RIP Leonard Hofstadter
I never hated Leonard at the start either. I liked him. It thought he was a kind but misguided young man and I thought he'd get over this shallow Penny obsession and find someone who he could really love for more than appearance. I never thought they'd run with it all throught the show. Not when they was the potential for someone so much better with Sheldon. He was extemely funny as a foil. In the same way that Penny would pull a face and ignore one of Sheldon's factual 'insults', Leonard would tolerate so much out of understanding. That made him likeable. I couldn't help but feel symapthy for him. He seemed like a nice person.

It took me a lot longer to go off Leonard than some of the other HQers. I liked him for a long time but things started to niggle at me. The writers wanted to make him desirable to Penny but they went about it all the wrong ways. He lied too much. They would try and make him seem nice but he was so insincere. They also put him with all these beautiful women to make him seem desirable but they were way out of his league. I used to like Leonard too so I know where you are coming from. Now it's diffcult to remember what I did like about him. Never really thought he was charming though but perhaps Galecki saved the character a little as he's such a nice chap.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, FlyingMonkey, Kimk26, FlyingSolo

Messages In This Thread
RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Smo - 03-05-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Tuesday Pajamas - 03-05-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by SpaceAnJL - 03-05-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Tuesday Pajamas - 03-05-2016, 05:57 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Trust No One - 03-05-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by HomoNovus - 03-06-2016, 03:20 AM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Tuesday Pajamas - 03-06-2016, 03:26 AM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Idle Miscreant - 04-10-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by CTR69 - 02-10-2018, 01:58 AM