Shenny HQ
Wishful Thinking... - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Mint in Box (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Wishful Thinking... (/showthread.php?tid=42)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-26-2014

I love the throat clearly...

"hhhhhhmmmmmm......Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm!"

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Nutz - 04-28-2014

I would like to see Sheldon trying to figure out relationships and realizing it was Penny who gave him the best gift ever, it was Penny that he hugged first, it was Penny that took care of him and sang Soft Kitty, it was Penny he took care of first and it was Penny he said "I love you too"

Sheldon is socially stunted and him thinking that he's is really in love with Penny because of the above would be realistic. From his thoughts, to his dreams, to his denial, running away from Penny, and then trying to find out ways to stop it while at the same time trying to find out how Penny feels about him could be a very funny storyline and it would be a win/win for TPTB since they can have them end up romantically involved, or they can have Penny talk him through the different types of love and they can end up just best friends.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-28-2014

(04-28-2014, 02:59 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I would like to see Sheldon trying to figure out relationships and realizing it was Penny who gave him the best gift ever, it was Penny that he hugged first, it was Penny that took care of him and sang Soft Kitty, it was Penny he took care of first and it was Penny he said "I love you too"

Sheldon is socially stunted and him thinking that he's is really in love with Penny because of the above would be realistic. From his thoughts, to his dreams, to his denial, running away from Penny, and then trying to find out ways to stop it while at the same time trying to find out how Penny feels about him could be a very funny storyline and it would be a win/win for TPTB since they can have them end up romantically involved, or they can have Penny talk him through the different types of love and they can end up just best friends.

He would work it out on his whiteboard, he often tries to work out which cinema to go too so I can see this happening. Blossom

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Wisp - 04-28-2014

JESUS CHRIST I NEED TO WATCH THAT DREAM EPISODE AGAIN. I discovered 3rd Rock after TBBT. (Thank you mam for mentioning Sally's sneeze. I knew I'd love it from watching that scene alone.) TBBT should have been about the alien(ha!)ation and confusion we've all felt when plunged into unfamiliar circumstances, like another planet, in the case of 3rd Rock, or the apartment of a load of partying people who you've never met. (TBBT) DISCOVERY, PEOPLE. It's a perfect foundation for comedy! They're scientists, for fuck sake. It was like that to begin with as it was about the guys deciphering Penny, and Penny deciphering the guys. All 6 seasons of 3rd rock serve as comprehensive EVIDENCE that a character like Sheldon, Dick, Abed or any otherworldly observer of human interaction can remain lovable and sympathetic. There was absolutely NO NEED for them to do what they did to Sheldon.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-28-2014

(04-28-2014, 06:58 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: JESUS CHRIST I NEED TO WATCH THAT DREAM EPISODE AGAIN. I discovered 3rd Rock after TBBT. (Thank you mam for mentioning Sally's sneeze. I knew I'd love it from watching that scene alone.) TBBT should have been about the alien(ha!)ation and confusion we've all felt when plunged into unfamiliar circumstances, like another planet, in the case of 3rd Rock, or the apartment of a load of partying people who you've never met. (TBBT) DISCOVERY, PEOPLE. It's a perfect foundation for comedy! They're scientists, for fuck sake. It was like that to begin with as it was about the guys deciphering Penny, and Penny deciphering the guys. All 6 seasons of 3rd rock serve as comprehensive EVIDENCE that a character like Sheldon, Dick, Abed or any otherworldly observer of human interaction can remain lovable and sympathetic. There was absolutely NO NEED for them to do what they did to Sheldon.

