0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.17 (Episode 200) The Celebration Experimentation
(03-14-2016, 07:30 AM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: I feel like I've allowed myself enough time to try and put into words what I felt about the 200th. While at the start the episode pleased me and TBH if was one of the better ones of S9 (I'll admit I haven't watched much of any of the episodes this season. The only other one was when the boys were trying to road trip to Vegas in the van. That had some old fashioned comedy moments.) the problem I found now, was that in the 200th it all felt so fake... The shenny moment excluded, because no matter what, it's nearly impossible for them to ruin shenny, doesn't matter. They just work. Everything else though seemed fake. 

Why???

Because for the first part of the season and now the rest of the season, has been about how to trash on Sheldon and how Amy can change him and often the rest of the group gathers around to change him, force him to alter his personality in these fake weird ways. 

The 200th almost felt like they were being nice so he'd drop his guard so they could take turns kicking him later. 

If tptb didn't want Sheldon to bet arrogant, brutally honest or indifferent, they shouldn't have written him as such. S9 has seen more dramatic, forced altering of Sheldon then any seasons beforehand. It used to be that it was Penny that helped him grow in little ways, and she wasn't even trying to make him change! It just happened, naturally and realistically. 

But I digress. 

I don't know how much more they can hurt Sheldon, they've really made him into a boring character, who's whole world is about Amy, this insignificant, self loathing, pathetic woman who has forced Sheldon into all of this. And it's not fun to see... It's kinda heart breaking. 

Although out of all the characters, he's still the most lovable, he's still the best character out of everyone else (which maybe now isn't saying much) I feel like the writers got lazy with him and also didn't want us to like him as much. 

I could see them in S10 doing a 180 and making Sheldon go back to the way he was, they don't plan the shows out as this season really is proof of that, even S8 didn't feel like this... He wasn't as much of a 6'1" idiot baby genius type. (I still adore him... But...) 

Anyway. It's almost irrelevant at this point bc it's not like tptb will listen or care. 

yes they destroyed his character this season, erasing basically every trace of what made his character great. even though they're doing the same with other characters. Take a look at Penny. The problem is bigger than Sheldon.
The following 4 users Like HomoNovus's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Tuesday Pajamas, Ratman77

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9.17 (Episode 200) The Celebration Experimentation - by HomoNovus - 03-14-2016, 07:45 AM