real life parallel. In 10.02 Amy actually uses the bitch word towards Penny and Penny gives a lip curl that speaks volumes. I wasn't as annoyed by the popularity line as I thought I'd be (taping reports can be deceptive) it sort of worked. Although, no ones as popular on the show as Sheldon, you can put whatever you like in the dialogue...

Amy and Bert would be an interesting combo. I like Bert. I can imagine them together. Sheldon and Amy are done, too childish and creepy. Amy and Bert. YES!! Bamy.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, devilbk, Kimk26

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10.03 The Dependence Transcendence - by CTR69 - 09-29-2016, 03:06 AM
RE: 10.03 The Dependence Transcendence - by CTR69 - 09-29-2016, 04:20 AM
RE: 10.03 The Dependence Transcendence - by Tuesday Pajamas - 10-08-2016, 04:57 PM
RE: 10.03 The Dependence Transcendence - by Nutz - 10-11-2016, 02:06 PM