Your Definitive "Jump The Shark" Moments
I think we can all agree that TBBT has jumped not only one shark, but about forty, in a row. (You can jump multiple sharks, right?) But we might have different opinions as to where these jumps happened. Here's mine:

-Amy, obviously, and the key moment that made me realise SHE HAD TO GO was the girl's night episode and the *shudder* netheryaeia (No idea how you spell it)
-Sheldon asking Amy to be his girlfriend.
-Sheldon kissing Amy.
-Sheldon loving alcohol all of a sudden.
- Raj and Penny becoming alcoholics.
-Penny saying she loved Leonard. I was hoping this would never happen, and we'd instead have a bittersweet (euphoric) realisation from both sides that they aren't going to be a happy couple, but no. Of course characters can have a relationship and then just be friends afterwards. Countless shows have managed that. For God's sake writer's it's not that hard, if your heart isn't really in making Lenny work.
-Sheldon befriending Wil Wheaton.
-The whole episode where Sheldon needs his hair cut, marking the arrival of the new carelessness he's had since regarding routine.
- The season 4 Raj/Penny finale significantly drained both characters' charm.
- Sheldon being racist/sexist. The problem I had with this was that it happened in season 6, during which Sheldon was steadily becoming more and more self-aware, so it felt like he KNEW how racist/sexist he was being. This isn't true to Sheldon and it will be forever used by Sheldon-haters as proof that he is a massive wanker who mistreats his beaky, hobbling "angel" of a girlfriend.
- Raj: LATER LOSERS!

(I know these probably aren't technically "sharks", in that case it can just be a list of horrible moments in the show that correlate with its decline)

Also is anyone else getting sick of people saying the "geek" culture was an "unrepresented demographic" before TBBT? I think TBBT proved to be bad for "geek" culture in the long term, as it's become ubiquitous. I thought the definition of being a "geek" was unashamedly showing a love for obscure things regardless of prejudice. TBBT does not give out this message anymore, and cheapens the value of being a genuine "geek". The universe does not end with a bang, but with a whimper.

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-cast.jpg]

[Image: wtw-BigBangTheory-ep623-jpg_180534.jpg]

What went wrong? (Look at Amy. Look at her.)
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 2 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Berliner, ricardo shillyshally

Messages In This Thread
Your Definitive "Jump The Shark" Moments - by Wisp - 05-23-2014, 03:12 PM