Until I saw TBBT I never knew that....
In examining the episodes for my latest fanfiction I've come to realize that there are a lot of peculiar life-lessons, particularly as the show transformed from what it was to a rom-com. I thought I'd list a few I've seen:

I never knew I would have to give up 'nerd/geek' things in order to find love and become a responsible adult. Apparently being scientists at a university, out on their own (save Howard) paying bills, engaging socially with people of similar interests a la comic book store, robot fighting league, renaissance fairs, paintball fields or ComicCon (I mean who goes to ComicCon anyways, right? Dodgy ) isn't enough to constitute maturity if one chooses to read comic books, play D&D and go to Planet of the Apes marathons.

I never knew that you should side with your gf no matter what, even if she attacks/insults your friend (who's doing you a favor for free) for no reason.

I never knew that your ex-gf would find you sexually attractive after telling her that you only did things she liked in order to have sex with her.

I never knew that it was okay to retaliate against an annoying friend by nearly tanking his career. After all, Leonard, Raj and Howard faced no consequences for their actions even though as scientists they should have been canned for tampering with Sheldon's experiment.

I never knew that there were stages of cheating as making out with a girl a couple of times while your gf is in India is 'kinda wrong' but forgivable since you didn't go all the way (even though you regretted not doing it).

I never knew that dropping out of community college and traveling half way across the country to follow your dream to become a movie star didn't constitute as something you're 'passionate about'. Apparently working at a dead-end job while struggling to pay bills, afford acting classes and pay for gas to attend auditions is something you do for the hell of it.
Let's go exploring!
The following 8 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Gamma, lewstonewar, Idle Miscreant, devilbk, ricardo shillyshally, queenoftheDales, CassandraElise, Nutz

Messages In This Thread
Until I saw TBBT I never knew that.... - by wellplayedpenny - 07-14-2014, 01:59 AM