Multi-shipping
" find romantic plotlines generally predictable, cheap, shallow, dull."

Like you, I would prefer to see no long-term relationships on the show itself, and keep romance in the realm of fanfiction, imagination, and speculation. But I still have strong opinions about it, heh Tongue

Like I've said before, I like romance, but I generally like it better in books than visual media, and I hate romcom tropes, cliches, and stereotypes. IMO weddings or other set-in-stone relationships are simply not suitable for the sitcom genre. And any "love interest" character who sticks around for more than, say, half a season, will start to bog down the show...

It makes me feel like I'm being sort of uncharitable and cranky to say "don't multi-ship", because what people write or read in fanfiction has little effect on me. Unless, of course, it starts to crowd-out the types of themes or stories that I *would* like to see. What actually bothers me, I think, are people who claim the title "multi-shipper" like it's some type of an accomplishment to make as many different combinations of characters as possible. I suspect they think they're more creative or more open-minded than those who don't.

And I'm not even saying "Don't multi-ship"; I certainly can't tell other people what to do, just that my personal and admittedly biased reaction is to find it silly, illogical, and a bit disingenuous.

Messages In This Thread
Multi-shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: Shipping - by Idle Miscreant - 09-11-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: Shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by Tuesday Pajamas - 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by lewstonewar - 09-11-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by Louise - 09-11-2014, 09:30 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by Tuesday Pajamas - 09-12-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: Multi-shipping - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-13-2014, 12:24 AM