Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Ratman77 - 04-01-2016

Zack will return....... A knowledge about that Leonard have a secret account......

Yes, it really seems that they steer into a drama and.......well you know me. I hove often strange thoughts in my head. If there really will be a breakup, then it could be have a practical reason.

Lack of time.

If there is really a plan for (typical) phatetic married-children-family-plot for the "Lenny" Puke then -so I think-they could not handle this all in only one season. They would be need two or even three more full seasons. But is that makeable? Huh

At the beginning of season eight the main-cast (Miss Cuoco, Mister Parsons and Mister Galecki) was only willing to play their roles further with the salary of one million pro episode. A proof that they  had actually finished with their characters.  If the network really want to make further seasons, are they be willing to pay one and a half million pro episode? Or even two millions?

(Or "two and a half" sic! Blush )

I do not think so. So if the cast would be to expensive for the network to go on and there would be not enough time to handle the full plot-plan of "Lenny", than they must bring this topic to an (hurry) end. And in this case they finalize it-in the best way- with a breakup.

Pennywise........ehh sorry I mean ......otherwise. Confused .... the series have-regarding the figures-an open end....with characters who are "hanging in the air". That would be a lousy end with no dignified finale.

So,..I think it would be logical if they would handle it in that way.

(Than the same way at the "Shamy" so that the "Shenny" could become its chance at the end....) Blossom Soft Kitty Heart Big Grin
But well,.....it is all theories and mind-plays. I am not an expert.

Hope it is not ridiculous.

P.S.:Hey, I read in your posts that there is again more hope and fighting spirit!!! Big Grin

"Make it so!"

Jean-Luc Picard Wink

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Darcy of Asgard - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 12:07 PM)Ratman77 Wrote: Zack will return....... A knowledge about that Leonard have a secret account......

Yes, it really seems that they steer into a drama and.......well you know me. I hove often strange thoughts in my head. If there really will be a breakup, then it could be have a practical reason.

Lack of time.

If there is really a plan for (typical) phatetic married-children-family-plot for the "Lenny" Puke  then -so I think-they could not handle this all in only one season. They would be need two or even three more full seasons. But is that makeable? Huh

At the beginning of season eight the main-cast (Miss Cuoco, Mister Parsons and Mister Galecki) was only willing to play their roles further with the salary of one million pro episode. A proof that they  had actually finished with their characters.  If the network really want to make further seasons, are they be willing to pay one and a half million pro episode? Or even two millions?

(Or "two and a half" sic! Blush )

I do not think so. So if the cast would be to expensive for the network to go on and there would be not enough time to handle the full plot-plan of "Lenny", than they must bring this topic to an (hurry) end. And in this case they finalize it-in the best way- with a breakup.

Pennywise........ehh sorry I mean ......otherwise. Confused .... the series have-regarding the figures-an open end....with characters who are "hanging in the air". That would be a lousy end with no dignified finale.

So,..I think it would be logical if they would handle it in that way.

(Than the same way at the "Shamy" so that the "Shenny" could become its chance at the end....) Blossom Soft Kitty Heart Big Grin
But well,.....it is all theories and mind-plays. I am not an expert.

Hope it is not ridiculous.

P.S.:Hey, I read in your posts that there is again more hope and fighting spirit!!! Big Grin

"Make it so!"

Jean-Luc Picard Wink

This reminds me of Joy's romantic journey in Hot in Cleveland. (SPOILERS AHEAD)

It seemed like she was bound to end up with Simon, but then Simon accidentally decks her in the face and of course at that point they are done. She instead goes on to be with Bob and they adopt a child together and are happy. 

not totally relevant I'm just sitting over here musing and reminiscing

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Kimk26 - 04-01-2016

Hey Ratman! Good to see you!

And yes..I have a feeling and am feeling pretty confident about it. Like..it just seems to be lining up. Very carefully, mind you. I've been noticing little things. Like Leonard pointing out Penny's slights toward him compared to the other bonded couples. And like you said, the secret account he had. Just these little tidbits. As well as the Shenny going off together again without Amy and Leonard..and Amy lamenting, yet again, the close bond that Sheldon and Penny have and how it bothers her. That's been a recurring theme throughout these relationships. Now if Zack comes back with news that he and Penny are still married..that opens up more possibilities. I mean, they keep revisiting the Penny/Sheldon closeness..I wouldn't be at all surprised, as well, if they spend their final season (if season 10 is indeed going to be it) in a kind of set of triangles. Maybe the last season will be "Will Penny end up with Sheldon or Leonard"..it would certainly be interesting! And I think..kind of bringing the show full-circle to it's beginning. Because the first episode..yes, Leonard called dibs on her, but it was clear there was a spark between Penny and Sheldon as well. She showed interest in Sheldon before she did Leonard. And Sheldon had a response. 

