Shenny HQ
20.20 The Decision Reverberation - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 12 - The last Huzzah! (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Thread: 20.20 The Decision Reverberation (/showthread.php?tid=741)

20.20 The Decision Reverberation - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-22-2019

Thursday 21st Taping. 

Airs April 11, 2019. 

Taken from the other site.

"The episode opens with The gang on the couch, similar.  They were discussing what movie to go to and where/when to eat dinner. Everyone had an opinion and Leonard did not want to eat late at night. Sheldon argued with him, Leonard caved and the entire group told him he as "satisfier", as someone who does whatever anyone else wants to take the least path of resistance.  Afterwards, Penny continued to push Leonard to see that the group is correct and to start doing what makes him happy, and to not take penny's feelings into account for things he wants to do.

So, Penny tells Leonard to pick an activity, and he struggles with that. He also shows Sheldon the "new strong" Leo and takes a new way to work (or home, or somewhere, I don't remember) which frightens Sheldon.

What the real Pivot point of the episode in my opinion was that Leonard feels his job is inadequate, and he is unhappy. He writes a proposal to President Siebert (spelling) about leading up a plasma physics team, and he was not willing to take no for answer even if that meant leaving the university.  Penny found out and was rather upset, as any wife would when her husbands job might be in jeopardy and he argues with her about it.

In the end, President siebert said no and Leonard walked out.

The show ended with Penny discussing what happened with Leonard and it was revealed that after Leonard walked out, Siebert said they didn't want to loose him so gave him a Co-lead position on a different "study" (don't remember what is was about).  Leonard was happy with that and that he stood up for himself."

RE: 20.20 The Inspiration Deprivation - Nostalgia - 03-23-2019

(03-22-2019, 11:22 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Thursday 21st Taping. 

Airs April 11, 2019. 

Taken from the other site.

"The episode opens with The gang on the couch, similar.  They were discussing what movie to go to and where/when to eat dinner. Everyone had an opinion and Leonard did not want to eat late at night. Sheldon argued with him, Leonard caved and the entire group told him he as "satisfier", as someone who does whatever anyone else wants to take the least path of resistance.  Afterward, Penny continued to push Leonard to see that the group is correct and to start doing what makes him happy, and to not take penny's feelings into account for things he wants to do.

So, Penny tells Leonard to pick an activity, and he struggles with that. He also shows Sheldon the "new strong" Leo and takes a new way to work (or home, or somewhere, I don't remember) which frightens Sheldon.

What the real Pivot point of the episode, in my opinion, was that Leonard feels his job is inadequate, and he is unhappy. He writes a proposal to President Siebert (spelling) about leading up a plasma physics team, and he was not willing to take no for answer even if that meant leaving the university.  Penny found out and was rather upset, as any wife would when her husband's job might be in jeopardy and he argues with her about it.

In the end, President Siebert said no and Leonard walked out.

The show ended with Penny discussing what happened with Leonard and it was revealed that after Leonard walked out, Siebert said they didn't want to lose him so gave him a Co-lead position on a different "study" (don't remember what it was about).  Leonard was happy with that and that he stood up for himself."

...These are the kinds of episodes they're making today? God, I keep saying the writers can't keep going lower and have to actually make something good for once, but they just seem determined to keep digging futher.

RE: 20.20 The Inspiration Deprivation - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-27-2019

I wonder if the title of this episode represents how the writers feel about this show.

The Inspiration Deprivation

They must all be ready for it to be over. So they can go on to other things, take a break, whatever just not have to write Shamy, Lenny and Howard-friggin-ette forever.

RE: 20.20 The Inspiration Deprivation - Nutz - 03-29-2019

He only has a problem standing up for himself when the writers need him to be. I didn't watch the episode, but I know Penny had a problem with him having a baby with Zack's wife. But he still did it and tried to make Penny feel guilty about not wanting a baby with him while doing it

RE: 20.20 The Inspiration Deprivation - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-30-2019

(03-29-2019, 05:23 AM)Nutz Wrote: He only has a problem standing up for himself when the writers need him to be. I didn't watch the episode, but I know Penny had a problem with him having a baby with Zack's wife. But he still did it and tried to make Penny feel guilty about not wanting a baby with him while doing it

Ugh! Penny needs to find someone better. Even if its not Sheldon.

RE: 20.20 The Inspiration Deprivation - Ratman77 - 03-30-2019

"Nostalgia" Wrote:

"...These are the kinds of episodes they're making today? God, I keep saying the writers can't keep going lower and have to actually make something good for once, but they just seem determined to keep digging futher. "

"Tuesday Pajamas" Wrote:

"They must all be ready for it to be over. So they can go on to other things, take a break, whatever just not have to write Shamy, Lenny and Howard-friggin-ette forever."

Hello!

Your two comments have inspired me again for a comparison (you know, my fatal weakness). Blush

I remembered an interview with a journalist (I can't remember the name but the interview) about the demise of the "Soviet-Union" and especially about the nature of the last phase of its exixstence.

"It was only all about to extend this last phase without admitting that something went wrong."

Interviewer: "And why?"

"Because otherwise they would had to admit that all the previous years, investment and efforts had failed, were for nothing."

Well, and the same I believe to see at this phase of "TBBT". I cannot imagine that the producers and writers did not realize that they ruined their series and characters. But they never would admit it.(especially not because they have earned a lot of money with it.....while sacrificing creativity, innovation and originality.)

Instead they try to extend this last phase of the show, filling it with trivialities and a defiant "business as usual"-kind, always the near end in mind.
The "U.S.S.R." was an failed experiment, a political utopy which could not work. "TBBT" was a television-experimet, which exelent worked with its vintage-concept and then deliberately ruined.

The end is te same.
The lust has vanished, the enthusiasm has passed. What is left is stubborn dutifulness.

It is a shame that "The Big Bang Theory" ends like the "Soviet-Union".

RE: 20.20 The Decision Reverberation - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-26-2019

Losing track of this shite. Episode 20.20 airs on 2nd May.

"Koothrappali is worried people won’t take him seriously in his own field after publishing a paper that suggests he may have discovered alien life. Also, Leonard wants to be the principal investigator on a plasma physics study."

RE: 20.20 The Decision Reverberation - CTR69 - 05-02-2019

Lenny relationship in a nutshell. I don't think sex should be the only thing that's holding two people together. Isn't this how friends with benefits operate? It's like Leonard got the toy he wanted, but now he doesn't know what to do with it. Leonard never had feelings for Penny, he just wanted to hit that. And Penny never had feelings for his as well, she wanted to remain friends.

RE: 20.20 The Decision Reverberation - Nostalgia - 05-03-2019

(05-02-2019, 11:47 PM)CTR69 Wrote: Lenny relationship in a nutshell. I don't think sex should be the only thing that's holding two people together. Isn't this how friends with benefits operate? It's like Leonard got the toy he wanted, but now he doesn't know what to do with it. Leonard never had feelings for Penny, he just wanted to hit that. And Penny never had feelings for his as well, she wanted to remain friends.

Unfortunately for us, Lorre and Prady decided Leonard needed his toy over everything else. The same could be said for Amy as well. Leonard was the weakest part of the show, but Amy was its death knell.