Shenny HQ
SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything can happen Thursday (Season 8-12) (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Season 9 (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: SPOILERS: What fresh hell is this? - S9 (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Tuesday Pajamas - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 02:42 AM)Nutz Wrote: I'm in complete agreement with Space in thinking "It's a TRAAAPPP!!!" I want to believe, but I don't trust those bastards.

But for the hell of it, let's say the kiss is everything that's been reported AND goes over well with the general public and the media. What next? Will TPTB have the guts to actually do anything? Past experiences say no, plus Lenny is now married, and consummated, so where do they even go from there even if they wanted to?

Very true. They have cleverly avoided the real issue, that Leonard is not that trustworthy and Penny is suddenly blind to this warning sign, by throwing in a shock.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Nutz - 08-21-2015

Never mind, I think I answered my own question. Penny was distracted thinking about Leonard cheating and didn't sign the paperwork. Oops. No marriage. Just another Vegas fuck up.

Although this also would work to reset the Lenny and give them a big Wedding later on.

(08-20-2015, 01:18 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Yes a Shenny kiss people. BUT its a dream and I have the feeling they are going to focus on Leonard's reaction. So 'proving' he will be hurt if Sheldon and Penny got together. It might be another episode to 'prove' that Shenny is 'bad'. Rolleyes

The laundry scene was ridiculous. I've seen the canons saying they are throwing up in their mouths. How insulting and I don't believe it. They fear Shenny but they know they are the characters people tune in for. How do they think we have felt for the last few seasons seeing their ships kissing. Confused

It's amazing how some can't seem to grasp this is a comedy. Some fans just want romance scenes and nothing else. Really hope the show makes this season about humour.

That Laundry scene was a fantasy, Amy's fantasy about Sheldon and Penny. The only thing I felt that was completely ridiculous about it was it never got to the punchline. Come on its Amy and she's fantasizing about Penny In her underwear coming on to Sheldon. The joke wasn't that he's waiting for a mud haired girl, the joke was Penny saying (as she's running her fingers up and down his chest) that's o.k. She can join us. Cut to Amy's blissful look as she thinks about her fantasy and the rest Giving her shocked, WTF, queasy looks. If you're going to do a fantasy at least keep it in character.

That whole episode was full of spiteful, demeaning, ridiculous fantasies. For something that was supposed to invoke a "it's a Wonderful Life" type feeling, it was an epic fail.

Yeah I know our Shenny kiss changes nothing on the show but damn it!!! I'm going to enjoy it because we won't get anything else. TongueHeart Its ours and we Shennys get so little now. I just pray its not taken out because the canons are all over Prady on social media, angry and cursing at him and the show. But we'll see. I just WANT that scene.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - spuffyfan - 08-21-2015

So yesterday I was on cloud nine for obvious reasons....I know Shenny is not endgame but hell yes to a steamy makeout session (with hands everywhere, lip biting, audience screaming). Then I realised who we were dealing with and, for the reasons that have already been said here, I have a feeling that we are going to be burned by tptb. Let's face it, they have never been kind to our ship (not that we need their validation to see what's obviously there) but its their blatant pandering to the other guys in the fandom that has always grated on my last nerve eg when Shenny were doing the love experiment thing, did they really have to introduce the siblings dialogue - it didn't add anything to the scene (yes we knew the experiment was not going to go anywhere Rolleyes) instead it gave the canons something to gloat about. Quite likely, as TP said, they are probably going to focus on Leonard's reaction to the nightmare so that the message is loud and clear "Shenny is BAD - can't you see how much it would hurt Leonard - yada yada yada"). Besides although Bill P was chastising the canon shippers on twitter, he was pretty much saying that the scene will play out differently to what was described - translation "We are going to edit the sh*t out of it." I just wish I had been at the taping on Tuesday to have witnessed it first-hand instead of the doctored, bastardised version we are likely to see come September (that is if they don't cut it out altogether). Le sigh!

I hate to say it but I know you're right Sad It would be easier if they never did another Shenny scene and left us alone. We could just enjoy what was, never watch another episode and not keep getting drawn into the nightmare that is canon.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - spuffyfan - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 04:49 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I hate to say it but I know you're right Sad It would be easier if they never did another Shenny scene and left us alone. We could just enjoy what was, never watch another episode and not keep getting drawn into the nightmare that is canon.
I really don't want to be right because we've waited 9 years to see Shenny actually touch lips - dream or no dream its momentous for us. My advice to tptb is that instead of being pre-occupied with de-sensitizing a harmless kissing scene (it's a dream sequence for pit's sake) just because a few people have their panties in a bunch, they should really worry about the rest of season and how they are going to make the show funny again. No shade - just saying.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - devilbk - 08-21-2015

I think that the immediate value of the Shenny kiss is that it looks like it may destroy the perch that the Shamies have been looking down at us all from. They are now reviled in TBBT fandom and at TBBT proper and it's all due to things they actually did and said. Even if everything goes back to the horrible state that it was in for Season Hate, the Shamies will never be the same. Their hysterics have forever damaged them.

