If Shenny becomes canon what does that mean?
I think the writers have tried unsuccessfully for 4/5 years to ruin Shenny, and all they have accomplished is to make it abundantly clear to anyone who doesn't have Lamy glasses on that there is something missing from the show when these two don't interact. Because Jim and Kaley play off each other so beautifully, there is always that spark missing when Shenny is forced to stay in opposite story lines and not speak to each other. I don't think the writers could ruin a Shenny romance even if they tried. Jim and Kaley would somehow find a way to make even the most absurd story lines work for their characters. Think about the kiss scene from this season: the plot was absolutely weak. Penny was mad at Leonard cheating on her so she was going to get even by kissing Sheldon. And yet Jim and Kaley made it work and brought down the house with their chemistry.  Cool I also wouldn't be surprised if that dream kiss was a test to see if there was still an audience interested in Shenny. I think it's curious how that kiss showed up this season, and now that we're nearing the finale, we're seeing more and more "angst" with the canon couples.

I think if TPTB are going to explore a Shenny romance, now is the perfect time. There is actually a semblance of continuity right now with Leonard and Amy becoming progressively more jealous of Sheldon and Penny's special relationship. We have hints of it in next week episode with Leonard whining that Penny's never nice to him after she compliments Sheldon on his hat. Then we have a whole episode devoted to this jealousy, and then Zack shows up. If it turns out Penny and Leonard are not really married, and they're going to take a time out, I will do a victory jig. 

Sheldon and Amy are even easier to break up. They already did it once this year. Why not again? Surely Sheldon will do something else so "unforgivable" that Queen Amy dumps his sorry hiney until he learns to behave.  Dodgy 
With both Penny and Sheldon single for the first time since season 5 (Geesh!), there is no reason not to explore that romantic avenue.
The following 8 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Trust No One, Darcy of Asgard, Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Kimk26, lilyben3, Serpent In Red, CTR69

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Shenny becomes canon what does that mean? - by CassandraElise - 04-01-2016, 11:16 PM