Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 11-18-2015

Sheldon doesn't give a damn about Penny's appearance, therefore he alone likes her for who she is.
Penny doesn't give a damn about Sheldon's genius, therefore she alone likes him for who he is.

Their main "weapons" don't work when they're together, either against each other or against themselves. If Penny's looks and Sheldon's intellect are redundant, then they like each other for the right reasons. It's a completely honest relationship, and one of the main appeals of Sheldon/Penny, along with them challenging the other.

I frequently see baffling comments from Fowler fans on facebook/tumblr that Shenny is a superficial thing to ship, because "it's just two pretty people". Apparently it's fine for ONE member to be pretty though... Dodgy

All these comments tell me if how those particular fans see Penny. As no more than a pretty face. So just like most of the Leonard/Penny shippers see her then.

Shenny fans seem to be the only folk who give a damn about Penny's actual character.

I must learn not to get uppity about people who claim that Sheldon and Amy's manipulative, Sheldon-destroying relationship is "pure" and a "relationship of the mind" and "unlike anything on television" (for good reason. It's unbearably naff) because it "doesn't revolve around sex" whilst simultaneously parking COITUSISCOMING!!!! at the end of every sentence, and obsessing over whether Amy is wearing stockings or not.

Anyroad, the coitus IS coming. Either this episode or the next. Probably with Sheldon renouncing science, and being rewritten as a corny "horndog", now that he's been miraculously cured of his asexuality and singular focus, and everything that made him Sheldon, then there's the proposal, then the WACKY ADVENTURES of Amy planning her wedding, whilst Bernadette's pregnant, and her husband takes lamaze classes with her...

Oh look, I was right.
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-sex-season-9-1201643232/

Thank fuck they got the horrible spectacle over with. There was something deeply creepy about the build up over five years.

Anyroad, they're not our characters, it's not our Sheldon, it's not our show. Our show vanished 4 years ago. Vintage Sheldon is secure and untouchable. They'll never destroy that magnificent fellow.
Wine

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - devilbk - 11-18-2015

Tempted to tweet Prady, "I think I preferred Sheldon before you recast the part. Jim Parsons was pretty good."

Och, there's nothing left of Sheldon at all Dev.

You can't fight it.

It's THE MOLARO remember?

[Image: CBGisKeUcAAZAdA.jpg]

[Image: B9w1egLCIAAOwoH.jpg]

Anyroad, here's a nice picture to take your mind off it. Wine

[Image: B9ksR9MIUAA6AaR.png]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 11-18-2015

*SPOILER*

I knew Shamy coitus would come and now its here, in the 11th episode of the 9th season, I feel very little. I have no strong emotional response. Which is really interesting because I thought I'd be devastated.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Nutz - 11-18-2015

Does anyone else find the total destruction and death of Sheldon Copper happening on episode 9-11 a little freaky?

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 11-18-2015

I think we all knew the sex was coming but we didn't know Sheldon would renounce Spock and Star Wars. I think that's the most shocking thing about this. He's given up who he is, for sex. And that's not Sheldon.

I think it's a little like the passing of an Alzheimer's sufferer (which I've lived through twice). By the time they're gone there is little, if anything, of who they are remaining. It is a guilt-filled relief.

I'm relieved that the suffering is over and we can finally put Sheldon to rest. Jim Parsons is now playing another character entirely.

Sheldon has become Leonard, sacrificing whatever he is and cares about for sex.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 11-19-2015

It's just Circus Maximus, as I said earlier. Forcing the unicorn to mate for a bored Emperor, and a lascivious crowd. But the way they did it baffles me. Like "Shamy" itself, the whole thing sounds like a 16 yr old girl's fantasy. And not a particularly original or interesting 16 yr old girl.

"What's the BEST birthday present? My silly (previously brilliant) boyfriend to sacrifice his silly space movies (previously his passions) to come and have sex with me." The candles are an extra touch of incongruity and banality. It's Sheldon Cooper (or WAS) for godsake...not even a Tesla Coil?

Any girlfriend of Sheldon should have WANTED to see the new Star Wars film. Who the fuck amongst the original target audience of this show DOESN'T want to see it? We're meant to cheer that one of sci-fi's greatest bastions is giving it up for sex? How original!

How completely unSheldon.

So the Star Wars episode is now about Amy, as the Leonard Nimoy episode was about Amy? Amazing. Sheldon denouncing Spock in the earlier episode is beyond belief. Couldn't be a greater kick in the proverbials of Sheldon fans if they tried. WHY are they doing this?

As folk are saying, it's difficult to get angry, because it's so far removed from the original plot, and Sheldon is so far from Sheldon by now that this doesn't even register as something happening on The Big Bang Theory. It's something happening on "The Amy Fowler Variety Hour".

I've never before this heard of a show contorting and altering their most popular character beyond recognition in order to keep writing for a minor one. Particularly one who came in AFTER the success of the show was established by the original 5. The core 15 million of TBBT's audience, ie the BULK, are there because of the first 3 years. They're not Amy Farrah Fowler fans. This isn't "Amy: Coming Of Age". Although apparently it is. I don't know why they don't just get rid of Howard and Raj, and the rest of the show, and focus a fixed camera solely on Amy Farrah Fowler's bridal preparations. Or her tilted uterus.

People loved Sheldon for who he was in the first 3 years. VINTAGE Sheldon is what the show will be remembered for. It's what the show IS. People will remember him solving equations in the ballpit, or "comforting" Penny in hospital, or singing the element song on stage, not this normalised bloke skipping Star Wars for sex. That's not growth, that's being stripped of character.