So now someone has written an article about Prady getting all those tweets. Prady is saying on twitter that on twitter that the writer of the article misunderstood what he meant.

Prady doesn't care about spoilers, he just doesn't want compliants about an unaired piece of the taping.

http://www.ibtimes.com/big-bang-theory-creator-wants-fans-stop-tweeting-him-about-season-9-spoilers-hold-2060576

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - CassandraElise - 08-22-2015

(08-21-2015, 12:12 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: So now someone has written an article about Prady getting all those tweets. Prady is saying on twitter that on twitter that the writer of the article misunderstood what he meant.

Prady doesn't care about spoilers, he just doesn't want compliants about an unaired piece of the taping.

http://www.ibtimes.com/big-bang-theory-creator-wants-fans-stop-tweeting-him-about-season-9-spoilers-hold-2060576

He claims he's going to block rabid shamies who don't stop tweeting him. Wouldn't that be nice if he actually did it! They deserve the censorship for their horrific vitriol.

RE: What fresh hell is this? - S9 - Idle Miscreant - 08-22-2015

I have found the behaviour of the demented shippers utterly intolerable. Both over this harmless scene and that ONE Sheldon/Penny episode last season.
It's the last vindictive straw, and I've completely lost respect for a considerable portion of the so-called canon fandom. Over the years there's been hysterics, witch-hunting, paranoia and insults to the fans whenever Sheldon & Penny have an even faintly ambiguous scene (ie, any one that isn't based around Shamy or Lenny) and then a violent swing over to gloating and jeering whenever there's good news for the couple they happen to identify with.

Although I've never seen a Lenny or Shamy shipper say they identify with Penny or Sheldon. So it seems bloody obvious to me that the canon shippers are essentially rooting for Leonard and Amy, and the Shenny folk are rooting for Sheldon and Penny. The fact that the Shenny fans and Sheldon Purists, the Sheldon and Penny identifiers in real life, don't LIKE either Amy or Leonard speaks volumes about how inaccurate those show relationships are.

Another thing that baffles me - A rather prurient matter - Sheldon (or rather Jim Parsons) and Penny are overwhelmingly the characters that people fantasize about. A few people are (presumably) fantasizing about Leonard, or Amy, but certainly not in any sort of numbers that are going to make even a tiny dent in the vast monolith of people obsessing over Sheldon and Penny. So if it's alright to fantasize about them interacting with your Mary-Sues of Amy and Leonard, why the bejaysus isn't it alright to imagine them interacting with EACH OTHER?

But yes, the idiodyssey of the fandom. I presume it's like this in other fandoms, but thank god I don't belong to any others. Although I can't see Blackadder fans getting their knickers in a twist because Blackadder's spending more time with Prince George than Baldrick. Although they never turned Blackadder into an idiot either, replaced his sharp personality with a goofy schmuck and shackled him to a woman hellbent on breaking him down into "boyfriend" material (now husband material) like everybody else. Nice that Sheldon becomes like everybody else in the end. Nice that he knuckles under and discovers that absolutely everything he ever believed in or stood for was wrong, and that romance is in fact more important than science, or one's passions, work, friendships, private quests...No, no wait! Not nice. Abysmal.

The one woman that might have worked for Sheldon (again, as I always stress - If they HAD to give him a bloody relationship) was Penny, simply because they wouldn't have had to change his personality. Their sparring matches, coupled with the odd moment of tenderness, works perfectly well as a relationship as it is. It would take the smallest nudge to shift it into that arena.

Penny doesn't WANT romance and sappy sentiment. She doesn't need constant affection. The one thing she WOULD want is sex, but then so does bloody AFF, so there's no difference. They've happily dropped Sheldon's germ phobia, so I presume there's no barrier there. And Penny's a "big ole five" so the whole thing would be handled expertly, with no hang-ups, and with no cringey toddler-esque "mommy and daddy kisses" talk, and simultaneous horrific BUILD-UP to when Sheldon gets sacrificed at the virginal altar. It's monstrous, placing so much emphasis on what was such an inconsequential part of his original character's nature. Sheldon was NEVER about sex or romance. Now the biggest focus of the show seems to be "When will he have sex with AFF? WHY won't he have sex with AFF? AFF deserves sex! And love! And marriage!" etc.

They should have done it years ago, if they were going to do it at all. Now it just looks unbelievable. And it'll be forced when it happens.
Sheldon's a passionate character (or was, for the first 3 years certainly) - a tepid, sticky, kindergarten boy/girl relationship is NOT what his nature called for, or deserved.

Anyroad, it's exhausting. After this unusual scene (if they keep it in) I'll go back to my usual avoidance of what has essentially become for me a show devoted to destroying my idol.

I'm HOPING I'm wrong! Always bloody hoping they'll set Sheldon free.

As for the paranoid/witch-hunting members of the canon fandom;

There are bugger all Sheldon/Penny scenes now, dreams or otherwise. Let folk enjoy what is an increasingly rare pairing, and the last remnant of the early years, and go back to planning your goddamn fictional weddings for your fictional characters.