Poll: Vote for this episode (Guests welcome)
3 Penny Blossoms
2 Penny Blossoms
1 Penny Blossom
The Neutral Zone
1 Dirty Sock
2 Dirty Socks
3 Dirty Socks
[Show Results]

1.08 The Grasshopper Experiment
Yeah it was an early indicator of how they could have played a romantic encounter for Sheldon. It blew me away and proves that Jim Parsons could play a romantic lead easily AND that Sheldon could be successfully hooked up, without destroying the character. If Sheldon were my creation he would treat his partner differently to everyone else. The Shamy just doesn't work for me. He's treated her the same as everyone else for years and it's just looks like a slow breaking of his spirit, and makes her look desperate and a little bit pathetic. All that scheming she does and all for a few kisses. She's stupid at best, and manipulative at worst.

Whereas if they had made him bias towards his girlfriend and kept his arrogance towards others, they wouldn't have to change his character. Then they could make it a running gag of how Sheldon can't see he treats his girlfriend so much better than anyone else. Another missed opportunity.

Instead they made Shamy. So awful... Plus I think their choice of actress was very wrong, Bialik makes Amy seem oddly creepy.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • CassandraElise, Jenger, Shellsyke

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.08 The Grasshopper Experiment - by Nutz - 05-11-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: 1.08 The Grasshopper Experiment - by Tuesday Pajamas - 05-12-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: 1.08 The Grasshopper Experiment - by Louise - 05-13-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: 1.08 The Grasshopper Experiment - by Jenger - 12-16-2017, 09:22 AM