Vintage Haven: Strictly Old Episode Discussion
Oddly, it isn't actually one of my favourites - maybe because I like smart people owning everybody else in the room, possibly with an edge of charming asshole to them. I'll take a competent snarker over a sweet-natured idiot. They were definitely playing with the 'Forrest Gump' vibe for Sheldon in this. It's a shame that one of the many aspects that has disappeared from his character was that ability to turn his hand to anything very quickly - it seemed entirely likely that Vintage Sheldon could and would learn an difficult language out of boredom, or pick up the basics of fish-breeding practically overnight. Being a bad driver was entirely within character, though - too much going on, too many possibilities going through his head.

Also - there is nothing quite like the poison of academic rivalry. Sheldon is only saying out loud what many of Gablehauser's other colleagues (the ones without lucrative publishing deals or tv careers) mutter to each other in the privacy of their offices.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Gamma

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vintage Haven: Strictly Old Episode Discussion - by SpaceAnJL - 11-18-2014, 10:06 PM