0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion
I've not seen this episode, and have no intention of seeing it, or indeed any new episode, because having ruined Sheldon yonks ago they've lost me as a viewer. I'm sure WB/CBS is weeping hysterically into their moneybags...

I'm glad to hear there was a sighting of the thought-extinct Shenny scene. How rare! The splendid Attenborough should do a bloody documentary on them.  

But I just have to quote from Kim's detailed Brothers-Karamazov-length post in the private forum;

"When Leonard said that he didn’t want to hear the word “meeting” again, and Sheldon did that annoying sing-song (meeting, meeting, bo-beeting..banana-fana, fo-feeting..) blech, that’s not the way vintage Sheldon would handle the thing. He could be relentless, but not..obnoxious, you know? This isn’t a brilliant/calculating Alpha’s behavior, but more like the kid who’s gonna hold his breath until he gets his way. Picture Sheldon with the operant conditioning techniques he used to try and modify Penny’s behavior to suit his tastes in “The Gothowitz Deviation”. That was no petulant child not getting his way. That was a genius, calling upon his intellectual gifts, to secretly influence another person in the direction of his goals. It was so subtle that Leonard had to observe him for a bit, and think about Sheldon’s actions before he figured it out. And Penny was none the wiser. That’s subtlety. Not all this knocking us over the head, spelling everything out business.. Plus, he was SUCCESSFUL. Dealing with Leonard..quite calmly spraying him like a cat: “Bad Leonard..”  This Sheldon? He whines and complains....<snip>...and Vintage Sheldon wouldn’t even be in this situation in the first place. He’d be too busy quietly plotting his subterfuge."

This is precisely why I can't enjoy the show anymore. I watched solely for Sheldon. Sheldon and his brilliance and oddity, his utter indifference to societal opinion, drew me to the show. Now Sheldon has been turned into an utter idiot. A gurning, simpering imbecile.

I haven't found him interesting, or - perhaps more damnably - funny, since The Scavenger Vortex back in early Season 7. He was broken down in the hiatus of Season 4, and then reconstructed into a fool in Season 5, but unfortunately I didn't notice at the time, as I was traveling and living out of a suitcase. I went straight from my laptop-based Season 1-4 boxset to Season 6, where I slowly staggered into a fandom for the first time. It wasn't pleasant. I went to a mainstream TBBT forum and was naive enough to reveal I enjoyed Sheldon and Penny scenes more than any other pairing, and that I found Amy to be a self-pitying, charmless, monstrous caricature. Neither of these things went down well with Amy's acolytes. I fled with the shirt on my back and by the skin of my teeth, to mix some colloquialisms...

From having Sheldon as a hero in Season 1-4, to feeling every screed of my soul flinch when he's onscreen, is NOT a good change, in my opinion.

Shenny scenes or no, Sheldumb the sexy toddler can go to hell.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 11 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Toad, spuffyfan, FlyingSolo, Jela, Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingMonkey, Kimk26, CTR69, Berliner, Ratman77

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by Toad - 04-02-2016, 08:12 AM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by Nutz - 04-04-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by CTR69 - 04-05-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by Nutz - 04-05-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by CTR69 - 04-05-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by CTR69 - 04-19-2016, 01:58 AM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by CTR69 - 04-23-2016, 03:04 AM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by Idle Miscreant - 04-23-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by CTR69 - 04-24-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by Toad - 04-25-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: 9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion - by CTR69 - 04-26-2016, 02:06 AM