Shenny HQ
Sheldor the Conqueror - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Geniuses and their friend Howard (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sheldor the Conqueror (/showthread.php?tid=65)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Trust No One - 02-08-2014

(02-08-2014, 12:40 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: Dr. Sheldon Cooper RIP. You've now become Dennis Kim.

Might need to change the title to Sheldor the Conquered. Sad

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - FlyingMonkey - 02-09-2014

Sheldon was the type of character who comes along once, maybe twice, in a generation. Now he's a silly, clueless cartoon character being manipulated by an angry, bitter woman who declares she deserves to be loved.

Anyone want to bet that he now becomes a horndog who just can't get enough kissing? Just pull out the old be-careful-what-you-wish-for script, plug in Sheldon & Amy and milk it for a few episodes. The writers aren't even trying anymore.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Trust No One - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 02:20 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: Sheldon was the type of character who comes along once, maybe twice, in a generation. Now he's a silly, clueless cartoon character being manipulated by an angry, bitter woman who declares she deserves to be loved.

Anyone want to bet that he now becomes a horndog who just can't get enough kissing? Just pull out the old be-careful-what-you-wish-for script, plug in Sheldon & Amy and milk it for a few episodes. The writers aren't even trying anymore.

Maybe Penny will now show interest in Sheldon since he will be just like all the other guys? Poor Kaley will have a tougher time shooting down the Shenny. Tongue

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Jislane35 - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 02:20 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: Sheldon was the type of character who comes along once, maybe twice, in a generation. Now he's a silly, clueless cartoon character being manipulated by an angry, bitter woman who declares she deserves to be loved.

Yup. I have a feeling that they'll be using cliche plot lines that deal with Sheldon falling more for Amy by: becoming jealous if a guy hits on Amy and she's actually impressed by him (she may even take advantage of making Sheldon jealous); Sheldon believed he could handle a breakup but soon becomes miserable when she really does leave him (she may even do it as a way of teaching him a lesson for him to realize that that'll be the 'biggest mistake' he'll end up regretting) and or he leaves her; Amy tries to 'help' him socialize more or coaxes him for them to go out more and when he argues it pisses her off, the gang scold Sheldon and he rushes after in order to apology cause he's afraid of losing ger; Amy probably helps him with something big at work and he'll be extremely grateful to her for it; Amy and Sheldon end up having fun on a trip/game together and he then decides that it's be fine to have her move in with him; Amy or Sheldon both leave for a 2-3 month trip and they end up missing each other terribly; Amy does something for him that involves one of his hobbies and he thanks her with a kiss or something more; and lastly Amy finally meets the entire Cooper family who soon end up loving her and either Memaw or Mary tell Sheldon that Amy is the 'best thing that ever happened to him' so he better hold on to her tight.

ALL of these scenarios will be leading to Sheldon becoming more and more normal (boring) and before you know it he's been deflowered and will end up asking himself "Why didn't I try this sooner?!! It felt amazing and I was a fool to think otherwise!"

Ugh my head hurts just thinking about it. The gang will be there to back Amy up whenever Sheldon 'rebels' against her own wishes *sigh* it's all so predictable really and no doubt that this guy is gonna end up telling her he 'loves' her first and asking for her hand in marriage and believe that their progeny will rule the world.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - ricardo shillyshally - 02-10-2014

I've stopped watching TBBT and most TV, because it's too predictable. That's why Sheldon(and Stewie) stand out for me; both being highly intelligent and unique. I never really knew what they were going to say or do next, and that unpredictability made them interesting and hilarious(slight shock value!). Plus Sheldon is the only character, I can personally relate to.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Jislane35 - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 03:02 AM)pilot fish Wrote: I've stopped watching TBBT and most TV, because it's too predictable. That's why Sheldon(and Stewie) stand out for me; both being highly intelligent and unique. I never really knew what they were going to say or do next, and that unpredictability made them interesting and hilarious(slight shock value!). Plus Sheldon is the only character, I can personally relate to.

I agree this show become utterly predictable along with the rest of TV which is why I rarely turn it on anymore and I'll bet it's hard to recognize or even relate with this current Sheldon anymore huh?

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - FlyingMonkey - 02-10-2014

(02-09-2014, 05:19 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: Yup. I have a feeling that they'll be using cliche plot lines that deal with Sheldon falling more for Amy by: becoming jealous if a guy hits on Amy and she's actually impressed by him (she may even take advantage of making Sheldon jealous); Sheldon believed he could handle a breakup but soon becomes miserable when she really does leave him (she may even do it as a way of teaching him a lesson for him to realize that that'll be the 'biggest mistake' he'll end up regretting) and or he leaves her; Amy tries to 'help' him socialize more or coaxes him for them to go out more and when he argues it pisses her off, the gang scold Sheldon and he rushes after in order to apology cause he's afraid of losing ger; Amy probably helps him with something big at work and he'll be extremely grateful to her for it; Amy and Sheldon end up having fun on a trip/game together and he then decides that it's be fine to have her move in with him; Amy or Sheldon both leave for a 2-3 month trip and they end up missing each other terribly; Amy does something for him that involves one of his hobbies and he thanks her with a kiss or something more; and lastly Amy finally meets the entire Cooper family who soon end up loving her and either Memaw or Mary tell Sheldon that Amy is the 'best thing that ever happened to him' so he better hold on to her tight.

