Shenny HQ
Wishful Thinking... - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Mint in Box (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Wishful Thinking... (/showthread.php?tid=42)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Idle Miscreant - 08-20-2014

(08-20-2014, 06:16 PM)Louise Wrote: What if Sheldon's wormhole/portal/thingie in that one episode turned out to be real? I'm all for it.

Also, Sheldon should have a pet turtle named Shelldon XD

I had such hopes for Sheldon to follow the mad scientist route...That plaid suit was the seed of full-blown adult eccentricity, if they wanted to drop the Sheldonian uniform as Parsons matured.

A combination of Dick Solomon and Emmett L Brown, with a hefty splash of Tesla. His efforts to understand/take over the world and humanity (depending on mood) could be the focus of every episode, like Gilligan trying to get off the bloody island. He's already semi-cartoon, so the practical everyday feasibility of his existence shouldn't matter.

Make him a man who lives in his imagination, and have the other characters act it out. Have him learn about humanity slowly, but LET IT NOT ALTER HIS ESSENTIAL CHARACTER. He should always be the still, calm eye of the hurricane, observing all the pointless fluster, not drawn in and sucked under, spat out into a field of trash and humiliation.

The Sheldon we've been watching these past few years is a pitiable fool. He's almost unrecognisable. The taping reports from 8.1 & 8.2 have been illuminating. We were hoping they'd changed him back to his purposeful self, but we have to let him go. He's not our chap anymore. He's just a mockery and a cheap buffoon. It's bloody heartbreaking.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Louise - 08-20-2014

(08-20-2014, 06:37 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: SHELL-don? Love this idea.

Can you picture him interacting with a turtle? I can!

RE: Wishful Thinking... - devilbk - 08-20-2014

They've turned Sheldon into a rudderless clown, the butt of AFF's horndog jokes.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Louise - 08-20-2014

(08-20-2014, 06:48 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: I had such hopes for Sheldon to follow the mad scientist route...That plaid suit was the seed of full-blown adult eccentricity, if they wanted to drop the Sheldonian uniform as Parsons matured.

A combination of Dick Solomon and Emmett L Brown, with a hefty splash of Tesla. His efforts to understand/take over the world and humanity (depending on mood) could be the focus of every episode, like Gilligan trying to get off the bloody island. He's already semi-cartoon, so the practical everyday feasibility of his existence shouldn't matter.

Make him a man who lives in his imagination, and have the other characters act it out. Have him learn about humanity slowly, but LET IT NOT ALTER HIS ESSENTIAL CHARACTER. He should always be the still, calm eye of the hurricane, observing all the pointless fluster, not drawn in and sucked under, spat out into a field of trash and humiliation.

The Sheldon we've been watching these past few years is a pitiable fool. He's almost unrecognisable. The taping reports from 8.1 & 8.2 have been illuminating. We were hoping they'd changed him back to his purposeful self, but we have to let him go. He's not our chap anymore. He's just a mockery and a cheap buffoon. It's bloody heartbreaking.

That is just....hugely dispiriting.

Do they for real have Amy and Sheldon spitting at each other in S8?? Is that even allowed on TV?

BTW, Amy experimenting on monkeys is not funny to me. "LOL, animal abuse"? I am opposed to the use of primates in that way, and I donate to organizations that help chimps, etc.
I'm surprised MB is cool with that; isn't she a vegetarian and so forth?

RE: Wishful Thinking... - devilbk - 08-20-2014

I don't believe she lets her morals interfere with her paycheck.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Louise - 08-29-2014

Remember the story of "Matilda", how she had no outlet for her tremendous intelligence, so it was forced out through her eyes and she developed telekinetic powers? That could happen with Sheldon, in some kind of AU scenario...

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Louise - 09-08-2014

How 'bout a story where the guys go on a road trip to Area 51, to investigate whether the UFO tales are true or not...

Also, I would enjoy seeing the guys as detectives, or paranormal investigators/ghost-hunters/Ghostbusters of some kind...

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Tuesday Pajamas - 09-08-2014

I love that idea...

And I just wish they would write some stories about the guys, where they weren't trying SO HARD to include the women and justifying the relationships all the time. But it seems this is too much to ask with Morelo as king of the BB hill. The guy is a one trick pony!

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Louise - 09-20-2014

Things I don't believe in:
  • alien abduction
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Sasquatch
  • The earth is flat
    • ectoplasm
    • predestination
    • demonic possession
    • Howard makes significantly less money than Bernadette.
    • Amy has improved Sheldon's life.
    • Bernadette has made Howard a better person.
    • Adult women talk in high pitched Mickey Mouse voices and this is normal.
    • The average person has never heard of Star Wars.
      • things like Harry Potter, LOTR, and the Avengers are not hugely popular with the general public.

• Howard wants a baby
      • Howard can't or won't do basic tasks like laundry.
      • Penny can't use a glue gun.
        • the other characters give a crap about keeping Shamy together or keeping Lenny together.
        • Raj is a social pariah.
        • Bernadette is a real person and not a plot device.
        • Sheldon needs Amy.
        • Amy is smarter than Sheldon.
        • Bernadette is smarter than Howard.
        • Penny would wear some of these ugly outfits she's been wearing lately.
        • Sheldon would be nude in someone's car.
        • Howard would have an ordinary car instead of a scooter.
        • If Amy left, Sheldon would try to get her back.
        • If Amy left, Sheldon would grieve her absence.
          • Early seasons Howard is a truly creepy molester who belongs on the sex offender registry.
          • Bernadette is Howard's best friend.

• Sheldon drinks alcohol frequently.
        • Any of them except Penny and Raj drink alcohol frequently.
        • Howard is lucky to have Bernadette because he is repulsive and nobody else would ever, ever want him.
        • Howard likes Neil Diamond.
        • Leonard is sexy.
        • Raj would fantasize about Howard's death.
        • Raj had a crush on Bernadette.
        • Anyone with ears had a crush on Bernadette.
        • Raj would all of a sudden lose his mutism in the space of just one episode.
          • Being single is a terrible fate.
          • Any of this nonsense is real.

RE: Wishful Thinking... - Tuesday Pajamas - 09-20-2014

That's a marvelous list you've got there. Is there a sliding scale for a reason? I agree with it all ....except maybe the drinking, as I'm known for the odd tipple.

"Adult women talk in high pitched Mickey Mouse voices and this is normal".

Does anyone know actually know a real woman who speaks is this tonal range, (who's not insane? Tongue). Melissa Rauch added this to the character herself and it got her a long-term position on the show but it also meant the believability of the characters was fair game. Amy tends to get the finger pointed at her but maybe it was Bernadette, who started this unfortunate change.

Was Bernadette modeled on this...?

[Image: Minnie_Mouse.png]

Getting back on topic....

I wish Howard and Bernadette a painful divorce! Big Grin Big Grin and they'd better make it so FUNNY that I'm falling on the floor. The show needs some laughs. They can palm her off on to another character if they like or just faze her out. She's kind of boring anyway. I didn't mind her once but the whole marriage thing, has been a fast forward moment I wouldn't mind seeing the back of her. Howard and Bernadette splitting up could actually give the writers some new ideas again. Instead of just progressing down this married life road. *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

There's always been plausibility issues. Like how can Penny not have a KNOWN surname when Leonard stole her mail in season one? And there have been arguments about how much the guys earn AND how Penny could afford that apartment on a waitresses income for years. I guess some things we have to take with a grain of salt. For me, the hardest to swallow are the emotional contradictions.