The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat)
(10-02-2017, 09:00 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Hi Jenger, nice to have you with us. I always thought Sheldon was asexual as well. The things he said, his utter lack of reaction, it seemed obviously to me that he wasn't interested in having physical relations with anyone. They only brought in a love interest to give the show more longevity and because everyone was more fascinated with Sheldon, than Leonard. 

It never stopped me being a Shenny shipper though. I thought they had something beyond sex. They were polar opposites who had so much to offer one another. And i agree, if he's not asexual it has to be Penny. 

Amy's a schemer, an opportunist. They used pity to shoe horn her into the show. Everyone was supposed to feel sorry for Amy but Amy only really cared about herself. She saw something she wanted and she schemed and manipulated until she got it. She just waited it out, all his friends kept pushing them together and this was all supposed to be "sweet". But I think Sheldon is very vulnerable and easily manipulated. He doesn't understand social cues, then all of a sudden he wants to gift her sex? That seemed wrong. The world seems to love them. I don't get why. It surprises me that there's not more criticism of the setup. 

Leonard and Penny are bad enough.

I completely agree.  

It was Sheldon's lack of interest that made me never consider a relationship for him, although since Amy came around, I always considered much better options for him.  Like Penny, but if not her, I really loved Martha and if not her, then my third choice would actually be Ramona, since he didn't force herself on him, and actually encouraged him to do science, three weeks with her, and he wrote an amazing paper that caused a change in science!  At least that's what it sounded like.  I miss that Sheldon.

Amy has always been the girl everyone was supposed to feel sorry for, and yet, I didn't, I just felt awkward every time she opened her mouth.  It was disturbing, and it wasn't surprising that she didn't have friends prior to the gang.  I don't understand why anyone wants them together, it makes zero sense.   I don't get how anyone would find gifting her his virginity as sweet or endearing.  I tried to read some reviews on previous seasons, like season four and five, and there were reviews that claimed any episode without Amy in it, wasn't worth it, and that Sheldon should give it up, even back then!  It was crazy, and it bothers me.

Anyway, it's more appalling than Leonard and Penny, and they are pretty bad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat) - by Jenger - 10-03-2017, 08:02 AM