Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 02-03-2016

I tried to peer through the glistening, heaving wall of saccharine, sex and baby jokes but all I could discern was our lobotomised hero (not anymore!) careening around like a yokel on a leash, gurning at his made-to-order, monstrous bride.

Where was the science, where was the philosophy? Where was the observance upon mankind? WHERE WAS SHELDON'S GENIUS?

So a pox on it.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 02-03-2016

[Image: clockwork-orange-5.jpg?w=300]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Kimk26 - 02-03-2016

Yeah, Gripe, that about sums it up. Hard not to be sick over this whole debacle.

To hear that Simon was pacing, and JP casting his eyes downward between scenes..yes, you're right, Gripe, they KNOW. They KNOW its shit. Of course. Simon and Parsons aren't idiots (thank God). I feel wretched for them. PJ was right in feeling bad for Jim. And yes, its unfathomable that this is the same writing team that gave us the first three seasons. That was my main thought, as well. I could understand such a complete shift if it were an entirely different set of people writing. That's a thing I learned in my sitcom-writing class. A team needs to work as one, with seamless lines of separation. As if it's just one writer, one voice. I would think it would be the same for longevity. The same, seamless voice througout. Obviously, they haven't managed it. Sad

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Trust No One - 02-03-2016

I would not be surprised Kim and Gripe if Jim and Simon were looking for the exits during taping. They were probably planning a jail break. It figures MB would be the only one into the taping. Bernie is having the baby and it is still all about Amy. So glad I stopped watching this show.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 02-25-2016

No sooner have we read an outline of 9.18 The Application Deterioration, Bill's tweeting the cover for 9.19. The season is almost over.

Incidently, The Application Deterioration reads like a bit of a filler but the TR was quite brief so it may have more to it on the night. It's about Sheldon and Leonard's helium theory, now moving on to patenting the idea. I'm not all that keen of the collaboration because Sheldon has become this annoying sidekick to dull Leonard, and he's far better as the hero and Leonard as the sidekick. I suppose its in there to keep a science thread going through the show and to deflect criticism that everything else is about marriage and breeding. Also to make sure that Leonard doesn't get over looked because Sheldon is a far stronger character. The sub-plot sounds bad, morning sickness. Oh dear...

[attachment=487]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - devilbk - 02-25-2016

I think it won't be long before Raj is also included in the Helium project and they all win a fictitious Nobel for it at the end of the series showing that Sheldon can only be successful working with others (forgetting about the Arctic entirely).

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - QueenOfShebaSays - 02-25-2016

See... This stuff is really making me think that S10 is their final season. I mean S9 almost feels like it as well! But maybe S10 is it.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-16-2016

Latest spoilers include the news that Leonard has a secret bank account. Now this is a lot more common than you'd think. Keeping assets hidden from a partner can have innocent reasons. Here are the top 5 reasons according to a poll by the metro

To fund a surprise trip or vacation for the family (42 per cent)
To fund social activities (38 per cent)
To fund a secret affair (21 per cent)
To fund drinking alcohol (14 per cent)
To fund sporting tickets (9 per cent)

Anyone wanna bet which one Leonard is funding? I think some people stash funds incase the marriage fails and given Leonard's insecurity I'd go with this idea because its more in character. He tried to sabotage the wedding by bringing up Mandy.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - QueenOfShebaSays - 03-16-2016

If he's having a secret affair... That could be a cliff hanger. Ohhhhh I mean why bring up the bank account? They can't just throw that out there and then never bring it up again... They could but... Hmmmmm

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-16-2016

Now that is an interesting theory. They obviously need a cliff hanger and there's nothing immediate that comes to mind. Bernadette is not far enough along and Sheldon's already given it up to A. No one thought they would use the fact Leonard got off with Mandy when he was away for four months and they actually ended up casting her, so this could tie in to something.