Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Kimk26 - 08-13-2015

(08-12-2015, 01:18 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: *Spoiler*

There is a Shenny scene in this episode. Very little is known about it expect they talk about Amy being angry. Be interesting to see whats in it because as we know, these are not heavily covered in TRs.

EXACTLY. That's why I'm holding out on my judgment..'cos things usually end up better than what they report.

(08-12-2015, 01:25 PM)Nutz Wrote: Oh Hell, don't sugar coat it. They (The ShAmy's and Lenny's that do the TR's) expressly said that they don't want Shennies getting excited about anything. So they will not be writing about much (if any) "Shenny" moments in TR's

Right..

(08-13-2015, 02:59 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Leonard's other woman has been cast...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/big-bang-theory-introduce-leonards-181609068.html

[Image: 995184c06cef556acd8bada7e0f53b9f]

OH! I had no idea they were bringing in this person. Huh..so weird that Penny and Leonard will be married with this new development. So I'm gathering Leonard and Penny may not be living under the same roof as married's..unexpected, I have to say. Which is good.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 08-13-2015

Apparently in the "Sheldon takes tea to Penny" scene (or the Shenny Tea Party, as Pajamas is referring to it as...Big Grin) it transpires that Amy has been unhappy with Sheldon for a while (no surprise there, she's been a senior partner of Hector, Mock and Whine for 3 years), and has kvetched to Penny about it. Penny has advised to "do what makes you happy".
Which is evidently splitting up with Sheldon.

Fine, I'm delighted, and have no complaints.

But Penny, dear charmingly mad character, you hassled Sheldon into dating Fowler in the first place. And repeatedly needled him about his absent sex-life with her. Why not simply either A) Stop hassling him to be "normal". Fowler and Hofstadter already do that enough, or B) HOOK UP WITH HIM YOURSELF.

Alas but you married Hofstadter instead. If you wanted respect, challenge and fidelity, that was a foolish choice.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 08-13-2015

The girl he kissed, Mandy, will appear in episode 2. I'm assuming just the one episode but it will be interesting if its longer.

This plot has thrown up a lot of interesting debate within the fandom which mean BB does it again. It breathes more life into the old corpse because after S8 I was sure we'd begin to see a loss in interest. The hardcore shippers may not be happy but they will still tune in and there may even be more laughs. Because happy families makes for dull comedy and this was the risk before they decided to throw a few spanners in the works. Sadly, they won't go far enough.

The shock over Leonard kissing another girl makes me laugh. Rolleyes Just watch any of the old seasons and watch him jump whenever there's a bit of skirt to be had. He's been 'good' over the last year but that's only because he was newly engaged. It's very much part of his character, except he seems quite unaware of this. He's thinks he's a good guy.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - devilbk - 08-14-2015

It would be interesting to find out that he, not she, initiated the kissing and then got cold feet.

Or she rejected him.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - SpaceAnJL - 08-14-2015

Probably at the point he blurted out "We can't have sex! I'm a nice guy, I have a fiancée!" While she was trying to spit his tongue out of her mouth. "...the hell? I asked you the way to the bathroom, asshole."

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - devilbk - 08-14-2015

No, she probably said "Excuse me but it doesn't take two people to drink tequila. Get that lime out of your mouth. You look ridiculous."

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Ratman77 - 08-15-2015

This all reminds me strongly of the last two seasons of "That seventies Show" where Steven and Jackie wanted to marry, and than the bomb burst that Steven, when he was drunk in Vegas, had married the stripper Samantha.Idea
This whole plot-line is not really new.
I hope, that the authors do not want explain Pennys decision to stay with Leonard (despite his infidelity) because she is pregnant.
That would be really the Arrival at the deepest Point.AngrySock
I have read that Jim Parsons has said that in the series no children should apear.
Well, I guess that he have no great influence to the work of the writers,.....but alone for this opinion:

"Thumbs up, Mister Parsons!"

P.S.: To the writers: PENNY AND SHELDON ARE NOT LIKE SIBLINGS!!!

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Trust No One - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 10:28 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: This all reminds me strongly of the last two seasons of "That seventies Show" where Steven and Jackie wanted to marry, and than the bomb burst that Steven, when he was drunk in Vegas, had married the stripper Samantha.Idea
This whole plot-line is not really new.
I hope, that the authors do not want explain Pennys decision to stay with Leonard (despite his infidelity) because she is pregnant.
That would be really the Arrival at the deepest Point.AngrySock
I have read that Jim Parsons has said that in the series no children should apear.
Well, I guess that he have no great influence to the work of the writers,.....but alone for this opinion:

"Thumbs up, Mister Parsons!"

P.S.: To the writers: PENNY AND SHELDON ARE NOT LIKE SIBLINGS!!!

I get the sense children are running this show. Babies would be beyond jump the shark whether it's Penny or Bernadette.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 08-16-2015

Steve Morelo did hint that Amy might date someone else. The Priya Effect. Oh and we have a news feed on the home page now.

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-08-15%20at%2021.13....slqgt9.png]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 08-16-2015

Just chanced upon the Q Scores, a recognition plus appeal type rating.

“TV personality Q Score metrics provide unique insight into the momentum that primetime casts bring to the opening of the fall television season,” Schafer told TheWrap. "For returning shows, personality-driven appeal is extremely important for determining how strong or polarizing the cast is for maintaining viewer commitment.”

The Q scores of the actors are the following;

Jim Parsons ~ 33
Kunal Nayyar ~ 29
Kaley Cuoco ~ 25
Simon Helberg ~ 25
Johnny Galecki ~ 23
Mayim Bialik ~ 20

(Melissa Rauch wasn't counted for some reason, which will make Louise happy, but I find a bit odd)

The most popular characters on the other fansite's poll;

Sheldon (27,131 votes /50.1%)
Penny (9,450 votes /17.5%)
Leonard (7,475 votes /13.8%)

Raj (2,880 votes /5.3%)
Amy (2,588 votes /4.8%)
Howard (2,575 votes /4.8%)
Bernadette (1,363 votes /2.5%)
Stuart (641 votes /1.2%)

I think it's safe to say Jim does all the heavy lifting in the "appeal" of the Sheldon/AFF relationship department.

I've seen the high viewing of the Manipulation/kiss video being brandished (by shippers) as some sort of proof that people are therefore interested in Shamy in particular. They're not, they're interested in Jim.

Specifically as Sheldon doing something very unSheldonic. It's weird to see Sheldon acting like a Mills and Boon cover figure, so people watch.

People also watched that video of the snake exploding after eating an alligator. Looking at the list of things that have high YouTube views can be a soul destroying experience. (And a snake destroying one too.)

Sheldon is the most popular character. His relationship is therefore going to be of interest to people regardless of who they put him with. (From a marketing perspective it would, you'd think, be sensible to put him with the most popular female character, Penny, but nevermind...)

What is unfortunate, and what I don't understand, is why they chose to CHANGE Sheldon in order to make the relationship work, rather than creating a relationship where he was allowed to remain himself.

The very fact that Sheldon HAD to be changed to fit the relationship shows what a terrible relationship it is. Quite literally, Sheldon is "unsuited" to Amy.