Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Ratman77 - 10-19-2015

(09-02-2015, 03:31 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: SEASON 9 COMETH...

[Image: mzl.pkmsfcng.600x600-75.jpg]

Something is rather off in this photo...Sheldon looks half a mile wide...

More of the same old ambiguous Sheldon & Penny relationship, that the folk in charge of the photoshoots use over and over again. Sheldon & Penny, and Sheldon & Penny, and Sheldon & Penny...

BUT DON'T SHIP THEM! Sarcasm

So odd.

Anyroad I'm not complaining. Wine

Sheldon & Penny are the heart of the show. We know it, the bulk of the audience knows it, in addition, anyone with any degree of artistic subtlety knows it...so it shouldn't be surprising that the photographers (or should I say photomanippers?) also know it.

What I AM going to kvetch about is the normal suit. Dear god, would it kill them to break out the plaid again?

At least put Sheldon in BLACK!
(Yes, I know. It is a little bit late to comment this picture, but……well).
Really!
This cover is indeed not a revelation of innovative arts-skills. Confused
The background, a library. Hmm, okay. For a series which is playing in the world of the academics, it is not a bad idea. Point for them.
BUT the characters!!! Shock
UUHHRRRG!!! Morlock
Sheldon looks like a bored college-professor who cannot wait to get in pension finally.
Amy looks like something that we in German call “graue Maus”-“grey mouse”….and that in a very exemplary way.
Howard is sitting in the foreground, and Bernie have her typical “nice, but not naughty”-look…..but the kind of Howard, how he is sitting there-with her behind him- looks like if she is presenting him as the result of an experiment, a project. (And a little bit of a puppeteer is also there). Poor boy. (A  Angry   for the writers that they have ruined Bernie’s character).
Leonard…….No commentary.
And……oh yes, sorry. Raj is also there! They have put him so aside, that you could overlook him. Really not fair, how I think.
The only good one of this character-gallery is Penny. Her dress, the color of it and her smile…..
There is a trace of her original-character to recognize. Heart Blush
So…..two points for them. Penny and the background VS…..the rest.
And it is really not to deny that the whole picture looks very very cheap.
At least it is good that they have decided to not use it, haven’t they?
PS: “Idle Miscreant”, how you has written, the putting of Penny and Sheldon side by side, the resulting signs and hints of their attraction and their possible (romantic) relationship…….and the statements that the “Shenny” not would come on the other side………
Sometimes I could go to the ceiling. Angry

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Louise - 10-19-2015

random disjointed thoughts:

Hmm. I hadn't seen this one, yet. I think I would like it fairly well, if the Interlopers weren't there. I'm kinda liking this rather mysterious, Clue-style setting, although it has little or nothing to do with the actual style or content of the show. 

But yes, Sheldon's body looks much too wide/thick, like they put his head on someone else's body. 

The colors in B's dress don't jive with the dark colors of everything else. In fact, the color scheme doesn't seem to harmonize or look very intentional or well-thought-out, here, across the boards.  Penny's dress is a bit too casual or light-hearted for this "dark opulence"-type theme. As Ratman pointed out, B. has exactly one facial expression in these various promo pics. I hate her like burning. I'm waiting for TPTB to reveal that there really isn't any Melissa Rauch and B. is a CGI character, because that's how natural, believable, and versatile she is.

The women are smiling and the men are not, this makes the women look psycho, not cheery. Apparently the women always have to be a certain way, even when you're going for this mysterious/bad-ass theme. The division between the male and female characters is so very obvious.

Howard actually looks kind of bad-ass, I like it. Notice how they always make *damn sure* that you can see his wedding-ring, though. Couldn't have his hand in his pocket or something. They always do this. My parents have been happily married for decades and my dad never wore a ring because it's simply not his style.

Wow, that is quite the phallic placement of Raj's telescope...

Mainly this just makes me want some Agatha Christie-style AU fics.

If you deleted the Interlopers, this looks like a show I would very much want to watch. It looks like an enjoyably campy and juicy old-school soap opera about a bunch of wealthy people and their scandals, or something, with lots of murders and back-stabbing and twists and turns. Like these people are all members of organized crime or something. PLOT BUNNY AHOY. It doesn't look like a comedy, though. 

