Shenny HQ
11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 11 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation (/showthread.php?tid=669)

Pages: 1 2

11.13 The Solo Oscillation - CTR69 - 12-29-2017

When Sheldon kicks Amy out to work solo, she and Leonard bond during a series of science experiments. Also, Bert the geologist replaces Wolowitz in the band Footprints on the Moon, and Sheldon finds Penny a surprising source of scientific inspiration.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/the-big-bang-theory-episode-1113-solo.html

[Image: 1xhcgJH.jpg]

Moments like this I wish for Kramer to set the record straight

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Tuesday Pajamas - 12-30-2017

Be interesting to see if TBTP can even write a Shenny scene anymore. It's not been great the last few years, they either just don't write anything or its all about Amy. ALL the Shenny scenes from S8 onwards have been Shamy focussed somehow.

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Tuesday Pajamas - 12-30-2017

Looks a little like The Gorilla Experiment.

[Image: EVTNJJw.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Shellsyke - 01-11-2018

https://youtu.be/GKgpxt25oT0

Cute Shenny moments here!

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Tuesday Pajamas - 01-11-2018

For those who can't view non-US links.

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Shellsyke - 01-12-2018

The Shenny scenes were pretty good. Loved Penny being all, "yeah, I just helped Sheldon solve string theory" to Leonard and Amy. There were elements that felt like the days of yore. For one thing, Sheldon's voice sounded less twang-y and more like it was in the early seasons. It also felt like the early season episodes where Penny tried to help Sheldon out with a social problem, except that this time she was helping him out with string theory. He still obviously knew more than her, to be sure, but he didn't hold that over her head. And, he actually seemed to respect her input. There were elements of the vintage Shenny, except that Sheldon was more willing to include Penny and Penny was more willing to participate in science. There must have been some rogue pro-Shenny writer involved with this episode.

I actually liked Leonard and Amy together too.

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Tuesday Pajamas - 01-12-2018

I just had to check the writers after your post, although I'm yet to see the entire episode.

Chuck Lorre, Steve Holland & Anthony Del Broccolo. Chuck gets a mention no matter what, as he's a creator, and Holland is showrunner so I'm thinking our rogue (if there is one)  is Broccolo. Soft Kitty

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - CTR69 - 01-13-2018

Shenny again proved the most interesting pair in the episode. While Lemy played around with silly school projects and sidekicks were trying to be a band, Shenny did great with the limited amount of screen time they had.

Penny kept her out-of-the-box approach and ideas and Sheldon always liked to talk to her about his work or teach her stuff. She didn't find it boring or dumb and Sheldon needed someone to casually spill his ideas out. Penny was a great listener, she would be of great help, if she'd let Sheldon say out loud everything that's bothering him. She remains the only person in the world with whom Sheldon can be completely honest ("If I'm being honest..." he never said that to anyone) and open, without getting mocked or gossiped afterwards. He needs much more of that. He never gets to talk to anyone about his work.

It's like she can listen to Sheldon with much more enthusiasm, tries to get him, understand his work and brainstorm new ideas. If Leonard told her the same things, it wouldn't work the same, IMO. He lacks the enthusiasm when talking to her about science.

Her triple-knock and "Interesting..." were good little details. If she'd spend more time with Sheldon, she'd become more like him.

The only "problem" I found was, Sheldon didn't have that teacher stance, like in the Gorilla Experiment. He lacked that confidence and badass know-it-all attitude from the Worksong. He was too casual and girly.

Lamy underestimates Penny way too much. When Penny is alone with them, they're almost bullies. Leonard always sides with Amy to mock Penny. That's the vibe I got from them, so the ending was very satisfying, when she stunned them both.
"Oh Penny, you're so dumb. You will never understand string theory. Go back to being just a pretty face and leave science to us, mkay?"

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - Shellsyke - 01-13-2018

(01-13-2018, 02:55 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Shenny again proved the most interesting pair in the episode. While Lemy played around with silly school projects and sidekicks were trying to be a band, Shenny did great with the limited amount of screen time they had.

Penny kept her out-of-the-box approach and ideas and Sheldon always liked to talk to her about his work or teach her stuff. She didn't find it boring or dumb and Sheldon needed someone to casually spill his ideas out. Penny was a great listener, she would be of great help, if she'd let Sheldon say out loud everything that's bothering him. She remains the only person in the world with whom Sheldon can be completely honest ("If I'm being honest..." he never said that to anyone) and open, without getting mocked or gossiped afterwards. He needs much more of that. He never gets to talk to anyone about his work.

It's like she can listen to Sheldon with much more enthusiasm, tries to get him, understand his work and brainstorm new ideas. If Leonard told her the same things, it wouldn't work the same, IMO. He lacks the enthusiasm when talking to her about science.

Her triple-knock and "Interesting..." were good little details. If she'd spend more time with Sheldon, she'd become more like him.

The only "problem" I found was, Sheldon didn't have that teacher stance, like in the Gorilla Experiment. He lacked that confidence and badass know-it-all attitude from the Worksong. He was too casual and girly.

Lamy underestimates Penny way too much. When Penny is alone with them, they're almost bullies. Leonard always sides with Amy to mock Penny. That's the vibe I got from them, so the ending was very satisfying, when she stunned them both.
"Oh Penny, you're so dumb. You will never understand string theory. Go back to being just a pretty face and leave science to us, mkay?"

I generally agree with this, except I don't have a problem with the "loss" of the know-it-all attitude because I don't really perceive it as a loss as much as a "hey, I'm open to hearing other things" type of growth. In that moment when Penny was about to state something regarding String Theory, Sheldon was looking at her like he was all ears - like he sincerely wanted to know what she thought. He did not look dismissive AT ALL just because she had a community college degree (or did she drop out, I can't remember). While she ultimately deflected to Sheldon, given their past history and what Sheldon knows about Penny, I wouldn't expect Sheldon to do that with her as much as say, Amy, or even Leonard or the other guys. THAT to me marks growth in Sheldon and for that I believe it is OK if Sheldon didn't come off like a badass know-it-all, at least to Penny.

RE: 11.13 The Solo Oscillation - CTR69 - 01-13-2018

That moment was perfect, when he caught his enthusiasm and went to the board to explain. That was the old Gorilla teacher Sheldon. I meant more on the beginnings, leading to that point, those were silly in comparison, how he fainted and that. This part could use more of old Sheldon as well, instead of the childish new Sheldon, but we can't have everything.

When Sheldon talks to Penny about 11 dimensions and relativity equations, this is something Leonard would never do for her. Sheldon never underestimated her in the end, they were equals. It was great to see them talking smart and serious, revealing their potential. They act differently around one another, than how they do around others, this has always been the case.

What if Penny became more like Sheldon, would Leonard notice? Schedules, being smart and confident, making fun of his work, triple knocks, cleaning,... Cos by the end, I noticed a bit of Sheldon in her.