Shenny HQ
Sheldor the Conqueror - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Geniuses and their friend Howard (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sheldor the Conqueror (/showthread.php?tid=65)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Idle Miscreant - 01-30-2014

It’s the dignified and comfortably aloof observer of society’s foibles that I miss the most. We haven’t seen this expression and stance since the fourth season.

[Image: tumblr_mh1ku7svQj1qghwxto1_500.gif]

Whether he’s being mournfully pessimistic, repulsed or bewildered by society, it was always his detached presence and outsider status that leant a certain gravitas and validity to his opinions.
He has now BECOME a member of the society he once held in disdain, and is no longer interested in observing it. Which rather renders his purpose moot, as far as I’m concerned. If he’s no longer an Outsider offering a unique perspective, no longer one of the finest minds of his generation, no longer distinguishable from the 99% of the world who allow “romantic” entanglements to dictate their actions, and above all, no longer single-mindedly in pursuit of scientific truth, and enamoured of its beauty alone, then what the devil is his Point?
Strip him of these things and he’s just an ordinary man, and nowadays a rather irritating, wholly selfish one, with no redeeming virtues whatever. Along with all his idiosyncrasies (routines, 0000, food specifications, germ phobia, font of factoids, not to mention all his specific mannerisms) they appear to have removed his charm and loyalty as well, to say nothing of his emotional regression. In essence, Sheldon has had his higher circuits removed. What’s left is a dithering imbecile, with a few dwindling scraps of Self.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - SpaceAnJL - 01-30-2014

Yeah, the episode where Sheldon ends up rocking in the corner and singing 'Daisy, Daisy...' is definitely coming.

(Incidentally, the evil controlling supercomputer in 'I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream' was called AM. There's also a character called Benny, who was once a brilliant, handsome scientist, who has been mutilated and transformed by AM so that he resembles a grotesque simian with gigantic sexual organs. Benny at some point lost his sanity completely and regressed to a childlike temperament. Sound familiar?)

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Tuesday Pajamas - 01-30-2014

(01-30-2014, 07:50 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mh1ku7svQj1qghwxto1_500.gif]

Thanks Gripe. This gif represents the finest time period of this character. All hail Sheldor!

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - FranEssi - 01-30-2014

(01-30-2014, 07:20 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Yeah, the episode where Sheldon ends up rocking in the corner and singing 'Daisy, Daisy...' is definitely coming.

I'm afraid this exactly is the kind of image that has been coming to my mind for some time now whenever I try to picture Sheldon's fate and his future.

(01-30-2014, 07:20 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: (Incidentally, the evil controlling supercomputer in 'I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream' was called AM. There's also a character called Benny, who was once a brilliant, handsome scientist, who has been mutilated and transformed by AM so that he resembles a grotesque simian with gigantic sexual organs. Benny at some point lost his sanity completely and regressed to a childlike temperament. Sound familiar?)

I didn't know about this short story so I checked its Wikipedia page, and in the description section for the Benny character it also says, "His former homosexuality has been altered; he now regularly engages in sex with Ellen." Replace 'homosexuality' with 'asexuality' and 'Ellen' with 'Amy' and sadly it seems that the fate of the Benny character is a precise description of Sheldon's future. (Oddly enough, the Ellen character also claimed to "once have been chaste but apparently AM altered her mind so that she became desperate for sexual intercourse...and now she finds pleasure in sex only with Benny, because of his large penis.")

It's as if The Big Bang Theory's writers were taking a lot of their material right out of the dystopian sci-fi stories indeed.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - SpaceAnJL - 01-30-2014

Sadly, there are any number of dystopian/downer ending classics you could drop the characters into. 'Brave New World' is another one - Leonard has always reminded me of Bernard Marx, with Penny as Lenina and Sheldon as John.

I think one thing that bugs us ('us' being the S/P folks on this site) is that we could see the shape of the narrative developing with the concepts used, and then it was deformed and perverted - and not deconstructed, but destroyed.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - Toad - 01-30-2014

More weeping for humanity. Sheldon style.

[Image: wbyyxl.jpg]

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - FlyingMonkey - 01-31-2014

It just occured to me that what they're doing to Sheldon is what they did to Dennis Kim. They're threatened by his intellect so they introduce him to women and his career goes to hell.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - FranEssi - 02-02-2014

Sharing these edits for some lighthearted fun!

Sherlock + Sheldon + Spock
[Image: tumblr_m9yh18Lj7H1rrg7tko1_500.jpg]

And I'm sure you've already seen some of these 'imagine an argument between these people' posters, which always include Sheldon!

[Image: thumb.jpg]

[Image: e316872c3498dd2d8978af7cf75f39b7.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mtjxsoZDYE1qieaeoo1_500.jpg]

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - SpaceAnJL - 02-02-2014

That last poster is hypnotically horrible - I'm trying to work out who would kill who first. The only way it could get worse would be to drop Loki into the mix, too.

RE: Sheldor the Conqueror - FranEssi - 02-02-2014

There is another detective out there (I like him. He is not that snarky but he is funny and smart like Sheldon) that I think Sheldon has things in common and may actually get along with! Adrian Monk. He is intelligent, a bit socially awkward and I'm sure he and Sheldon will be in perfect understanding of - and I guess even enjoying - each other's germphobia, clean/neat-freakiness and other ocd tendencies!

[Image: kijiji-big%2Bbang%2Btheory%2Bapartment.jpg]

[Image: adrian-monk-monk-8541072-377-382.jpg]

[Image: 414ax9GmSEL._SX300_.jpg]