Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 08-16-2015

Sheldon and Amy's relationship is about ticking boxes in getting Sheldon from A to B. They are creating too much tension over the quicks in his character which make people laugh. Hence he's not that funny anymore. They started out by making Amy like Sheldon to introduce the character, then they made her like Howard which wasn't very funny at all, now she's like Leonard. They seem to have settled on this but nothing can compare to how Sheldon and Penny interacted. They'll never recreact that. They did everything to make the audience 'forget' about Kaley and Jims chemistry and now its too late to reignite it. Whatever potential that was there has been sqandered. Sad At least we, at the last Shenny port, can remember and celebrate it.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 08-17-2015

*Spoiler*

Title for second epsiode.

9.02 The Separation Oscillation

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Nutz - 08-17-2015

Well that was a blink and you'll miss it marriage for Lenny Big Grin

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 08-17-2015

It either implies;

a) Lennui are oscillating over whether they should separate
or
b) AFF is oscillating over whether she should continue to stay separated from that bloke she keeps trying to change. What's his name again? Looks a bit like Sheldon, but in a boring suit. And with a different personality.

Either way it's a little exhausting. I remember when this show was about building Killer Robots, or making Penny Blossoms, or going kite fighting...identifying crickets. That sort of thing. These plots are more soapy than Leonard's No More Tears Shampoo.

I'm hoping it's option A, because I'd like one goddamn season where Sheldon wasn't "boyfriend Sheldon", but was back to his old self. It's the only way I'll watch Season 9,and I'd bloody like to, if possible.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 08-17-2015

Oscillation hmmmm? Could be a switch. Shamy back, Lenny gone. If that's what you were thinking Nutz. But then we've heard Amy dating again rumours.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 08-17-2015

Quite frankly I don't care. To paraphrase the wise Bernard Black, I wish both couples were nailed to a frisbee and flung over a rainbow. GIVE US BACK INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS. GIVE US BACK SHELDON YOU BASTARDS. Please.
These amorphous couples are like the BLOB!

[Image: the-blob.jpg]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Nutz - 08-17-2015

I was thinking more like The Body Snatchers. I'm positive there are Pods under Penny's, Sheldon's and Howard's beds.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Kimk26 - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 02:07 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: It either implies;

a) Lennui are oscillating over whether they should separate
or
b) AFF is oscillating over whether she should continue to stay separated from that bloke she keeps trying to change. What's his name again? Looks a bit like Sheldon, but in a boring suit. And with a different personality.

Either way it's a little exhausting. I remember when this show was about building Killer Robots, or making Penny Blossoms, or going kite fighting...identifying crickets. That sort of thing. These plots are more soapy than Leonard's No More Tears Shampoo.

I'm hoping it's option A, because I'd like one goddamn season where Sheldon wasn't "boyfriend Sheldon", but was back to his old self. It's the only way I'll watch Season 9,and I'd bloody like to, if possible.

A-FUCKING-MEN, Gripe! I feel exactly the same.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 08-19-2015

*Spoiler*

Episode two opens with a Shenny kiss. Shock this is something which some of us have waited eight years for. It's another dream sequence and I'm sure it will be exaggerated for comic effect, like the laundry scene was but how wonderful to finally get it. Very excited to see the promo, it's probably the closest we'll ever get. Blossom so let's make the most if it, I say. Last season had very few Shenny scenes and I think this season will be the same. A few crumbs but WHAT a crumb!

By all accounts Kaley and Jim were very happy on set. They love working together and must have been surprised to get such an opportunity with these characters.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 08-19-2015

Very much looking forward to it. With all my embittered, husk of a heart.

Firstly, it's a brilliant idea from a marketing perspective. It will interest the bulk of the audience, as Sheldon/Penny scenes are always the most popular, and the media were also very keen on an S/P romance once upon a time.

Secondly, it's a lovely thing to do for the Shenny fans, who form a good third to half of the "obsessive fans" (and used to form a hell of a lot more), and who have been around longer than ALL the damn ships, and have written the bulk of FF, art, websites etc.

Indeed the concept of Sheldon/Penny would have been inspired from an artistic perspective. But they didn't choose to go in that direction, and alas they probably won't be able to this late in the day. I'd be bloody impressed if they did though!

However, I presume this is all a preamble to the inevitable reconciliation of Sheldon and AFF. Who still appears to both loathe Sheldon and want him to be Mr Normal-Britches. Which doesn't really endear me to her any further.

Which is why I shall CERTAINLY be watching 9.02, featuring an increasingly rare Sheldon/Penny interaction (and good lord, WHAT an interaction!) but shall stop watching as soon as Saint Amy returns.

But in the meantime it's now canon (O that word we've been beaten over the sconce with so many times) that Leonard's subconscious is worried about Sheldon/Penny, and that Sheldon apparently doesn't consider it a stretch either.

So any "shipper" that has repeatedly felt it quite acceptable and unbollocky to call another type of fan "delusional" can stick this interesting development up their obnoxious, smug behind. If it in any way reduces the level of patronising entitled gloatiness that radiates from certain areas of the TBBT fandom, I shall count it a considerable triumph.

WineWineWine

Bring on 9.02!
Then we shall quietly exit, pursued by a bear.