The Syndication Examination
I know most of us find the lack of continuity not only baffling, but intolerable. So why do they do this? After talking with my husband last night I have a new culprit to blame. Syndication.

My husband was a casual viewer at most during seasons 1-3. He'd go with me to watch a taping for our date night, and caught an episode here or there, but for the most part he wasn't interested in another one of my "geek shows". It wasn't until syndication came along that he began to watch them and realized he loved the show (now he can't miss it and even if we're not watching it BBT is on from 7-8pm in our house). So last night I was trying to find out why the continuity didn't bother him and he said it was because he started watching it in syndication and there is no continuity watching that way. (You turn the TV on and a show from season 1 is playing, you turn the channel 1/2 hour later a watch an episode from season 4).

So is syndication to blame for writers getting lazy? Is it cause they know the show got really popular after it started in syndication and that those people aren't watching episodes in order (and when they are, it's butchered for more commercials), so it gives them a pass when writing cause most of the people (8-13 million) watching now aren't expecting or don't care about continuity?

Just wanted to get your thoughts.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, lewstonewar

Messages In This Thread
The Syndication Examination - by Nutz - 05-06-2014, 01:59 AM
RE: The Syndication Examination - by lewstonewar - 05-06-2014, 05:22 AM
RE: The Syndication Examination - by Nutz - 05-06-2014, 10:57 AM
RE: The Syndication Examination - by devilbk - 05-06-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: The Syndication Examination - by Nutz - 05-06-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: The Syndication Examination - by Wisp - 05-06-2014, 02:45 PM