10 Years Later: 1.12 The Jerusalem Duality
Sorry I’m late with getting this out.

Season 1, Episode 12 - The Jerusalem Duality (First Aired on April 14, 2008)

[Image: 4a28b8e864e1ee4cc6dc84a2c94fb208.jpg]

With Sheldon rattled and impossible to be around after meeting Dennis, a 15-year-old physicist who's smarter than he, the rest of the guys search for a way to eliminate the threat.

Canon Facts:
  • The first episode to feature a scene shot outside
  • First time Sheldon’s office is shown
  • First time the CalTech CafeTeri a is shown
  • We learn Howard has been at his lab for three years
Read Major Gripes recap on this episode Here

Favorite Scenes/Quotes:

Sheldon: Here's the problem with teleportation. 
Leonard: Lay it on me. 
Sheldon: Assuming a device could be invented, which would identify the quantum state of matter of an individual in one location and transmit that pattern to a distant location for reassembly, you would not have actually transported the individual; you would have destroyed him in one location and recreated him in another. 
Leonard: How about that. 
Sheldon: Personally, I would never use a transporter, because the original Sheldon would have to be disintegrated in order to create a new Sheldon. 
Leonard: Would the new Sheldon be in any way an improvement on the old Sheldon? 
Sheldon: No, he would be exactly the same. 
Leonard: That is a problem.
Blossom 
Sheldon: So! This is engineering, huh? 
Howard: [on phone] I'll talk to you later. 
Sheldon: Engineering, where the noble semi-skilled laborers execute the vision of those who think and dream. Hello, Oompa Loompas of science!
Blossom
Howard: Sheldon, there's a diploma in my office that says I have a masters in engineering. 
Sheldon: And you also have a note from your mother that says "I love you, Bubbeleh". But neither of those is a cogent argument for titanium over nanotubes.

Blossom
Howard: Smart is the new sexy. 
Leonard: Then why do we go home alone every night? We're still smart. 
Rajesh: Maybe we're too smart... so smart it's off-putting. 
Howard: Yeah, let's go with that.
Blossom
Penny: (opening door): Oh, hey guys, what’s up?
Howard: We need a hot fifteen year-old Asian girl with a thing for smart guys.
Penny: What?
Leonard: Howard, that’s racist, any fifteen year-old girl will do the trick. (Penny slams door.)
Raj: It’s possible she may have misunderstood us.
Blossom
Sheldon: While Mr. Kim, by virtue of his youth and naiveté, has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact, let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted, and that social relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
"Sheldon: While Mr. Kim, by virtue of his youth and naiveté, has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact, let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted, and that social relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me."

Until the introduction of The Hag. Then Sheldon became Dennis Kim. Sad
The following 3 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Nutz, Jenger, CTR69
(04-22-2018, 04:31 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: "Sheldon: While Mr. Kim, by virtue of his youth and naiveté, has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact, let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted, and that social relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me."

Until the introduction of The Hag. Then Sheldon became Dennis Kim. Sad

I love that quote. Its so anti-establishment in an amusing way and my favourite moment of the episode. Have to say, this is not one of my fave episodes though, as I don't like seeing Sheldon lose his marbles over some little upstart. Big Grin
(04-22-2018, 04:33 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I love that quote. Its so anti-establishment in an amusing way and my favourite moment of the episode. Have to say, this is not one of my fave episodes though, as I don't like seeing Sheldon lose his marbles over some little upstart. Big Grin

I love that quote as well because it is just so Sheldon, but I don't like this episode because if you think about what they did for even a minute, you realize that they destroyed Dennis' future.  What if his family needed him to do this?  What if he could have solved the mysteries of the universe?  The guys basically decide that they don't want to try and help Sheldon another way, they just decide that they'll ruin Dennis instead.  And then at the end, they all think Dennis is the winner...not cool.  Also, don't like Sheldon's behavior, either.  

I wonder if this is what they thought of when they decided to set Sheldon up on the online dating website?

Of all the episodes in season 1, this is my least favorite.
The following 1 user Likes Jenger's post:
  • Jela