Shenny HQ
Like an old married couple - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: The Big Bang Theory (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Shipping (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Like an old married couple (/showthread.php?tid=21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Like an old married couple - SpaceAnJL - 04-03-2014

Presumably "oh, fuck, we need to drum up some trade, let's use the sizzling screen chemistry we actually have, regardless of relevance to plot, character development, or growth of our realistic, wonderfully witty and romantic relationships in the show."

(I'm sorry, did I say that out loud? My cynicism is showing. My bad.)

RE: Like an old married couple - spuffyfan - 04-04-2014

I know it may be wishful thinking but it's clear that the CBS people - at least those in charge of marketing and advertising - dig the Shenny. I am hoping that as part of the 3 year renewal contract that they have somehow stipulated that Shenny should happen sometime in the next three years (maybe not as end game but could come close enough). I have much more faith in this idea simply because I just can't see how they could sustain the show for 3 more years without some dramatic development - Sheldon shagging Amy doesn't count. At this stage, I just wish they could get it over and done and actually focus on giving Sheldon some development career-wise. I take it as a bad omen that they are choosing to focus on Sheldon's career now with the possibility that they would drag Shamy coitus for two more seasons. And in the end all Sheldon would have accomplished is shagging Amy. I swear these bastards are not above doing shit like this.

But anyway, I digress. Like I said, CBS people dig the Shenny. Otherwise, I am baffled as to why Shenny gets so much more attention than the canon ships.

RE: Like an old married couple - ricardo shillyshally - 04-04-2014

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=137123&d=1207096104] Those who support Shamy and Lenny are so deluded. Add your own script to this picture! Tell CBS you'll switch off if they don't change plot!

RE: Like an old married couple - Nutz - 04-04-2014

I'd say let's go for it, but this isn't a show with 4 million viewers that was on the bubble of cancellation. This show is getting 15-20 million viewers a week. CBS won't care about a couple million fans, they're to busy counting all the money it's bringing in

RE: Like an old married couple - ricardo shillyshally - 04-04-2014

Oh reality! reality! I know, but they keep teasing us, messing with us. It's either that, or we kidnap Chuck Lorre's pet baby goat(assuming alot!). In UK TBBT used to dominate about 20% of evening slot on E4, but as people lose interest, it's becoming extinct! OOOOPS!!! caught again!!!!! [Image: The_shiny_trinket_maneuver_Sheldon_and_Penny.jpg]

RE: Like an old married couple - spuffyfan - 04-05-2014

Speaking of the UK, whenever I happen to catch a re-run of tbbt on E4 it's never the post-season 3 episodes; and I am always lucky to catch the really good Shenny classics. This always makes me happy. At least British people have some sense.

RE: Like an old married couple - ricardo shillyshally - 04-06-2014

I'm just writing the ransom note. 'Either we get to see those three months when L was away, and Sheldon and Penny had to rely on each other; laughed, cried, and did battle with each other, or it's goat soup!'

RE: Like an old married couple - Idle Miscreant - 04-06-2014

We were just discussing goats in the Grumblebox...Pajamas didn't believe I liked anything cute, so I provided a picture of me petting a tiny goat. Or a "half goat" as Pajamas referred to it.
The original discussion was about whether you could roast a bunny inside a lamb inside a goat, for an Easter Surprise. Not so much a discussion perhaps, as a bad-taste suggestion...

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THOSE MONTHS? What a wasted opportunity. Leonard on the ship could have been amusing for a few more episodes at least. And Penny and Sheldon...well!
They also wasted the time the lads were in the Arctic. That could have been at least two full episodes.
I understand they were anxious to get back and destroy Sheldon's credibility though, so...

RE: Like an old married couple - ricardo shillyshally - 04-06-2014

[Image: Goat-Simulator-2014-GDC1.jpg] Those episodes will become a myth, only to be discovered in CL's basement in fifty years time! Talking of goats, these Goat Simulators are a bizarre twist.

RE: Like an old married couple - ricardo shillyshally - 04-19-2014

Yes, sorry I've gone gif mad, at moment, it's the endless repetition. I like the intensity in the looks, could be from a film! [Image: giphy.gif]