Shenny HQ
Like an old married couple - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Shipping (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Like an old married couple (/showthread.php?tid=21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Like an old married couple - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-01-2014

Oh I LOVE it. BlossomBlossomBlossomBlossomBlossomBlossomBlossom

What's so great about this for me, is that Penny is not another superbrain colleague beating him. She's a waitressing community college drop-out and she stumps him. This is why these two are SO beautiful. He's a beautiful mind and she's a beautiful heart/body and neither of them think the other has anything of value, yet they are constantly drawn together in a battle that neither can win because they are equal. It's pure poetry and makes the other ships look like a two-bit junior school play.

RE: Like an old married couple - queenoftheDales - 03-01-2014

Their dynamic writes itself time and time again. It is (was) funny and captures your attention from beginning to end. Even the non-shippers enjoyed it.

She was a challenge to him, always keeping him on his toes. He used to seek out her company, despite her "shortcomings" and never judged her with malice. The chemisty didn't turn romantic, but it is undeniable still to this day.

RE: Like an old married couple - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-01-2014

(03-01-2014, 09:09 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: Their dynamic writes itself time and time again. It is (was) funny and captures your attention from beginning to end. Even the non-shippers enjoyed it.

She was a challenge to him, always keeping him on his toes. He used to seek out her company, despite her "shortcomings" and never judged her with malice. The chemisty didn't turn romantic, but it is undeniable still to this day.

It really should have turned romantic but I'm glad it didn't because as we can see for ourselves, these writers do not have anywhere near the skill to handle it properly.

He constantly sort her out even though he claimed that nothing she did held any value to him. They didn't want anything from one another and yet they both gave more in subtle ways than they have to anyone else. What they are writing now is just too 'sign-posted'. The writers have not left the viewer come their own conclusion they just spoon fed what they expect from us.

RE: Like an old married couple - FlyingMonkey - 03-01-2014

They just know how to push each other's buttons. They show more chemistry in 10 seconds than the whole history of Shamy.

RE: Like an old married couple - FranEssi - 03-02-2014

[Image: tumblr_n1q53k5sP31r0z9xao1_500.gif]

RE: Like an old married couple - queenoftheDales - 03-02-2014

I saw that on tumblr the other day and the caption broke my damn heart.

RE: Like an old married couple - Idle Miscreant - 03-04-2014

(02-26-2014, 09:17 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: WARNING WARNING FIRE!!!

Gripe.... look away now. Big Grin manips!

I like SOME manips!

[Image: 2eyw2ud.jpg]

Just not the ones that look like someone's stuck two plastic dolls in a microwave...Which is most of them, and in every fandom under the sun....
I'm sure somewhere there's a terrifying threeway Lone Gunmen manip...and if anyone goes looking for it, I'll hit them with a rolled-up newspaper.
Metaphorically.

Hello Muaaimoi, by the way. I see you and your excellent writing skills there....

[Image: tumblr_mjkwk32nIc1qaejjmo1_1280.jpg]

Ba-DUM Cha!

RE: Like an old married couple - SpaceAnJL - 03-04-2014

Boy was lucky he didn't get a fork up the nose for that.

Those two were effortless and funny, and looked vaguely domestic at Penny's little dining-table. I heartily resent the spaghetti scenario being hijacked to further other agendas.

Incidentally, I find it telling that Leonard has obviously never cooked for Penny, or sought to acquire domestic skills in his adult life. Whereas we've seen Sheldon prepare to cook steak (well, until Leonard puked on it.)

He also bakes...

[Image: 59_1.gif]
[Image: zucchini-bread-2x09.jpg]

And he also knows all about frying meat that isn't chicken as if it were chicken.