Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Louise - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 03:33 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I've kept a diary since I was 15 and can relate to this. It used to be hand written but now there's apps, I do it on my phone or ipad. So I would assume Penny would keep a journal on the cloud as well, not written, but then they need Leonard to get access to it ...so....

Having someone read your diary is really invasive. I can understand a certain amount of temptation and yes, I believe Leonard would do this. He read her history paper and re-wrote it, it doesn't get much worse than that!

You seem to feel that I was defending Leonard or questioning the plausibility of the situation. I wasn't. I just hate writing anything by hand, so I was wondering whether many people still keep hand-written journals, in the age of blogging.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 10-30-2015

Nah, I know you weren't defending and I agree that hand written is pretty unlikely. Just got myself carried away there.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 10-30-2015

(10-29-2015, 10:37 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: ...
The problem with the whole romance angle for Sheldon is that it presupposes that there was something 'missing' in his life, something that left him incomplete. I'd argue that s1-4 Sheldon Cooper was the most 'complete' character on the show. He was unique and a satisfying wave of awesome—and knew it too. He was unapologetically himself.

[Image: Dr-Sheldon-Cooper-For-The-Win_o_98850.gif]
Wine

Even Penny was impressed with that one. And who the hell wouldn't be!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx8j236DmkYJWZrHs3oVn...I-cP1Sex67]

Bloody hilarious episode. http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/#!the-white-asparagus-triangulation/c1gre

[Image: 37a655_b53be3a15a5cac9540b0e4742037dea6.gif]
Look how delighted Leonard is.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 11-05-2015

Lorre's not on the latest script cover. Rats. I hope the chap comes BACK. He had an essential level of "piss and vinegar" about him. He also had a VISION once, for Sheldon. God knows what happened to that eh? Lorre dear fellow why have you forsaken your greatest marvel!
The show needs to return to its old wit and philosophy. Prady and Lorre drove the show wonderfully for the first 4 years, they should never have given up the reins. NEVER!
It's almost a completely different show now, EXCEPT for the Raj/Howard scenes. They're all classic. Wine  But Sheldon's unrecognisable, and Sheldon & Penny, the comedic duo that SET THE SHOW UP, have no scenes together anymore, which is baffling.
And it's not just because there's too many characters (although there are). Raj/Howard have scenes together, Sheldon/Leonard have scenes (and of course the couples have scenes), but the ONE pairing whose episodes tops all the polls, and whose scenes are even on the bloody merchandise, are completely neglected. It's bizarre!

This change in the show has also engendered a change in the fandom. The split began in Season 5, but now it's a yawning chasm! Apparently with Leonard and Amy fans and "shippers" on one side, and Sheldon and Penny and nostalgic fans on the other.  
I think it's quite telling that most folk who identify with Sheldon DON'T LIKE AMY. Hint, she is not the droid we are looking for...

The only thing I can liken it to is if the "Back to the Future" fandom had a split between those who wanted the show to be about Doc Brown and Time Travel, and those who want it to be about Marty and Jennifer buying a house and having babies. And who think the Doc is irrelevant and irritating, and should stop interfering in Marty and Jennifer's marriage, and maybe the Doc should stop messing around with Time Travel, and learn to be a proper boyfriend. And get a goddamn haircut, and stop wearing ridiculous clothes, and "man-up", and change utterly for a woman who evidently didn't like who he was in the first place.
Growth!

Personally I'll stick to my preposterous preference for Back to the Future to be about the extraordinary adventures of a brilliant and eccentric scientist, as he travels through time with his Everyman pal, beholden to no-one.

[Image: CR0JIGNUkAAqerG.jpg]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 11-08-2015

Prior to fixating on Sheldon, like a flailing madman, I fixated on other characters that had similar qualities (not necessarily personalities) as a muse.
Some were fictional beings, like Sydney Carton, Captain Ahab, or Don Quixote, and some were real bastards, like Montaigne, or Buster Keaton.
They all had elements of the driven outsider in eternal and relentless pursuit of his Vision.
In the modern world of film, one of my favourites was Jack Skellington.

Jack was the master of his particular domain, yet something was amiss, whose absence left him hollow. The thing was, this absence wasn't romantic, it was simply a different perspective on life. Once understood, he returns to his situation with an element of glory and triumph. He understands what his part in the world is. And it is a brilliant role. Jack learns to appreciate himself without any external influence. He merely observes and explores the world. Nobody TELLS him what he should be or do. He recognises his original quality.
And by god I wish it's what Sheldon would do.

I like this scene because it's both very affirmative and very Sheldonic. "Nobody really understood, well HOW COULD THEY?"

There is also a rag doll woman who sticks by Jack throughout all, but she never tries to change him, judge him, or ask anything of him. She gets him, and likes the fucker, but keeps her distance. This is exactly the sort of relationship Sheldon needs, and Penny is the closest thing we've got...

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Ratman77 - 11-09-2015

I agree with you “Idle Miscreant”

“BIZARRE” is really the right word.