ALL of these scenarios will be leading to Sheldon becoming more and more normal (boring) and before you know it he's been deflowered and will end up asking himself "Why didn't I try this sooner?!! It felt amazing and I was a fool to think otherwise!"

Ugh my head hurts just thinking about it. The gang will be there to back Amy up whenever Sheldon 'rebels' against her own wishes *sigh* it's all so predictable really and no doubt that this guy is gonna end up telling her he 'loves' her first and asking for her hand in marriage and believe that their progeny will rule the world.

You've pretty much pegged it. And to think that the writers are getting paid for churning out what is completely predictable to amateurs like us.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Jislane35 - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 03:40 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: You've pretty much pegged it. And to think that the writers are getting paid for churning out what is completely predictable to amateurs like us.

Exactly, if 'amateurs' such as ourselves are easily able to predict the whole ending to a sitcom THREE seasons before it ends? Then you already KNOW that they're doing something wrong. VERY wrong. All of these moments are going to lead to Sheldon thinking back to everything Amy has 'taught' him over these past 3-4 years and why they have 'benefited' him but instead of feeling appalled and offended by it (like he will in 7.16) he'll out of nowhere feel grateful for everything she's 'sacrificed' for him and all because she 'loved' him. Ugh no the woman hasn't been làid at all in her life and is thirsty as hell!

Soooooo in other words he's being changed for the sake of finally being able to participate in intercourse that way he'd be considered normal by having an actual sex life and girlfriend like the rest of the crew abd thats it 'totally fine' to be like everybody else. That was the sole purpose for his 'character growth' and being awarded with THE Nobel Prize is now the last thing on Sheldon's mind with trains being the first? Amazingly CHEAP material right there and the writers saying that they're taking 'baby steps' with him is NOT going to cut it.

All of the potential for his career has been passed down to Leonard so for all we know they might give the award to him instead in order to 'catch us by surprise' and thanks to Amy's training Sheldon will learn to keep his temper and congratulate Leonard saying that he 'deserved it more than he ever did'. So Leonard gets BOTH the award for youngest physicist and THE girl (who may or may not have a good career by the end of the whole series) while Sheldon gets the girl and........Well that's just about it. I guess the other could be normalcy but that doesn't exactly count in my book. We don't know if he'd still be able to put anymore passion into his work because its all been drained out of him for Amy which is the exact reason why having a relationship would be a distraction for him.

And what's worse is that I can't even remember the last time Amy has ever said anything nice about Sheldon or what she enjoys the most about him....she just likes him because she likes him. WHAT?! Does that make any sense? Does she even admire hîs intelligence anymore? But most importantly if Sheldon was just an averagely smart guy would she still find any sort of interest in him? The same with Leonard, would he have bothered with Penny if she wasn't so gorgeous? My answer to both of those two questions is a big fat NO. Because they don't like Shelly and Penny for who they truly are as people. And I have NO doubt that they'll have Penny say how Leonard has helped her overcome her fear of commitment, realize what 'real love', is and how she's been able to give him 'more than just sex' unlike every other guy she's dated. Oh please. See how it's all about everything that Amy and Leonard have taught them but NEVER on what Sheldon and Penny have benefited or offered to them because they're 'selfish'? My goodness!

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Wisp - 02-10-2014

(02-08-2014, 12:22 AM)FranEssi Wrote: I agree with this:

I don't know what's going on anymore either. I just don't know how to justify and to make sense of this huge shift in the character. Prior to this kiss, Sheldon had almost consistently been portrayed as asexual and as someone uninterested in - and even repulsed by - sex, touch and romantic nonsense. In this episode, while I agree that he WAS pushed to it, he initiates a kiss with Amy, lingers on and seems to have enjoyed it. This is a huge change from the Sheldon they have been showing to us since the beginning of the show up to this kiss.

The act - and its aftermath - was OOC and confusing, to me anyway. Jim was beautiful though. That was the only good thing about it.

What prevents me from believing or acknowledging the "chemistry" between the Shamy is the fact that TPTB blatantly slotted in this notion out of nowhere that Sheldon would be interested in romance and sex. It's a complete mutation.

(02-10-2014, 03:02 AM)pilot fish Wrote: I've stopped watching TBBT and most TV, because it's too predictable. That's why Sheldon(and Stewie) stand out for me; both being highly intelligent and unique. I never really knew what they were going to say or do next, and that unpredictability made them interesting and hilarious(slight shock value!). Plus Sheldon is the only character, I can personally relate to.

Yes, I've always drawn mirth and empathy from characters that surprise, confuse the masses and sometimes even unsettle...

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Idle Miscreant - 02-10-2014

The whole discrepancy between what Sheldon IS and what a large number of Normalists WANT him to be (a large and loud enough number that TPTB can't help but obey, and thus we get ridiculously out-of-place, OOC scenes like the one they plonked down in front of us with no preamble or warning the other day) is nicely illustrated by this comic. Poor Tesla.

[Image: teslafinal.png]