What surprises me the most is how so many fans just don't get it. They blindly accept that this is growth because the writers say it in interviews, and the characters parrot it back to us in the script. But it's NOT. Sheldon has regressed so much, lost much of his charm and his humour. The entire show is now are pitted against the will of Sheldon, who is presented as a complete fool. I find it so insulting, autonomy and individuality is seen as the enemy. *swearing icon*

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Wisp - 04-29-2014

I would like the show to be bought by someone else, and directed by Joe and Antony Russo. (Based on their directing work for Arrested Development and Community, they're very good) I just want the show to have a completely new creative team. I can't explain how this would happen, or what would happen, but as long as these new writers hated Amy and bogstandard American sitcoms, we might make some progress and pull the show out of it's own arse long enough to end it on some sort of high. If I had the almighty power to swoop in, buy the show and magically fix it, season 8 would reveal where the real Sheldon is, Penny would be ACTUALLY SHOWN AUDITIONING FOR ROLES N'STUFF. Tobias Funke's audition for ther fire sale in Arrested Development was enough to explain once and for all why he's not having much success with his acting career. It's also very funny. (sorry for the bad quality) I'd like some alone side adventures for a character on the show for once. They don't have to be in a clump all the time.

Leonard would meet Stephanie again and Amy would "accidentally" fall down (be pulled into) the elevator shaft into the mandibles of the real Sheldon, who secretly mutated into a giant praying mantis down there 3 years ago.

If I was in control of TBBT, I can assure you it would be an even mixture of strange, grounded and EMOTIONALLY SATISFYING. And there would be a lot more about the mythology of past tenants, the elevator and Howard's escapades in space. Bernadette would maybe still be in the show, but she'd actually be a person, which she currently... isn't. There would also be "existential Stuart tags" at the end of any episode where Stuart appears. And no Raj selective mutism "cure" (showing him with a beer in his hand, then magically phasing it out) because that's crap. I always wondered why we didn't get more Raj inner monologues. The bit where Penny hugs him and he starts singing an Indian lullaby in his head was so cute and could have been a nice running joke. I love inner monologues.

[Image: 200_s.gif]

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Berliner - 05-12-2014

I think I had an epiphany today (could be very well be the case somone else mentioned it before): They guys know each other about 10 years, right? So how about showing us the (-)3 years before? Some smart producers should pick up the idea. I'd certainly watch it, even without Penny.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Wisp - 05-21-2014

(05-12-2014, 06:36 AM)Berliner Wrote: I think I had an epiphany today (could be very well be the case somone else mentioned it before): They guys know each other about 10 years, right? So how about showing us the (-)3 years before? Some smart producers should pick up the idea. I'd certainly watch it, even without Penny.

I think that should be the last 3 seasons right there. You're onto something, Berliner. There should have been a moment at the end of s7 that where the characters came together and discussed how they've changed over the years. "Remember what life was like before this apartment?" By the time season 8 has started, we see what life was like. Half Leonard, Howard and Raj escapades, half Sheldon doing whatever he was doing at the time in the apartment and at work (maybe with some missed connections moments where the guys walk past Sheldon or something, but not mawkishly or obviously done) trying to get to the bottom of each of his roommates' midnight disappearances in the night, but in the end not really caring when they don't come back. (DIE SHELDON DIE) The 10th season ends with an episode that echos the pilot, and the last scene is Leonard and Sheldon noticing Penny across the hall. I always think when you wrap up a show that has come to its end you should close it with scenes/lines reminiscent of the first time you meet the characters, for a poignant end.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - ricardo shillyshally - 05-22-2014

As you know there's talk about TBBT being sexist, or a pro-feminist programme. There's talk about TBBT being racist, or is it ironic? Is the show fattist? It does seem ironic, in the West obesity is in the news, but not shown on TBBT! (Penny's mother is overweight. Sheldon mentioned it when she was stealing his dumplings. Sheldon's father was overweight, and needed an extra large coffin).

This is famously the only time we see Howard's mother, why?

RE: Wishful Thinking... - devilbk - 05-23-2014

(05-22-2014, 10:56 PM)pilot fish Wrote: As you know there's talk about TBBT being sexist, or a pro-feminist programme. There's talk about TBBT being racist, or is it ironic? Is the show fattist? It does seem ironic, in the West obesity is in the news, but not shown on TBBT! (Penny's mother is overweight. Sheldon mentioned it when she was stealing his dumplings. Sheldon's father was overweight, and needed an extra large coffin).

This is famously the only time we see Howard's mother, why?

And have you taken a good look at Leonard lately? He's looking a little hefty. And I think the more appropriate term would be sizeist.