When I watch episodes from the earlier seasons now again, and compare them with the current ones, I must ask which blinders the authors over the years before their eyes had. Huh 
The “Shenny” was always at its best, when they had not intended it. The scenes at the beginning with Penny and Sheldon were always “self-runners”, and became very fast their own dynamic and charm-and made this two to the heart, the soul and the driving force of the show. Big Grin 
 The scenes later, when the authors had their clear intentions (specifically the ones where they want look the “Shenny” as bad or illogical) for example “the laundry-fantasy”, or the “love-experiment” it was always contrived/unnatural. Like “wanted but failed.” Morlock And now….when I look to this “growth” or “evolution” over the years….
I cannot believe it. I think there was- since years- not a show like  “TBBT” where the acting of the cast (Miss Cuoco and Mister Parsons) was so much “working” for the writers. They gave them possibilities and perfect patterns and stencils to make it to a special and extraordinary thing in TV. And even Penny and Sheldon, the two ones with the strongest comedy-power and the most “logical” and emotional potential for a really(!) romatic relationship,….they decided to ignore it, and put them two in ordinary, boring and unnatural cliché-relationships with no really bounds or permissions.

“You make me angry!” Angry
Doctor Bruce Banner

(It is really a “BIG BANG”,…a “BIG BANG” before the head.)

You are right. It is not longer the same show. The topic of a group of nerdy friends with a beautiful female blonde neighbor already ended six (or even seven ) years ago and made burst for four normal citizens with their soap-opera-problems. Frustrating!
But,…..well,….the rest of the world can torture me, scalp me or stone to death,….I always have the hope that they sometime will see that Penny and Sheldon are the only ones for which a  justification for a relationship really exists. They cared about each other, learnt from each other and supported each other. All with respect and without change the other.
What the writers will do, ….they cannot make this facts undo.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S.: It is crazy. I am curious about the new “Star Wars”-villains…”Kylo Ren”, “Snoke”, “Captain Phasma”, all this great dark personalities (just as Sheldon I was always a man of the “Empire”) to which I felt always attracted,…. and at the same time I am writing about the possibility of a great and unconventional romance, and how cute and heart-warming  it could be.
Please tell me, my dear “Shenny”-friends,….. if I am an candidate for the loony bin?
(Of course, it is only rhetoric, but....well)    

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 11-09-2015

It's a question of intent and you have explained this well. As soon as they began to 'think' about a direction for the characters they lost their way. During the first three seasons the writers seemed to be on a creative roll. Each episode was insular, there were no consequences for the characters, no narrative to follow. Each episode was world of its own, no growth, the show was driven on characterisation, not outcome.

But there was so much criticism about this. For some reason US shows get controlled by their audiences. At some point the creators get paid off and the watchers project their ideas on the show. It's very strange. It creates a lot of money but it takes away the power of those who have the talent to write it in the first place. There are expectations and where there are expectations there is no art.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Nutz - 11-09-2015

But Big Bang didn't follow the US audience. By the end of season 2 the audience and critics were all pro Shenny and the question that was being asked all the time was "will you hook these two amazing characters up with each other." which of course they didn't since Penny was supposed to belong to Leonard in some sort of High School revenge fantasy, but considering what the show is now, perhaps they should have followed the audience when they had the chance.

Although really when you think about it, they're not really following the audience now. The General Public seem ambivalent at best about the ships, we know the Lenny's are still pissed about the Wedding they were given and Penny's additude towards Leonard, and God knows the Fowlings are in a complete meltdown cause they dared f#ck with their ship (even for a little while)

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 11-16-2015

In light of the relentless misery everywhere in reality, I have slightly updated one of our Pasablanca images...

[Image: CT5uiQ3VAAEO9dD.jpg]
https://twitter.com/BigBangTheoryHQ/status/666091331035357184

Back in the fantasy world of TBBT, if any Nostalgic guests or Sheldon fans are still grappling with the direction chosen for Sheldon's character, I recommend reading JLynnB's story "The Molaro". It explains everything rather well. 

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11596931/1/Shenny-at-the-Movies-The-Molaro

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Ratman77 - 11-18-2015

In one of my muse-hours ( Ohhh god!) I had a vision about a  (sick)“Shenny”-like ending of the show.

Sheldon and Amy try a new start of their relationship, but it does not work, because the break and the distrust are to great, and so they decide to be only friends.

In the “Lenny”- marriage at first it looks good. Penny becomes pregnant, but the relationship does not hold because Leonard cheats her again.

Duo to this, Penny and Sheldon starts-like in old days- again to care for each other, where they are more and more getting closer. At the end, after a lot of funny capers, they recognize that they are the best ones for each other, come finally together and became a kind of patchwork-family.

Penny is happy, because she has the man on her side which will never cheat her, respect her as person and always will be there for her and the child.
And Sheldon is happy, because he have the woman on his side who accept him like he is, who is inspiration and challenge at the same time,….and that there is offspring without he has to touch the woman.

I swore that there was no influence of alcohol or drugs when I became this imagination. Blush

Greetings from Germany!