I can actually *see* the Photoshopping around the character's heads and feet, though. They look very flat, like paper-dolls. How appropriate  Dodgy

I propose they give us this crime/intrigue/family-dynasty show instead of that one about  cleaning ovens and buying tables. 

Really, this is kinda fascinating. Are they messing with us, like "see, this is actually a tragedy, not a comedy?" 

Amy's dress is so hideous and unflattering, I find it hard to believe they aren't intentionally mocking the character and/or the actress.

I love me some Dark!Howard and his high-heeled boots.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Kimk26 - 10-20-2015

(09-02-2015, 03:31 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: SEASON 9 COMETH...

[Image: mzl.pkmsfcng.600x600-75.jpg]

Something is rather off in this photo...Sheldon looks half a mile wide...

More of the same old ambiguous Sheldon & Penny relationship, that the folk in charge of the photoshoots use over and over again. Sheldon & Penny, and Sheldon & Penny, and Sheldon & Penny...

BUT DON'T SHIP THEM! Sarcasm

So odd.

Anyroad I'm not complaining. Wine

Sheldon & Penny are the heart of the show. We know it, the bulk of the audience knows it, in addition, anyone with any degree of artistic subtlety knows it...so it shouldn't be surprising that the photographers (or should I say photomanippers?) also know it.

What I AM going to kvetch about is the normal suit. Dear god, would it kill them to break out the plaid again?

At least put Sheldon in BLACK!
Okay, I've got access to an actual PC right now, so am flitting about, making commentary on things I've been observing and/or thinking about replying on, but is oftentimes too daunting a task for my smartphone. 

I've been reading everyone's take on this promo photo. And yes, to all of the above. Someone noted, though, the placement of that telescope in front of Raj. Yes, I noticed it as well. Along this same vein--yes..yes..I have the audacity to keep bringing in these puns--but take a look at the microscope in front of Bernadette. She's got the thing pointing up at her. And I don't think it would take much imagination to see the symbolism there. Stood out pretty strongly to me. Makes me wonder, just why they choose to do this stuff? And also, why the quality of these things has suffered so much. In earlier years, they seemed to take the time and effort (and expense, most likely) to create promo photos of quality. How hard can that be? How hard is it to assemble a group of seven people and pose them? On a realistic set, with real props, real heads on real bodies. Like, Amy, sitting on this couch. The couch does not look believable as the couch she's actually sitting on. They cut and pasted her onto a couch. In reality, she was probably sitting on some park bench they dragged in from the street. 

Yeah..with the deconstruction of Sheldon, all the way down to the ridiculousness of these photo shoots..it's like, they WANT the show and actors to be shown in the worst light. With the fact they're the top-rated comedy on television, and can now afford to pay these high salaries, I would think this show would be a top priority. From their best character on down to the photo shoots. It's like..they're purposely doing the least passable job they can in every respect, just to see how bad they can do things and still be on the air. Or something. Either way, it's disheartening, and a slap in the face to everyone. Yes, I feel slapped in the face. And not by a pair of white gloves, either. More like the Three Stooges, with Moe stooge-slapping the other two. But in this case, it's Chuck Lorre, with a hand that's just been scratching down his trousers, stooge-slapping everyone. Beginning with poor Jim Parsons, through the rest of the cast, down to the fans, with me at the end. We've been smelly stooge-slapped!

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 10-20-2015

I officially hate Sheldon in anything but his 'REAL' clothes. His original plaid suit, his tees and the black suit Penny helped him buy.

The entire scene looks as though its been created in photoshop. They have a real image of Simon in that chair (or A chair) but Mayim's been shopped on the couch and there's no room for Johnny foot behind her. She also looks a little lighter than the others and there's not enough shadow under the couch. I doubt Kaley would be able to stand on that ladder in those heels and Jim's head could quite easily have come from a different body. This is not the worst photoshopping they've had, in fact its very good considering what they had to work with but I don't know why they can't just get all the cast together for shoots.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Louise - 10-21-2015

(10-20-2015, 07:12 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I don't know why they can't just get all the cast together for shoots.

