Shenny HQ
Like an old married couple - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Shipping (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Like an old married couple (/showthread.php?tid=21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Like an old married couple - Idle Miscreant - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 10:01 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: The motion picture left below. Oh, Gosh! How damn cute she is there. Heart Blush

This is again one of those moments where I ask myself: How can he not fall in love with her? Huh

That's a question right up there with; Why would a woman whose first significant relationship ended with her broken-hearted over his "lying, cheating guts", marry another liar and cheater? Although I think I've answered my question...

Anyroad, the broader answer's the same; Sheldon's not allowed to fall in love with Penny, because Leonard's the hero, so she's written to marry him.

Despite the fact that in both cases their hearts and natures don't fit their actions.

Penny: You want to know the most pathetic part? Even though I hate his lying, cheating guts, I still love him. Is that crazy?

Sheldon: Yes.

[Image: v1MR9A.gif]

RE: Like an old married couple - Tuesday Pajamas - 09-22-2015

Check this out! Sheldon and Amy - so awkward and weird. But this!!!!! It warms my heart... Blossom

[Image: tumblr_nuygu5u8va1ry9upko1_500.jpg]

RE: Like an old married couple - Kimk26 - 09-22-2015

RIGHT! Aww..this is great.. Smile

RE: Like an old married couple - Idle Miscreant - 09-22-2015

AAAAARGHHH!

(I jest)

sass

RE: Like an old married couple - Idle Miscreant - 10-07-2015

[Image: tumblr_nvg6s6thxK1qlix6mo9_250.gif]

Colours! Mantis Sheldon! Wine

And here's two more for the "dodgy" file.

[Image: tumblr_niz1mnORBH1rrafppo1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_niz1mnORBH1rrafppo2_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_niz1mnORBH1rrafppo3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_niz1mnORBH1rrafppo4_250.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nvn40o1ck21tweihyo1_500.jpg]

RE: Like an old married couple - Ratman77 - 10-21-2015

Hello, everybody!
Today and yesterday, there was by us on “Pro 7” (the channel where “TBBT” in Germany is on air) a call-voting, where the viewers could decide which character is the best.
Here are the results:

Character:                               Calls                                                   Percent
Penny                                     64                                                       26,8
Sheldon                                  52                                                       22,2
Howard                                   36                                                       15,1
Another one                            36                                                       15,1
Leonard                                  30                                                       12,6
Raj                                          26                                                       8,4       

Greetings from Germany !

RE: Like an old married couple - Tuesday Pajamas - 10-22-2015

By cookiecris

[Image: tumblr_nwfxm6zE2B1qdxmh0o1_500.jpg]

RE: Like an old married couple - Idle Miscreant - 10-23-2015

Just an idle comment about something which bemuses me. I think it has been pretty well established over the years that Sheldon and Penny, ie Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco, have a hell of a lot of "chemistry" together (that's the word used over and over again). "Chemistry" between actors, at its heart, is simply an extra level of energy, an interplay which has a heightened vibe about it. It makes for the great pairings and partnerships of film, television and theatre. It is mesmerising to behold.

Now, staggering around social media, I've always found it baffling that certain shippers who dislike Sheldon/Penny scenes, for no other reason, it seems, than the "threat" they pose, feel the need to repetitively classify this chemistry between Parsons/Cuoco as COMEDIC chemistry, not ROMANTIC (or sexual) chemistry. The further implication (sometimes blatantly stated as fact) being that Parsons/Bialik have the latter type.

The problem is that this type of "romantic chemistry" that they're suggesting implies an undercurrent of genuine romantic/sexual interest between the actors that translates to their scenes. In which case...well Parsons isn't going to have that with any of the female cast, is he. If he doesn't have this "vibe" with Cuoco, then he certainly doesn't with Bialik either, by default.

So they've sort of scuppered their own argument...

(Unless of course they're suggesting that Parsons and Bialik ARE having an affair, in which case we're dealing with the fantasy-projection of some very confused shippers)

Personally I feel this distinction and classification of what is essentially an "energy" as either romantic or comedic, is rather ridiculous and arbitrary, and depends on what is being projected by the viewer. Energy is energy. Chemistry is chemistry. Two actors either have it or they don't. The point about Parsons and Cuoco is that THEY HAVE IT. In spades. Which makes them very watchable. That is all we, and a large number of people, are ever pointing out. And that if you're going to put Sheldon in a relationship, surely you should put him with someone with whom he has chemistry of ANY DESCRIPTION AT ALL?

[Image: tumblr_lng423kg8r1qazsmz.gif]

RE: Like an old married couple - Tuesday Pajamas - 10-23-2015

American TV is almost exclusively beautiful people, it's not like that in the UK, we have normal looking actors as well. I find TV full of beautiful people extremely bland, there's little real chemistry regardless of their looks.

But I just bristled with excitement when I discovered Sheldon and Penny. They had real spark, something natural that you can't write into a script. The problem is, it wasn't in Chuck Lorre's and Bill Prady's plans. They knew the 'appeal' of those two attractive actors was enough to bring in the punters. So they stick them with some 'relatable' and supposedly 'plain' characters and they have a recipe for success. The perfect wish-fulfilment fantasy. In the meantime, something rare is just wasted because it got in the way.

It wasn't JUST the actors either. The way Penny is written... the sweetness that she shows others is a lot deeper and warmer than the other females and this is what Sheldon craves. Penny could also learn from Sheldon about using her looks to get what she wants from life. There's so much that works. People always talk about the sex as too much of an obstascle, but that's the same with any woman Sheldon gets involved with.

Personally I think its way too late for Shenny, some may disagree but I think they have spoiled it now. They could put him with someone inbetween Amy and Penny and that might work but not Amy.

RE: Like an old married couple - Ratman77 - 10-24-2015

(10-23-2015, 12:19 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Personally I think its way too late for Shenny, some may disagree but I think they have spoiled it now.

Well, I understand your argument, and also why you see that in this way.
But, I think it is perhaps not too late. I know, at the moment it maybe does not look so, but we should hold in mind, that it is a TV-show. Its not the reality, what means that the writers have thousand ways to make turns- unimportant how realistic it is or not.
One example (please do not kill me for I repeat this ):  ”That seventies show”
(I have looked this series for two reasons. I like Mila Kunis, and because it has helped to cheer up my mother when she was in cancer-therapy).
In the second season-when “Fez” had his first girlfriend “Patty”, “Jackie” was jealous. “Donna” told her that she was in love with “Fez”, what “Jackie” then also admited . Only one episode later “Patty” was vanished without a reason, and with “Jackies” love-admission the writers made five(!) years long nothing.
In the last season-after they had finished all the other points on their relationship-agenda- they brought it out again and ended the series (well, this plot-point) with that “Jackie” and “Fez” became a pair.
Yes, I know. The comparison is lagging, but it shows that by a series it lies in the hands of the authors/producers, that plans can be changed……and that nothing is really “inescapably”. The only what I want to say, is that we all should not despair. Nothing is impossible, and in the case from “TBBT” (where-how you written- the producers are aware about this “treasure”)  it would have to go with the devil if they really sometime do not do something with “IT”.

“There are always possibilities”
                                  Mister Spock

(Sheldon Cooper -the original one-from season 1-3- would certainly agree).

Chins up, and greetings from Germany!

P.S.: If you really want to kill me-with words- for the boredom of my argumentations,….please do it softly.