What happened to Sheldon's IQ?
Part 1:

Hello everybody! Hello “Tuesday Pajamas”!

I know your threat is at first dedicated to Sheldon, but in your headline you mentioned Howard and Penny too. So I want to take the opportunity to load the following post which has a focus on Penny. I hope that you are not angry about that. If you are then of course I deleted it.
I found this article at “Looper.comof which I think that it contains some interesting points.
(I don’t know if another member it has been previously uploaded. If it so, than sorry.)

Why Kaley Cuoco Is Basically Ruining The Big Bang Theory

Getty Images

After nine seasons of success, it's time to address a problem with The Big Bang Theory. Look, it's a sitcom, and it's not trying to be deep. We can accept the fact that the characters aren't that complex and they never really change. Except that Kaley Cuoco's Penny has changed, and she's ruining the show. Her character just doesn't make sense anymore, and that's saying alot considering how simple the concept of this show is. Here's why Kaley Cuoco is basically ruining The Big Bang Theory.

Getty Images

She's Become A Typical Sitcom Wife                                         
There's a trope in sitcoms where some loser guy is always married to a beautiful woman who is way out of his league. It's dumb, because you always end up thinking "she could do so much better than this guy, and they're always fighting, so why does she put up with this?" For a while, The Big Bang Theory was different. The whole point of the show was that Leonard was so insecure about Penny being out of his league. The problem is, now they're married. Considering the fact the she makes more money than him, Leonard lucked out. The show literally got rid of the one thing that made their relationship different. That would be like Cheerios getting rid of the O shape. Great, now the cereal tastes like cardboard and doesn't come in a fun shape.

She's Not Even The Hot One
By this point on the show, every one of the guys has dated multiple beautiful women. Howard even married one. Shouldn't that be kind of a big deal? As long as Penny's around, it's impossible to suspend our disbelief on this. Every time Raj gets a new girlfriend, and she's as hot as Penny, it should be a bigger deal. Everyone should be freaking out the same way they freak out at the thought of Leonard and Penny dating. We've seen Leonard talk confidently to girls as pretty as Penny (or maybe even prettier, depending on your taste). At this point, what exactly makes Penny so special? When she first shows up, the guys should have been like "whatever, even though we're supposedly nerds, we still date girls that look like that all the time." They still act super intimidated by her, it's crazy. That would be like having Ant-Man and the Hulk in the same movie, and having everyone be like "hey, stay calm around Ant-Man. That guy's so strong!"

She Has No Conflict
What exactly is Penny's story anymore? She starts out as an aspiring actress, but that doesn't work out so she gets a regular person job, and now she makes a steady paycheck. So, it kind of seems like her story is done, right? Why is she even still living in a building with a broken elevator? It always made sense that her character hung out with the nerds because they let her eat for free and she was broke. Sure, she liked them, but she clearly had very little in common with them. Now that she has money, shouldn't that change? She still doesn't like the stuff the guys like, so she should just leave already. She has options now! Without the money problems and desperation in her life, she's free! Now, she's choosing to hang around, so when she makes fun of the guys for being geeky, it's just mean. If you don't like video games and comics, Penny, then go do something else. It's weird that you're still here. You're creeping us out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by devilbk - 02-06-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by Ratman77 - 02-10-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by Ratman77 - 02-13-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by Ratman77 - 02-13-2016, 12:59 PM