50.00%
2 50.00%
3 Dirty Socks
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.19 The Solder Excursion Diversion
(04-05-2016, 01:50 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Hey guys, thanks for the access. My first post might come as a negative, but I just have to get it out, before continuing with Shenny fluff.

This episode really made me upset at how they portrayed Sheldon. It was one facepalm after another. Computer death in itself was very, let's say mainstream-like. For people who know nothing about computers.

A genius who knows all about IT, internet and computers does NOT keep a 5 YO laptop around. Knowing Sheldon, he would always be around the latest tech, swapping laptops once a year or at least put SSD in it, lol. But he came out very weak here and Amy again as a superior being. Lame.

Second, all that emotional attachment is BS. Inside scoop, aspies don't have emotional attachments. I do and say whatever I want and rarely care for others. If I want something, I throw old stuff away and get new things. That's how Sheldon was correctly portrayed in the beginning, he was egoistic, pushing the boundaries, didn't care for other people's feelings and didn't have his own. But Amy ruined everything...

I always felt connected with the character, but this ep was WAY off. Routines and not wanting things to change is one thing, but gathering junk for 30 years is totally ridiculous.

Just throwing this out there: I do know of some Aspies who are also hoarders. It basically manifests from the OCD and their capacity to form more emotional bonds to objects rather than people. On the other hand, I know of some Aspies who are, like you, OCD about cleanliness and hate clutter and so throws away useless things. The point being, however, that it doesn't make sense for Sheldon to hoard dirty old toothbrushes because of his germaphobic nature. However, it makes sense for him to form emotional bonds towards other things (such as comics and collectibles) and hoard those. Don't know what the tptb was going for, but it completely fell flat, that's for sure.

Messages In This Thread
9.19 The Solder Excursion Diversion - by Toad - 03-29-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: 9.19 The Solder Excursion Diversion - by Toad - 03-29-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: 9.19 The Solder Excursion Diversion - by Nutz - 03-30-2016, 01:55 AM
RE: 9.19 The Solder Excursion Diversion - by Nutz - 03-31-2016, 05:29 AM
RE: 9.19 The Solder Excursion Diversion - by Serpent In Red - 04-05-2016, 07:02 AM
RE: 9.19 The Solder Excursion Diversion - by Toad - 04-05-2016, 08:21 AM