My guess is the cast only wants to be involved with BBT as much as they absolutely have to, at this point. It's like a factory job where you clock in and clock out. It's not a passion or a vocation. They prob. want to just do the filming and whatever else is strictly necessary to literally produce the eps, and then get the hell out of there and spend time on their families and their other projects. They're prob. not even in the same city or the same state when the show isn't actively in production. 

Quote: take a look at the microscope in front of Bernadette. She's got the thing pointing up at her. And I don't think it would take much imagination to see the symbolism there.

I noticed that, too. It can't be accidental. 

Quote:it's like, they WANT the show and actors to be shown in the worst light. With the fact they're the top-rated comedy on television, and can now afford to pay these high salaries, I would think this show would be a top priority. From their best character on down to the photo shoots. It's like..they're purposely doing the least passable job they can in every respect, just to see how bad they can do things and still be on the air.

Yes. I remarked recently that the wardrobe budget actually seems *lower*, with all these cheap-looking, ill-fitting, drab and wrinkled clothes. For the top-rated comedy in the nation, they should have everything first-class, everything the highest quality, everything classy and impressive. That's marketing, isn't?  But do they really even need to market the show anymore, since it's such a juggernaut? I think it's exactly as you said; they are lazy and will do as little as they can get away with. They have a certain segment of the audience hooked, no matter what. They have gotten really lazy, complacent, and cocky. They think the public will just take absolutely anything they dish out. But yeah, why don't they care enough to make things look top-notch? I'm never certain to what degree TPTB actually believes their own propaganda, and to what extent they *know* the show sucks and they're mocking both it and the audience. They *know* Amy isn't sexy, for starters. All that Photoshop, and she still comes out looking so frumpy and saggy?

Quote:I officially hate Sheldon in anything but his 'REAL' clothes. His original plaid suit, his tees and the black suit Penny helped him buy. 

I love his look in the pilot. The real pilot.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 10-22-2015

What do you guys think of the FLEETING new matches for Sheldon and Amy?

http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/#!The-dating-game/c17n9/562873210cf20da412a4ef6b

She looks so much like Penny  Big Grin

[Image: 37a655_6b1223bae65540c0afaa5188c2120e31....00_jpg_srb]

Even her new look is more like recent Penny. Did the writers do this on purpose or what?

[Image: 37a655_a13ce611faae46908bf23228b46c5e2e....00_jpg_srb]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 10-23-2015

Looks like canon fans are not impressed with the premier in the uk.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-22/has-the-big-bang-theory-turned-into-a-damp-squib

Look at Amy's body language! She just wants to get away. Her back is right up against the door and she's thinking "This person is not for me." I know that look. We've all experienced it so I hope they don't put them back together because the Sheldon that she tried to shape into Sheldon Fowler, is not working out. He's a lot worse than OUR Sheldon.

[Image: 89210.jpg]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Louise - 10-24-2015

(10-23-2015, 01:09 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Look at Amy's body language! She just wants to get away. Her back is right up against the door and she's thinking "This person is not for me." I know that look. We've all experienced it so I hope they don't put them back together because the Sheldon that she tried to shape into Sheldon Fowler, is not working out. He's a lot worse than OUR Sheldon.

Why is her posture always so bad? His is not so hot, in this pic, either. And she looks significantly older than him.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 10-24-2015

It's that bag! They always have that horrible bag attached to her like its been stabled to her belly. I get the whole shoulder bag thing but that bag is not 'Amy'. If I were doing wardrobe, it would be this.

[Image: 1Leather_Satchel_Bag_big__73775.jpg]

or this...but def a satchel.

[Image: leather-vintage-satchel-bags-1095893.jpg]

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 10-24-2015

I ordered an identical satchel to the second one on ebay 3 months ago. It hath not arrived. Villainry, I suspect.
How am I now to carry my booze and manuscripts around?
I shall never trust anyone ever again.