Multi-shipping
Quote:I have read very good stories that have given me sufficient evidence of Sheldon/Penny romantic but not sexual, Sheldon/Penny w/sex, Penny/Raj, Raj/AFF.

Yes. That's not the type of multi-shipping I object to. One *can* make almost anything plausible, emphasis on the *almost.* Fanfiction offers us limitless possibilities, and I don't begrudge anyone the chance to see scenarios which would never be shown in canon...

What bugs me are people who seem to be throwing characters together randomly just for shock value or attention or just because they can, and people who seem to think that multi-shipping is some type of accomplishment and makes them special.

While one can be interested in many different ships, I find it hard to believe that a person considers *all* of those ships equally valid, equally plausible, etc. But that's just my gut reaction.

It's about time for me to divulge that I ship Howard/Raj in a shippy way, too, not just a platonic friendship way, but I'm okay with that remaining in the realm of fandom and I wouldn't expect, or even necessarily *want*, to see that become fully canon.

Quote:I would rather have Sheldon single too, than any kind of ship which demoralised him and that includes Shenny.

See, that's the key point. You're not rigid in your thinking. You value Sheldon as an individual first, and the ship comes second. The problems begin when fans value a ship so much more than they value the characters as individuals. The ship takes on a life of its own...

While I myself am not deeply invested in Shenny, I can respect the fact that Shenny shippers, on the whole, see Sheldon as a person, and not just a faceless place-holder in some romantic scenario...

Messages In This Thread
Multi-shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: Shipping - by Idle Miscreant - 09-11-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: Shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by Tuesday Pajamas - 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by lewstonewar - 09-11-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 09:30 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by Tuesday Pajamas - 09-12-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-13-2014, 12:24 AM