You know, I just can't get the image out of my head..one of the first promotional shots of the cast..it's from the first episode. The gang is sitting on the couch, with Sheldon and Penny side by side in the center. Leonard is standing behind the couch, smack dab between them. And he's got his leg over the couch, planted firmly between Sheldon and Penny. And she's looking at Sheldon and he's preoccupied with his laptop. But that Leonard leg in between them. That's a statement. Even in photos taken before the episode aired, it's the same thing. It's clear that Leonard is smitten with her, and Penny seems to be intent on getting under Sheldon's skin, with him looking irritated in some, but then cautiously interested in others. She looks at him seductively, (and oblivious to Leonard's puppy-dog eyes for her). So that told me: triangle.

So maybe, yeah, the last season may finally have these characters addressing this thing, finally. And I'd bet my bottom dollar that ratings would soar. Penny would stop being background scenery, go out with a bang. And Sheldon might actually have something of a challenge worthy of him/bring back his alpha tendencies. I hope I'm right!

[Image: 28kijyw.jpg]

[Image: oirhao.jpg]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - devilbk - 04-01-2016

Can I throw something at y'all out of left field? What if Zack's there to offer Penny a job? They've been hinting about a career change. And Penny is not exactly looking for a job.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Nutz - 04-01-2016

Anything is possible, Hell with all the retcons, maybe Zack is a smart sexy CEO now who offers her a job to lure her away from Leonard, but I could totally see Penny telling him to sign the annulment papers and then to mail them and he just forgot about them until he found the paperwork while packing to move into a new place.

IIRC, Leonard is the one who was supposed to take care of filing the papers. I think he kind of insisted. But I won't go back and watch the ep.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Nutz - 04-01-2016

Unfortunately with the shows lack of continuity it hardly matters what was said or done 2 episodes ago let alone 2 years ago.

Nutz, it's not a lack of continuity it's a contempt for continuity.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - QueenOfShebaSays - 04-01-2016

Zack comes back actually with a business proposition for Sheldon. Like he took his advice on something and Zack wants him to partner up with him and make money.

Just tossing in other ideas lol. It would be cool if it had to do more with Sheldon than anyone else. But Penny is involved by default.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 04-18-2016

This is the thread for general carping, innit?

I had to suffer through an extended family dinner the other day, with the various factions converging from various countries, like some scene out of Godfather...Imagine my horror (and bafflement) when the conversation amongst the younger members turned to TBBT.

"It's boring now!"
"Sheldon's changed. He's not funny anymore."
"He's too normal."
"I don't like all the relationship crap."
"There's no more Sheldon and Penny scenes!"
Etc.

I just sat and seethed with a sort of embittered schadenfreude, nursing my apéritif...
Actually I did that for most of the dinner. And most of the time in general. The fuckers kept trying to drag me into the conversation, but I resisted with the strength of a thousand gods. Or one slightly peely-wally god anyway...

Point is, loads of folk have the same opinion as us, but for every one that stops watching, another idiot - sorry, person - who ENJOYS manipulative relationships and married couples squabbling, and always thought Sheldon was "too weird" (and too clever, too unromantic, too unusual, too...), now suddenly finds him more conventionally acceptable, and so joins the regular viewers.

Then there's the core of folk who are being dragged along like an emotional hostage.

It's not a BAD show now. Just very very different from what we liked about the first four years. There's still clever lines, and most of the actors are as sharp as ever, but if the soul of the main character has been eviscerated, watching it now makes for a rather hollow, despairing experience...

And the complete hijiacking (and 180 degree spin) of Sheldon's entire storyline to revolve around a woman (and an unpleasant one at that) is about the most heinous fan backstabbing I've ever witnessed.

"You know that character that you loved because he was brilliant, and self-possessed, and detached from idiotic romantic storylines? And that powered the show, and made it famous? Well, we're going to lower his IQ, make him fail at everything, mope around a girlfriend and be constantly manipulated and belittled by her, and make him realise that everything he was, all his passions and beliefs, and all that you honoured and respected him for, was actually WRONG. HAHA! Suckers!"

[Image: tumblr_musf6upLfN1snmmclo1_500.gif]