Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - SpaceAnJL - 04-18-2016

...that gave me a quite, quite horrible mental image, in which Withnail meets a woman who makes him give up booze, drugs and fags, and forces him to cut his hair, and get a nice, safe job with the local council...

Or, if 'Lucky' Jim Dixon had crumbled to convention and married the vile Margaret. There are some weird parallels.

The show IS bad, though. It is lazy and trite, and deeply unpleasant.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-18-2016

I used to LOVE Sheldon so much. He was majestic, the smartest guy in the room, the most self contained, the most rebellious. He stuck up two fingers to normality, he was my hero. Could say anything, do anything and he wasn't going to change because it was all for comedy. No one thought of Sheldon as a real accountable person, at least I didn't. He was a fantasy character, he was the medium itself, he didn't need to explain himself.

Now he's a twit! Now he has to justify himself to those who can't take the joke.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Toad - 04-19-2016

(04-18-2016, 03:03 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I used to LOVE Sheldon so much. He was majestic, the smartest guy in the room, the most self contained, the most rebellious. He stuck up two fingers to normality, he was my hero. Could say anything, do anything and he wasn't going to change because it was all for comedy. No one thought of Sheldon as a real accountable person, at least I didn't. He was a fantasy character, he was the medium itself, he didn't need to explain himself.

Now he's a twit! Now he has to justify himself to those who can't take the joke.

THIS! This this this. You have succinctly and eloquently chronicled the rise and fall of Sheldon Cooper. And by extension The Big Bang Theory.

FANTASY, people. CHARACTER, people! When did everyone lose sight of this? Huh? My guess is when the eyes of AFF's libido suddenly popped opened and the first little "hoo" straggled out. An auspicious occasion.  Sarcasm It's been a long slow plod towards Comeuppance ever since.

Bah. If I'd known beforehand that the self-contained weirdo genius that I loved was going to be "rehabilitated" into a self-conscious, tentative, submissive, intemperate, unfocused, sloppy, irrational, impractical, ordinary, BORING man-child I never would have bothered watching in the first place.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Trust No One - 04-19-2016

It's just like you cannot change Kramer into a normal acting character. Having Fonzie settle down with one girl is a mistake as well. You cannot take away what makes Sheldon a great and unique character.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Ratman77 - 04-19-2016

(04-18-2016, 06:48 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: Sheldon was "too weird" (and too clever, too unromantic, too unusual, too...), now suddenly finds him more conventionally acceptable, and so joins the regular viewers.

[Image: tumblr_musf6upLfN1snmmclo1_500.gif]
Yes, it is true. Sheldon was weird, unromantic, very very clever, ect.

But the people who are criticizing that  overlook that exactly these features are the groundwork of his character. To take it away from him is like........ There where at "Deep Space Nine" a few episodes where the writers took Odo his skill to change his form. What was he than? Only a humanoid. Nothing more..And the same can be seen by Sheldon. Only an ordinary soap-opera-character. And only for this female neuro biologist whit hair coloured like mud. Morlock

When I read on official pages those lines like "Amy is really the best what have ever could happen to him." Puke

How much time Amy needed for that Sheldon has really became open to her? (Like his messy-confession-from my POV also absolutly nonsens).

Years.

And Penny?

How long did it take until he has shown her the hideouts of his money for example? Idea

(Her husband is hiding money from her. A really great marriage.) Sarcasm

Or....remember when the other actress-Alicia-came to the block. Of course-because- she was so hot the nerd-bunch was "fire and flame" to help her with her apartment. Except Sheldon. He did not "lift only one finger" for her. When Penny came to the block he went over the floor and cleaned up her apartment in the middle of the night. Why not for Alicia? The fact that she was/is not a direct neighbour does not change anything at his general view about order and cleanliness.

I think that she let him cold. Nothing of her-her behaviour or her kind-was teasing him in any way, while Penny from the first moment on was someone special for him. Soft Kitty Blush

("Ages" before Amy appeared.)

And I am convinced (sorry, when it sounds kitschy) that-in secret- his heart is still beating for Penny Heart ......And her one also for him. Heart

(I have already mentioned that I have often been "insulted" to be a "romanticist") Blush

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-19-2016

Jim posts the cover for the penultimate episode of season 9 and reveals the title.

The Line Substitution Solution

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-04-19%20at%2019.55....5twlbw.png]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-19-2016

The season finale is not going to be much to shout about if this is true.

"CBS has already released a short teaser for the May 12 finale, and it reads as follows: “Judd Hirsch is introduced as Leonard’s (Johnny Galecki) father. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly Hofstadter (Christine Baranski), and Sheldon’s mother, Mary Cooper (Laurie Metcalf), return.” There’s not a whole lot to speculate about here, since with this many guest stars we imagine that most of the final episode is going to be very family-based."

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - CTR69 - 04-20-2016

(04-19-2016, 02:22 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: ("Ages" before Amy appeared.)

And I am convinced (sorry, when it sounds kitschy) that-in secret- his heart is still beating for Penny Heart ......And her one also for him. Heart

(I have already mentioned that I have often been "insulted" to be a "romanticist") Blush

He should say the same thing to her as in E2. Maybe after she's upset with Leonard again. "I just want you to know that, you don’t have to live like this. I’m here for you." There's no way she could resist that. He was in fact, always there for her.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 04-20-2016

Okay who called it? The finale of this season with be ANOTHER Leonard and Penny wedding because the first one was pretty uneventful. Nothing much worth watching for us unless they pull a decent cliffhanger but something tells me they are getting all their plots from the main fan forum these days. The fans over there have been calling for a re-do, so it seems they call the shots.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Ratman77 - 04-21-2016

I read that Mister Molaro says (TV-Live) that the "baby-ambitions" of Howard and Bernadette will not skip over to Penny and Leonard, because "this would change the DNA of the show." Dodgy

On one side I am pleased to hear that,.....on the other one it surprises me (Have Mister Molaro overlooked that the "DNA" of the show is changed/destroyed for seven years?....By him?) Confused

Another wedding? Angry

On a german forum a member wrote that Leonards phrases to Penny are not loving - naive but only vicious. True, isn't it? After all this incidents of this season (Leonards reading of Pennys journal without permission/ his secret account -his opinion that Penny is not smart enough to handle with money...) it would be more realistic that she will give him a "bite me".

By this way.

That producers note on fan- thoughts is, I think, quiet normal. But if they already assume complet scenarios-for me is it nothing else if they would filmed a fanfiction Morlock -than this is really a sign of lack of own ideas. Sock Sock Sock

Regarding a cliffhanger.

What is now with Zack? He has not came back yet, right? Well, if he appears by this second wedding and declared that he and Penny are still married, than I could live very well with this cliffhanger.....and this second wedding. Wink